AMA cuz I think like 3 people remember me

Merkaken

what’s your favourite part about this community? What do you genuinely enjoy about it, and what keeps you coming back?

Happy to see you back Soresan. What’s your favourite thing about roleplay itself?

3 hours ago, Lumiin said:

what’s your favourite part about this community? What do you genuinely enjoy about it, and what keeps you coming back?

Hmm... Favorite thing is the people. You meet some genuinely amazing people on this server, friends even. True, there’s lots and lots of toxicity. Honestly it’s worse than I’ve personally seen it before, but for starters that’s my opinion, and also it always tends to come back to the middle. There will be highs in every community, whether it be a race or nation, or even the server itself, and then there will be lows. Neither lasts forever, for good or ill. 

What I genuinely enjoy about it is, again, the people and obviously the roleplay. It took me a long time to kind of come out of my shell and put myself out there, but once I did and I got a feel for what group of people I fit in with the most I had an amazing time, and they’re times I think about often, whether they are RP memories that are silly or serious and even ooc moments in skype or discord.

What keeps me coming back is nostalgia and a genuine love for the server. Sometimes I’ll need to take a break whether for personal reasons or just a loss of interest, but it’s difficult to stay away for long. I think about the amazing memories I’ve had on this server and eventually feel a need to make more.

1 hour ago, Unwillingly said:

How long have you been playing LOTC? 

I started in mid-late Asulon in July of 2012, so about 6-7 years which is really crazy to think about. I’ve sprinkles in some breaks here and there, and it’s always interesting to see who’s still around/who left/who came back when I return.

1 hour ago, Telanir said:

Happy to see you back Soresan. What’s your favourite thing about roleplay itself?

He knows my true name! I didn’t think anyone still on this server remembered what I used to go by lol

My favorite thing is probably how open ended everything can be. I enjoy that it’s sort of up to your imagination (within reason, especially on a server) what is happening and how your character will be effected by that. It’s kind of like you’re writing your own little story about someone, and as your character interacts with this world it’s influenced either in a large or small way by other players doing the same thing. It’s interesting thinking of a character, giving them a basic personality, and then sending them out to the world into the world and seeing how they change according to the world around them, the actions the events. It’s just fascinating how you can have a sort of plan for your character on what you want them to be and how many times things will pop up that change that plan. I mean I thought my Dread Knight was going to be the last remaining Dread Lord forever. Now he’s Human again and is trying to figure out what to do now that he’s no longer immortal. Things can change in a second, and I find that amazing.

Is modern LoTC better or worse than LoTC when you first joined?

6 hours ago, Tato said:

whats somethin old u wish was still around

whats somethin still around u wish wasnt

There’s quite a few things I missed. The heavier and most important one I’ll save for last. 

1. I miss  stomping around with my old Dread Knight buddies from way back in Anthos. It was a very odd relationship three of us had, Alexandros (My character), Verin (SiEnimFallorSum’s Dread Knight) And Aelor, the Dread Lord when my DK was name (Wish I remember his MC name. It was Augur or something like that I THINK). It was almost like two sons and a father... But not really. Neither one of us loved or cared for each other. But it was more of a “Hey, I dislike you two the least out of everything on this planet” type of thing. 
  2. I miss phobism. If you weren’t around for it, it was essentially a more powerful deity illusion magic that focused on ritualistic spell casting that drove those that were victims of the phobism user insane. It had one attack in a group of preset spells you could use. And that attack wasn’t much special. Sadly, though, what happened to Phobism is what happens to a lot of magic. It got shelved. We were offered to rewrite it, and the phobism users that came after me tried their best but for reasons unknown to me it got denied time and again. The reason I know of on why it got shelved was powergaming, which I honestly disagree with and I honestly thought was a rather dumb choice. I don’t really have anything against the LT that made that choice or anything, I just wasn’t happy with the decision. LotC would benefit greatly from more magic or creatures that focused more on the mysticism (Pun not intended but enjoyed) of magic and more ritualistic side of it rather than what seems to be focusing on fighting. Just my personal opinion though.
  3. Of course, a magic, and truly a massive amount of lore based around said magic, leads me to the one who made it... Watyll. I miss him more than anything and a day doesn’t go by without thinking of him. It was heartbreaking when he passed. I may not have known him as well as others on this server but I still considered him a good friend. I enjoyed our chats on skype and our Darth Sideous and Darth Vader esque roleplay we had as cultists. It’s a tragedy a man with such a spark of genius is taken from us. I know that’s a bit heavy for a goofy AMA but eh. 

As the second question... I suppose the LT shelving thing. Again, I really don’t have anything against the LT members themselves. I’ve chatted with a few of them and they seem like perfectly nice people. I just think it’s a shame when things need to be shelved or gotten rid of. I might just be salty cuz I tend to be in the groups of things that get hit when things are shelved so I mean take that with a grain of salt. On the plus side I get to RP my old DK as a bit more 3D now that he’s no longer solely focused on killing, so there’s a silver lining to it. It’s gonna be freaking interesting to see how he adjusts to being in Atlas/wherever this new place is since he was turned in Anthos

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Is modern LoTC better or worse than LoTC when you first joined?

Hmmm... Depends on what we’re talking about specifically. Community’s a lot more toxic now, sadly. However the roleplay’s better, magic seems less clique-ish (Which I know seems false to some people but if you were in Asulon you know what I’m talking about). 

3 minutes ago, ScubaSteveee said:

Send me a song.

Enjoy some edgy music from everyone’s favorite edge lord

48 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

-snip-

some vinyl right there if you have no remix, I will give you GOOD tunes

Edited by ScubaSteveee