A Pit Stop in mining

Ttsim

Hi ho there friends! It’s me again! IronPen, back with another little gift from me to you.

After Mining for quite awhile for materials to help with refilling the CT Farms, a thought occurred to me: I could sure use a break.

So; because of that, I decided to add a completely unnecessary addition to the CT Mines, my little Pit Stop, where you can relax after mining for hours and getting carpal tunnel.

It has all the amenities a lonely miner could ever hope for, such as:

- Beds!

- A small supply of fresh torches!

- A large box full of stone picks if you’re running low!

- A small supply of foodies when you get low!

- A fireplace! For you to sit AFK by or throw your stuff into!

- A small set of stairs made to look like a bench, that you can sit on before you go AFK!

- 8 Furnaces to heat up all the ores you’ve collected! (With some Charcoal already in the furnace!)

Firstly: NO, This is not an RP thingy in the mining dimension (because that is illegal), I just made a place for people to go AFK in or recharge their batteries before diving back into the caves once more.

Secondly: YES, I know this is completely unnecessary, but hey, I figured why not? If it’s something nice I can do then I’ll be sure to do it.

I know that everything in the mining dimension is destructible, but if it at least makes one person happy, then It’s served its purpose and can be destroyed or greifed. But who knows? Maybe it might last just a little bit longer than expected.

So: If you’re tired of mining or want to stock up, come down to the Pit Stop and relax, hurry, before it’s likely destroyed and broken up for parts!

LOCATION: Just head straight down the stairs in the CT Mining entrance and you should see it.

Enjoy!

P.S If you feel like it, leave a sign up above the beds right next to mine saying you’ve visited the inn! Maybe even give a review of it! ?

(Again: NOT MEANT FOR RP. Just for an aesthetic pleasure)

UPDATE: Added in a cobblestone path lighted up by torches to make it easier to find, and make the mines less... dangerous. Watch your step! ;D

Edited by AlaSol
Added some deets :3

You might have some issues keeping the furnaces stocked with coal. I’d recommend using charcoal instead since people would be less inclined to steal it and it's easier to mass-produce.

53 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

You might have some issues keeping the furnaces stocked with coal. I’d recommend using charcoal instead since people would be less inclined to steal it and it's easier to mass-produce.

Pretty confident you can make torches with charcoal!

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I forgot to mention that YES! I am using charcoal as I find it incredibly hard to get my hands on coal. My bad, I’ll add in that little detail ?

30 minutes ago, Ave_victoriam said:

Pretty confident you can make torches with charcoal!

Charcoal cannot be crafted into blocks and thus have less value.

13 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Charcoal cannot be crafted into blocks and thus have less value.

honestly i think that this statement is wrong, storage is by no means an issue on minecraft, and all the actual uses of coal also apply to charcoal on LotC, the value should be the same

2 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

honestly i think that this statement is wrong, storage is by no means an issue on minecraft, and all the actual uses of coal also apply to charcoal on LotC, the value should be the same

In Vanilla if storage isn’t a problem then charcoal is basically the same as coal, yes. However, usually people don’t want to fill multiple chests with charcoal, and in LOTC charcoal cannot be used to replace coal in the Black Cactus recipe. Thus, charcoal is worth slightly less.

At the very least, it’s still easier to make charcoal and thus @AlaSol would probably want to stock the furnaces with charcoal regardless of the value difference between coal and charcoal.