Community Team Update Log - October 2019

Ivoreyy

H5StJHv2nezgzKYkpow1CdvhdQ4hZrfAdTS_tV0VRsUOro0pTZfps3R-0b6g9ZGvzntnZ_yeIcxYah9D6QgIUVSCkV5njPJ9ElXqdzyf_BljqT-R22nNhT-_wnhxGEunPTHA9Shi

COMMUNITY TEAM UPDATE LOG

OCTOBER 2019

ZMDORCxHbrsFwkJ3kTWg9j8Hbwx7datqqNeCeQoGk2rvR85b2Dw8Adtfz8Y_pgAzLFdjNqTSkwQSZ5Y3YxOUglLJjlm6kYL2pPqtx2cqja-N4tBTsO9SJa3s3ZSWzXX4I42LSCgs

INTRODUCTION

Hello again!

These update logs seem to come a lot quicker every month. October has been full of different things for the CT, and overall, we’ve had a great month. From different work with focus groups, to applications, to inner reworks- we’ve been busy!

Last month, I briefly touched on the CT’s direction for October. We made a lot of progress on these four projects, and I expect that it’ll only continue to grow and develop with time. Each group has undergone a lot of restructuring, as well as making huge advances in their respective fields. The focus groups will be elaborated on below!

ZMDORCxHbrsFwkJ3kTWg9j8Hbwx7datqqNeCeQoGk2rvR85b2Dw8Adtfz8Y_pgAzLFdjNqTSkwQSZ5Y3YxOUglLJjlm6kYL2pPqtx2cqja-N4tBTsO9SJa3s3ZSWzXX4I42LSCgs

OCTOBER DATAZMDORCxHbrsFwkJ3kTWg9j8Hbwx7datqqNeCeQoGk2rvR85b2Dw8Adtfz8Y_pgAzLFdjNqTSkwQSZ5Y3YxOUglLJjlm6kYL2pPqtx2cqja-N4tBTsO9SJa3s3ZSWzXX4I42LSCgs

Overview

This month, we saw a total of 206 apps handled, with 146 new players welcomed onto LOTC. 

This is a slight decrease from last month- 70 less total applications, and 40 less accepted players. Ultimately, this can be chalked up to the timing with regards to school/uni, and should be expected to pick up going into the later parts of the year, as well as going into 2020.

Our accepted/denied ratio stands at a really, really good number right now- with almost every ¾ applications being accepted, and over ¼ of them on the first attempt. Across the last few months, the amount of INSTANTLY ACCEPTED applications has continued to grow- which is great to see! I believe that this comes down to an increased amount of resources for new players. Not long ago we made the application process harder, but even still acceptance rates rise each month.

Accepted/Denied Ratios

Spoiler

lVMieKGRFEBhciNNPe6H0hIqYSXCfsCUzY03yFlqkrC9_4-29EnZQZbCHqTz6jbBC-qNYNZIrIMOyVnxv6uBmdDqZh1ARaHevmaRsyrLMxp52557QiKoQl6DOmXyUQGMjmndmxGH

Race Specific Data

Spoiler

uOh8t4mK1CZqJ86T3gpFK_54elgxS9NxB6eG5YmQOZVmpgqA1WfPnVSGiCa5CahSzprTPJV4r9_IEL0Z54OkCv_hNECtY6cGBCU3zQNV-TazwjwhRZ015jLLl2yjqCauICAvsTijIel46ikUft5Aar7SdpVO5yf9A1vpH1DzU8fsDfkyeJzvS9QWP5qPxUCJwsYYYBlmgk49FmUME6LbenLtXmiqpPkmfyH0YaVAkoNuEp0oe3AJc-m9tZQpu0sKInoHIzCmqkiyxbS2t8jv6I1jTH0B5yVe1oLkrgos0EfCmURn3ud9ApVBVm9-iglV1PJHExnfrWPBXPhCDxsYNi5y9XmSXYfvTD5DRLixoe3tXNGvR_nhRKuOCXXHwC9jsYf5byqKPoA9K9iX3Tc6fTqVyhCyYfstoCXpT7ClP7W6C_oAWOwI1FITxjz8qK73vIbV2d7zvbGTv3S_fFnoeMjAIuJgeFnPvHI6J_H5SF0K_d7L3Nzg6JjBdWsRntqzCZds34XjPNk49ZCgMvOTQG09LHmmzXDV

Another aspect in which we’ve started collecting data on is the locations in which New Players are commonly being guided to, through our guidance and monk system. I’d personally like to encourage any Nation Leaders and/or Stewards to reach out to the CT, in order to help set up a more productive monk system within their nations, as well as improving communication!

Spoiler

fkc3C1OAuOLJ92iFWCsHcweks_Rl29CInpwoRo7AP2LLenMHNMFutfNXWFssRYOWSBny_r2skLlLGQC8dfC9bPQ5xXm2SsyhROSy4vBtTA1qq5Eol2GO0NuBhqSXhy7mOwSHg_JG

TEAM DATA

Application Team Data

Spoiler

FjXv7Erf4PKe5w74RR8VUQ6RBRxWmQBFwMN-aHLKpH38ZFXhsXisnh20ewmKi7pHenLVkfR-xLx0zqQtN_k8up3nGpJ7ygGmezXJ0Q_JbHxRjStornlq9wBD6Fbi5Ix7qn2Xl9ef

Other Team Data

Spoiler

wAz1PVp9K6WMhFNkFDXIx5JDPUGT4Z1mtvYPHytRYBSNIg3pbC8fmmpm82LFlYP79mmwmMOgG4DS8cA7E-HCwe-JUw4yItRmtuMSJDSnhwZKC-O1AMK6vFajiu9bgOgtgJdS34GT

o9MzQ1Qb6EJLtIEvZKcFpaKXoHJER5lxUBuDu1GY7_mTiRQ1H6V9lZdMDuIbr-0n4ax4rHBnboM6uuDdycIKMoPu6UyRjLQ_GVK1JfCilfLznstZydYARoqoEpDKwyyzsXVwueh_

Quota King/Queen

This month’s Application Queen goes to one of our newer members- Language! This is their second month running, which is impressive. 

Throughout October, Language personally handled over 50  applications, earning them Quota Queen.

6clneSTqKMtyfEIkEuV-phECVmQ-R5Auq8P6fqQ43IJUqFrVm5d_-I3EJSEm4XCTjob7FVmHhYYueXY6UxH41pPYVSAOWpX64m6DyOfznU-h6Z6hqqZLz96OH9RnPBU2ZLnHjkh5

@Language

Followed behind by Katarama and LadyCarolina, yet again!

MEMBER ALTERATIONS

+ Aurea was accepted into the Community Team

+ Z3m0s was accepted into the Community Team

+ KaleyKitty was accepted into the Community Team

+ Mememallower was accepted into the Community Team

- Z3m0s stepped down from the Community Team

- Tahmas stepped down from the Community Team

PROJECT UPDATES 

WIKI - Ivory

Hello again! So, I know that the wiki was a hotly contested topic this month. The playerbase had a lot of issues- many of which were addressed in this thread.

I briefly touched on a lot of different ideas within my response, relating to aspects of the concerns brought up. Be sure to give that one a read- Tarren’s too!

Let me give a run down of what the Wiki Focus Group has been up to this month. Our system is being outlined by a ‘weekly goal’, in which each member is assigned a page, or multiple, to work on. Some of the pages we’ve completed/are working on include:

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Guilds_and_Organizations

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Mechanical_Guides

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=New_Player_Guide

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Settlement_Guides

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Factions_and_Alliances

We are also going to be slowly making a new front page, which will be a lot of this month’s goal.

If you’d like a wiki account- please reach out to me. The community are welcome to help out with maintaining and/or updating the wiki.

COMMUNITY EVENTS - LotsOfMuffins

The community events focus group has been hard at work this past month ideating, planning, and running events for the player base. 

At the beginning of the month, we released a feedback form collecting event ideas and feedback as well as asking how many events you guys would like to see per month. Most people voted on two, so for October, we headed 2 different events: the Great Arcas Scavenger Hunt in the middle of the month and Escape the Temple as Halloween approached! During our first event, we received feedback that not a lot of people could participate because it didn't last long enough, so we expanded the escape room event to last four days in order for as many players as possible to participate. Please keep the feedback rolling, as we want to make these events the best experience possible for you guys. Our group meets typically 2-3 times per month, with our first meeting being the third for this month, and I'm super excited for the upcoming events we have planned, and I hope you are, too! If you have any feedback regarding events, please reach out to me at LotsOfMuffins#0119 on Discord!

TUTORIALS- MamaBearJade

Tutorial Island is underway and in the early stages of construction. Be on the lookout for our Tutorial video that we hope to have out before Thanksgiving. As for guides, we are on hold until we can discuss this further with the playerbase the will affect.

MEDIA - Tahmas/LotsOfMuffins

The media focus group is currently being set up. This group will encompass our social media, including (but not limited to) Twitter and Reddit! In addition, this will include the creation of various content for the team, though it is largely under construction. If you have any suggestions or ideas concerning media, please reach out to one of the leaders of this focus group!

OCTOBER’S DIRECTION

Alright.

So, looking into October, the CT are going to be having a lot of both external and internal changes. We’re taking another look at our policies and responsibilities, and reworking these to fit an improved overall team vision. Tarren is taking a short break, and whilst she does, Telanir will be helping to direct the Community Team.

It’s fair to say that there have been some issues with the team recently, some in which I’d like to address.

Moving forth, the primary role of the CT will be to solicit, compile, summarize, and deliver important information. This means essentially, acting as journalists on behalf of the staff for the community. We will be personally reading through feedback posts, interviewing players, and acting as a means of communication between players-staff. CT will be able to bring forward the playerbase’s concerns to the relevant people able to help.

Secondary to that will be applications, guidance, focus groups and appeals. We will NOT be using the ‘player intervention’ system anymore, as it proved to cause more harm than good. 

Some areas that will be worked on especially this month:

1. Playerbase Engagement / Feedback

2. Nation and/or Steward Communication

3. Open Attitudes, Losing the ‘Backseat Moderation’.

It is easy to identify that the team has encountered some problems along the way, so this month will be full of looking into new policies and restructures to create a better CT.

Appeals

Appeals have been something we’ve been fleshing out for some time now, and throughout November we will see these come into play. Keep an eye out for an updated appeal system which adds additional eyes and hands to the process to help keep it fair for players and prevent the abuse of staff power. More information on this soon.

Commission Central Overhaul

The New Player Discord has recently had a massive overhaul to Commission Central. In this overhaul, skin requests by new players (classified by having applied less than three months ago) are paid for completely by the Community Team! In addition, Story Team members can now request skins to be made for their events which are also paid for by the Community Team. Payments are getting rolling, so be sure to pick up the Skinner role from #role-request, take skin requests, and donate skins to the skin archive (handled by the amazing @SoulReapingWolf). 

Lots to do, new policies to write, meetings to be had. Expect lots of changes throughout November.

Until next time!

Unfortunate to see Aquaquean can't be quota queen anymore but good job to the hardworking guys and gals. 

Norland should be Morsgrad, also have a CT hop in to talk with us, we’ve been attracting a lot of new players and retaining more than 80% of the ones not tp’d away.

Just now, SaltAlt said:

Norland should be Morsgrad, also have a CT hop in to talk with us, we’ve been attracting a lot of new players and retaining more than 80% of the ones not tp’d away.

yo if u wanna talk to a ct person, im around, msg me on discord @LotsOfMuffins#0119

This is really good to see!! Good job ct! ??

3 hours ago, Ivoryyy_ said:

Tarren is taking a short break, and whilst she does, Telanir will be helping to direct the Community Team.

LOL