The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vaynth

Atlas Launch Guidelines

35 posts in this topic

Guidelines.png
sUTjujMo0LXPEqN9VyI8DwG5xdKwO7OzSKUWeZ3Y

Hey LOTC Community,

With the planning of our newest map comes the responsibility to ensure our transition to 6.0 goes smoothly for you guys. That being said, we will be allocating some time for nations to peacefully settle into their new locations on the realm of Atlas.

I must announce that Limited Creative will no longer be distributed to players following the removal of Nexus crafting. Building materials are becoming much easier to obtain and more abundant, so we’d like to see how players fair with a more vanilla system in place. Another factor that ultimately lead to this decision were the many glitches LC for players was prone to. Nations may still be granted LC for building their settlements at the initial launch.

A few general limitations have been set for the launch of 6.0. We ask that they are respected and followed.

First week: (12/16-12/23)
-Raiding is disallowed;

This decision was made essentially to allow nations a period of order in which they’ll be able to focus on building.

First month: (12/16-1/16)
-There will be no War Claims, Coups, Tile Purchases, and Nation Charters;

All of these systems are being re-worked during this period, while players are settling in and becoming accustomed to our new realm. In addition, the conclusion regarding War Claims also goes hand in hand with our reasoning for putting a hold on Raids.

That’s about all for now! Please keep an eye out for further announcements, as our staff will be doing their best to answer questions we’ve received regarding the new map and relaying important information as we grow closer to the 16th of December. We certainly hope you’re all excited to explore the new land. Have a lovely day.

At first I didn't have faith in this new admin team, but that view is clearly changed. Good work!

As new player to LOTC I can express my excitement in the decision of a new map. Hopefully this will help myself, as well as other new or returning players, to ease in to the community.

3 minutes ago, iMattyz said:

Do this with LC.

LC wouldnt be a normal thing in Atlas, the only exception would be during the first week so the nations would be able to build their capitals.

27 minutes ago, Suxals said:

LC wouldnt be a normal thing in Atlas, the only exception would be during the first week so the nations would be able to build their capitals.

Still, they should do that, so it gives incentive for more rp.

@Vaynth If someone were to free-build a spot near your Capital, would you be able to raid the **** out of them in the first week?

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

Why though? What's the harm? Buildings and constructions are the facilitators of roleplay and anything that eases that process is good. Obviously don't make it generally available but also don't just discount it altogether.

9 minutes ago, iMattyz said:

Why though? What's the harm? Buildings and constructions are the facilitators of roleplay and anything that eases that process is good. Obviously don't make it generally available but also don't just discount it altogether.

I used to think like you until the devs explained me the amount of bugs and possible exploits of LC, basically in the first month a faction could dupe enough iron for the entire time of the map, so until that is fixed it wouldnt be implemented, the only exception would be the initial capitals. Probably a better option would be appear in the future tho.

5 minutes ago, Suxals said:

I used to think like you until the devs explained me the amount of bugs and possible exploits of LC, basically in the first month a faction could dupe enough iron for the entire time of the map, so until that is fixed it wouldnt be implemented, the only exception would be the initial capitals. Probably a better option would be appear in the future tho.

Fair enough if that is the case, but is it possible that people could have quasi-LC in the form of GMs handing out specific material and stuff like that?

2 minutes ago, iMattyz said:

Fair enough if that is the case, but is it possible that people could have quasi-LC in the form of GMs handing out specific material and stuff like that?

Yes, even fly if it is requested.