[Shelved][✓] [Lore sub] Kuila Crystals

mitto

Kuila Crystals

[Living Crystals]

s0DionWR0ErZyMKkIjraxa8JEXuZBu_ATm2xAYNkSKgPO-_OEMrvYudkP7NnpPHPeB-6DB7y4xpq4X6q1WEbFBOqj86WGKe1jK05X8WQ6h87Hl2QsRjPKNUP8QD8_wN0uS6mEyLe

[x]

“Interesting find, you know… I heard they can speak to you. Yeah, only in legends but many Druii claim the crystal to be alive! To have a pulse like an animal. Hold it close, don’t underestimate it’s potential.”

Kuila crystals are a rare gem special to Druids spanning back centuries, many older civilizations such as early Mali’ame were also known to take heavy interest in the crystals. Many claimed to bare witness to the raw life that emitted from the crystal, having been often discovered in the tightest coves of natural life.

To the most renowned Druids, many sought to integrate their Kuila crystal into their staff. Many wore them similar to an amulet. It’s said that when a Druid utilizes their ability the crystal begins to hum with life and emit a glow at the intensity of its user. Many grew to believe the crystal held natural amplifying ability and acted as a catalyst for Druidic ability.

2k1d_Xnu4lNgoMxmwo8ux9cGjAREKui7UZ_tEZZLDbePV9mNtq8-RLOPLl0y29-kForXGg5ujslh1XxW1A9dQ64gAfR8qQC8uoykw-6lYEr2g8O0M6TMb7Iq5LWwEhnAC2fB0bUh

[x]

Kuila crystals are formed in rare circumstances, generally at the root of an area of immense natural influx, it’s not uncommon for Kuila crystals to begin to accumulate under the earth in areas such as Druidic groves. These crystals are imbued with a natural connection to nature as they’re formed, similarly to plants and animals, being dubbed as a ‘living crystal.’ As many have claimed to hear a Kuila crystals ‘pulse’.

Kuila crystals unlike other living organisms however have three main properties which allow it to function and operate in conjunction to a Druid's ability for instance. These functions operate together enabling each of the different functions to work.

Bridge

The starting concept is that a Kuila crystal holds a natural connection to nature similarly to living organisms, in a sense it can be heard and communicated with by one attuned to nature. Albeit due to its unique and uncommon nature, many Druids could spend a lifetime meditating with their crystal and never understand what it tries to convey, only that they can sense its ‘voice’.

Kuila crystals bind to their owner, therefore unless in their death or undisclosed other circumstances only the initial holder would be able to utilize its potential. Through meditation a Druid for instance will begin to forge a deeper bond with the crystal, allowing for amplifications of other functions.

• You can’t speak with it, it’s a crystal, it has no cognitive understanding however it ‘bridges’ nature therefore giving off a voice like placebo from nature.

• You don’t need to be a Druid to bind with a Kuila, simply Druids are the best to fully utilizing its potential.

• Meditation is the only known way to strengthen a bond with a Kuila crystal. On first contact it will be practically useless and progresses similar to communion as many decades pass.

• Kuila crystals are limited to size, anything bigger than an orange in volume will be extremely unstable and near impossible to commune with. In fact the smaller the crystal the easier it is to utilize catalyst, at the expense of reservoir size.

X7FGhBSQi1zLRRhzvSB14_yagKkMtpL1RpSLdhBEwMF70Uba20z_Lgrlcs3SoT8XZShysiZSKTXxdN9fooNcZqirk9DwJxo5270KDNLdQCpw-RGMwEFVPVGiroIYE9Wb9hs3gwek

Reservoir + Catalyst

The Kuila crystal acts as a natural reservoir for natural energy, allowing for utilities such as acting as a catalyst to be possible. It can also be used as an additional pool of energy for revitalization after taxing use of Druidic ability. For abilities such as blight healing it can extend the use time acting as an additional pool of energy.

The amount a crystal can hold is dependent on its charge and it’s size. As previously mentioned a Kuila crystal becomes harder to focus on as its size increases which can make initial connection a taxing process rather than a fruitful one. Kuila crystals can store very little natural energy relative to a Druid, and are often used as a supplementary rather than a primary, many Druids are unaware it even has an effect.

Reservoirs can be revitalized through meditation in nature rich reserves. They do passively recharge but over the span of elven weeks it would take.

• For certain druidic abilities, a fully charged Kuila crystal may only extend the ability by 10 minutes, or roughly 4 emotes.

• You can’t utilize more than one at a time, you can’t have more than one Kuila crystal bound to you at any given time.

• Kuila crystals won't bump your power up a tier, it only amplifies what you can do subtly, mainly by extending your use time and maximizing the yield in process such as blight and herblore.

• The bigger your crystal is the more likely it will not do anything when you use your abilities. It would take too much focus to perform a task and use the bridge in conjunction.

amazingly well-written but unfortunately needless

-1 from me. It seems like just a fancy trinket in order for the Druids to feel more special. Ergo, it already takes years of training for a Dedicant to become a Druid, then they get the will to bend plants/heal plants/commune with plants after attunment. This seems like commune but with extra and more pointless steps, just with a fancy rock. 

I'd like to clear up the purpose of this piece, it's not supposed to be a power tool. As aforementioned it's not a practical tool, and to clarify it's doesn't add any roleplay to Druidic ability.

The purpose of this piece was to insight roleplay, as I had hoped it would become a rare but important natural trinket. Allowing for Druids to be able to RP being connected more with their staves, enhancing roleplay such as allow it to illuminate on ability use. Even been heirlooms passed down.

It's a rock, similar to bluesteel or whatever, but it has natural magic properties and is super rare. It doesn't give you an edge but it's great as an event gift, family roleplay and a display of a connection to nature.

The point being it's not a grand piece, its not a powerful piece. It's just something I believe is small and out the way which could have good RP implications however I just needed to explain how the lore works cause I can't just say green rock is magic

Thank you for submitting your piece! This will be our final vote until the end of February and due to the amount of lore currently submitted, will take 2 weeks to finish. Expect a verdict here on the 30th/31st.

Unfortunately, due to the large amount of lore pieces (32 or so) that we're reviewing this time around, I am extending the current vote. A verdict will be posted here around the 5th. I'll post here again to keep you updated if anything else arises.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856