-=- The Firearms Debate -=-

HadvarAvMitteland

2 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

oh ok its for ur discord, kinda redundant if its posted to the forums, idk what else u expected to happen 

He wanted rep

10 hours ago, Knightei said:

Hi Swifty,

Firstly, I believe this could of been posted in the original debate format, but nevertheless its not my place to moderate this. Therefore we should move onto your post.

I do not believe the swing of 16 people in your screen shot (14 swing now as I write this) is a ‘mass majority’. This is barely scraping a simple majority. While this shows that yes, almost half the server don’t want firearms, almost half the server does. Which means we must actually weigh up the arguements.

As mentioned in the main post, we aren’t asking for guns to be added as they would be seen in real life. Instead we wish for guns that are similar in power to crossbows. Also, banditry on the roads typically involves a group of people who are confident in winning the exchange. Therefore I don’t believe the use of firearms will change the balance of power on highwaymen to regular joes. Banning the use of pre-loaded guns makes that point moot. (I’ve only ever been held at swordpoint). Next cities have an inherent advantage by having walls, gates, large militias. Using guns will not change this.

Same issues arise regardless of the tools used in the fights. Mass CRP is a pain unless everyone knows what they are doing, guns will not change this or impact it regardless. And yes, the multi-emote like crossbows is how the players wanting guns want them implemented. Again, no pre-loading so say hello to multi-emote readiness.

Again, dodging crossbow bolts or arrows is ridiculous anyway, so again guns do not change the status quo. Olog charging is ALOT different to a projectile weapon, so I honestly can’t see the comparison. Therefore I’m sorry but I can’t see where this has any affect upon the status quo we already have in regards to projectile weapons.

Next time, I think post on the main post, less work to move between threads.

This. This guy straight up smartest on LOTC. 

20 hours ago, HadvarAvMitteland said:

its been explained like 5 times

you make some good points Keaton, long time no see dude

good to see you too brother