Sign in to follow this  
Demented_Delila

A Warning: Carriers and Diseases

[!] Notes have been pinned up about the city, scrawled in the block print common by the Clinic’s warnings. There is a drawing of a chicken on it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Citizenry of Haelun’or and anyone else this missive reaches,

I would like to formally request that you do not engage with blood, of any sort, for whatever reason. You should always be wearing gloves in Clinical and Laboratory settings. Did you know you can get diseases by contact with blood? That even goes for  sweats, tears and spit! If it’s a bodily fluid- Do not interact with it unless you’ve got gloves on, and a mask for extra precaution! Not only do we, as sentient beings, have to abide this towards each other, but we should abide it towards livestock and other animals.

Birds, for example. Bird are known carriers of disease, so are rats and bugs like ticks and fleas- What I’m trying to say is; Be safe. Do not be stupid about how you go about handling carcasses and corpses. Protect yourselves, protect your friends and family. It is as simple as hand washing, covering your mouths and avoiding others when you are sick-

Please, for the love of all things good. Don’t be stupid when it comes to your health! If you’re sick, find a clinic or a healer- anything works. Administer some herbs, go to bed and don’t spread your sickness, I don’t care if it’s not contagious or not. You can never be too safe.

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

Signed,

Head Physician Dele Seregon

Uppori Visaj strolled across the plaza, staring at such a missive that was quickly placed upon the clinic board. She tilted her head at it, completely puzzled by the contents of the parchment. “Is it not common knowledge to be safe when dealing with such... Substances?” Uppori placed her hands together, thinking for a moment. “I wonder what caused this parchment to be posted.” 

Faemystu Uveyna squinted at the parchment for a moment, idly shrugging at the contents while taking a smoke out of her pipe. “Pff, Dele sounds pretty angry in this note. Seems like something crappy happened.” Faemystu shrugged idly at the announcement, continuing on her merry way without a care in the world.

“Now, not that I like these sorts of things any where near me, but this is just ridiculous. They’re disgusting, not dangerous, Citizens!” The former Mistress of Health guffawed to an unsuspecting bar-goer in the tavern, whilst sipping unsanitarily from an abandoned drink left by a tipsy Elf who had stumbled home a short time prior.

Matthias Rutledge coughs on his cup of Aunt Klaudia’s Feel Better Hot Cocoa when he recalls how the elf lady in Fenn stitched up his wounds...

Without gloves.

”R-rats carry d-disease...?” Sulreall frowned, a scalpel in his right hand an inch deep into the skull of a dead rat ”N-nonsense...” 

Maelor Seregon stopped in his tracks as he noticed the missive pinned to a tree. A faint smile crossed his lips as he read over it,  “It seems my lari’maronn has been hard at work as usual. Though, her stress is apparent through this letter...” He paused, “Perhaps Dele should take a break, before she drives herself into the ground.”