Sign in to follow this  
Telanir

Political Discussion On LotC

Hello everyone,

Our server hosts an experience unlike any other. We come to forge an interesting story, to make friends, and to put the bickerings and distresses of the outside world on pause. We also come here to play Minecraft and to roleplay.

As of today, please keep general political, controversial, and inflammatory discussions away from LotC mediums, this includes things like #ooc, our Discord Server, our forums, and such. Please also refrain from mature themes as our server is home to many young children during an especially impressionable age.

Just so we are clear, we are instructing moderators to warn once/twice and then to remove the player if the warning is ignored. In case it needs to be said, we don’t care about political discussions in private community Discords. We will trial this for 1-2 months at which point we will review if we have brought about a positive effect.

P.S. Please also keep in check references such as naming your characters after real-life or any characters from other fictions.

Whoever’s deepfaking Telanir is doing a really good job. 

Sounds like a rep farm to me

I feel like political debates should be allowed as long as both parties aren’t being generally toxic towards one another or aren’t disrupting roleplay because of it. But I totally understand not spamming staff discord, LOTC discord, or a crowded area in the game with stuff about the US Election or something. 

The discussions themselves aren’t the issue, its just when people are disrespectful about it and use that to go out of their way to bother other people it becomes a problem (which is probably the simplest way I can put it). Its just a matter of mods making sure these conversations don't turn aggressive.

Ppl shouldn’t be disallowed from having these discussions because somebody is getting offended anyways, which is probably why im assuming this thread was made in the first place.

Reserved, I got some issues with the last part of this message, but I see some goods and bads already

(Insert inane political comment to stir the masses and get rep)

Lmao everyone’s like “Politics isn’t the issue, it’s the toxicity” but every conversation ever about politics eventually results in toxicity lmao. Why even discuss it on a medievel minecraft server. . . Just go elsewhere if you wanna discuss politics or do it on a private discord, I don’t see this being a problem at all.

what if we say something meaningful to discussion and people get mad, though that was not the intent.

COMING SOON:

No discussion on ANY topics on ANY LoTC Forum.

We’ve had enough of you people and your damn discussions.

-Staff

3 hours ago, Telanir said:

Please also keep in check references such as naming your characters after real-life or any characters from other fictions.

Can this get clarified a bit cause my guy if you haven't noticed people name themselves based on popular culture or actual existing names all the time. Do you mean please don't outright rip off characters, or what? Is this code? @Telanir