[✗] [Magic Lore] – Celestialism

ZythusRequiem

1 minute ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I was referring to any magical group being included/excluded. Though bringing up dark magic some of them or at least in the rewrites being pushed out don’t have a chaotic nature to the individual casting. Which is why I presented a few ideas to Zyth on ways on lore accurate ways on how to make it so the magic excludes certain groups besides ‘Dark magic is bad’ but he didn’t put through. Which is the reason of my comment. I’ll PM you the suggestion.

You can’t logically opt to play a dark mage and then cry that you’re not included in good-based things.

1 minute ago, Fury_Fire said:

You can’t logically opt to play a dark mage and then cry that you’re not included in good-based things.

Read my reply. I am trying to work with accurate ways on how to properly exclude magics on gaining access to the magic besides the one given that ‘dark magic is bad’.

Read my reply. I am trying to work with accurate ways on how to properly exclude magics on gaining access to the magic besides the one given that ‘dark magic is bad’.

Why is there a need to get that far into detail? Why overexplain something that’s simple? The magic is for those of good nature who follow order, and give their focus entirely to the void. Dark mages don’t fall into this category. The general argument that “Spooks need to be treated like everybody else” is generally dumb and your replies seem to fall under that twisted line of thinking, unless I pull out a monocle and become an english teacher picking apart your replies.

Your replies are geared towards allowing the lines of other magics to be the judge on if they can learn celestialism as well. Would you argue that shades get to decide if their magic is compatible with paladin magic? The magic requires a heavy focus on itself, on both the mind and soul. You’re nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, let them do their thing. Any magic can claim what they are and are not compatible with. They’ve given a reason, just accept it instead of demanding more than is necessary.

8 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

Your replies are geared towards allowing the lines of other magics to be the judge on if they can learn celestialism as well. Would you argue that shades get to decide if their magic is compatible with paladin magic? 

My replies are geared towards lore reasons on why the magic is excluded from other practitioners, I understand why this feat requires excluding certain magics. I am speaking to BNK about it now which i’ll give the responses towards Zyth to see his thoughts behind whatever has been discussed. It is a minor thing as you stated yet it should still have a reason besides ‘X group is bad’.

My replies are geared towards lore reasons on why the magic is excluded from other practitioners, I understand why this feat requires excluding certain magics. I am speaking to BNK about it now which i’ll give the responses towards Zyth to see his thoughts behind whatever has been discussed. It is a minor thing as you stated yet it should still have a reason besides ‘X group is bad’.

There was a reason that you just elected to ignore, found in my most recent reply as well as a few of Zyth’s. I hand you my monocle sir, to search for the reasons why.

30 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

There was a reason that you just elected to ignore, found in my most recent reply as well as a few of Zyth’s. I hand you my monocle sir, to search for the reasons why.

Outdated lore stated blood mages were allowed to learn. Blood mages can also use the horror blood within a celestial for rituals. 

Outdated lore also stated that a shade could not learn Celestialism after they were made a shade but a Celestialism user could keep their magic if they were made a shade. However Shades nixed that in their rewrite that came after, stating a general “incompatibility” despite me attempting to give roleplay variations. 

At the time they wanted access and I came up with some ideas on how dark magic interacted with said magic. In the end it was too complicated and went unused. 

3 hours ago, Fury_Fire said:

I am literally ******* triggered right now, please please let me become a paladin, i don’t care if i have shadde magic i can be GOOD TOO im a GOOD GUY let me practice XAN STUFF

2 hours ago, Fury_Fire said:

Would you argue that shades get to decide if their magic is compatible with paladin magic?

okay i made my joke before i read this comment, I’m laughing now

The issue here is that "dark magic bad" is not really a great excuse. Void magic isn't good or evil it's very neutral for most. Can go either way. 

Furthermore not all dark mages are evil. I have a character who is leaning more towards "good" and just learned the magic more or less cause it seemed neat at the time. 

Imo roll with forcing Void only, it’s aesthetic af

Don't be a baby ttwesten. It doesn't need a reason you find "acceptable", let it run, let it thrive. I don't think I can support this taking up no magic slots given the loaded nature of a celestial (I'm looking at abilities), I also feel that it makes sense to take that additional slot due to further ""attuning"" to the void. 

A word of advice, redlines for abilities under the abilities. It's very helpful to read and doesn't involve the reader having to cycle from the ability to the end of the piece to match the corresponding redlines.

Best regards! 

Edited by SourDough

If you play a good aligned dark mage I’ll PK you. 

Other than that, good job Zythus! +1

Could you plz make all of my college assignments? Your formatting will make my teachers want to worship me

7 hours ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

I am literally ******* triggered right now, please please let me become a paladin, i don’t care if i have shadde magic i can be GOOD TOO im a GOOD GUY let me practice XAN STUFF

okay i made my joke before i read this comment, I’m laughing now

I cant tell who you’re mocking but good work I chuckled

On 10/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, ZythusRequiem said:

Celestialism being a magic from the void, upon dawning any other magical connection which you draw from another source will temporarily prevent you practicing the magic until that connection is removed. This restricts anything other than voidal mages from practicing celestialism.

I've changed my -1 to a +1. An explanation was given which has a lore reason on why it prevents other magics from learning. 

Thank you for submitting your Lore Games draft! You will receive input on what needs to be fixed within the next 2 weeks.