My departure

Draeris

After many years on the counter: the time has come for me to depart from this community and move on with my life. I greatly appreciate my time on here and will leave with a lot of fond memories of people and experiences, that often transcended the medium of LotC and became memorable moments for me. No other game or online community to date has been so influential socially, and has made me feel as invested in its continued existence.

Many friends I met on here have taken their seat at the table in my real life, meeting me on vacations or finding out that we go to the same school(s), cities, or circle(s). These friendships and experiences are something invaluable that LotC has given me: and for that, I will always be thankful to this community.

While I had long felt the urge to finally close the LotC chapter: I always had too many friends, too many stakes and too much emotional investment in this server to leave. And why would I leave, as for most of the ride I really enjoyed my time here. My temporary ban and a horrid ongoing affair were the push I needed to finally check out.

I want to apologize to everyone that had to endure me at my worst. Moments where I was excessively crude, incapable, or emotional. Even though most of my bad encounters can be attributed to my defensiveness, nonchalance or sense of justice for my friends: it filled my track record with disgusting stains regardless. And I genuinely feel bad for all the burned bridges that were uncalled for because of it.

On the other hand, leaving this community that I feel genuine warmth towards does not feel voluntary to me. Continuing to have my ban reviewed, or to appeal when the time’s up, simply feels like a band aid on a grotesque stab wound. Since November I had to defend myself against false allegations from a player that made me seem utterly horrific and disgusting. Despite my innocence being proven with evidence, and a remarkable portion of players apologizing for their initial doubt in me, too much damage has been done for me to realistically enjoy LotC anymore. It has become a symbol of all the times that ‘friends’ started to openly question my morality, that my partner was contacted OOCly and that I had to fight and lobby to join even the smallest group on this server. Everywhere I went, my friends had to deal with ‘warnings’ and my superiors were sent ‘essays’ about me. While I wholeheartedly recognize that I was a toxic and troubled player in my own right, I know and my friends know that I never was the antagonist that I was made out to be. Our truth was heard and it mattered. I just do not feel the energy and will anymore to fight for every step forward on what should be a fun and relaxing medium.

It makes my departure very sour, as I always hoped to leave in remembrance of all the great things that came to be because of this Minecraft server. Fortunately, there is little I regret and a lot that I have learned from, and that comfort is something that nobody was able to take from me. Thank you all so much for the unique and sometimes bizarre experience here on LotC, and I hope that everyone on here can find their happy out there.

Lots of people will be sorry to see you go 😞 But I look forward to many CK2 games to make up for lost time.

keep in touch. mistakes fortify our futures and better us, should we allow them to do so. much love and admiration for coming out and doing this.!!

Lots of people always have a lot of petty shite to chat, bitter things to say. It was really a privilege having you around though in my own opinion and I wouldn’t have been able to hold the ship together for as long as I did during those long ass final exam days without your dedication. You’ll go far comrade outside this mineman microcosm and it’s really an incredibly wise decision to leave it behind. Sooner or later we all need to take the same look at our lives and make that call. Looking forward to many ck, hoi4, and eu4 games after this mate. From me and everyone back in the ol’ Commonwealth, bon voyage brother. And good luck.

Edited by methuselahs

There’s no excuse for what you’ve done and you were banned for a reason. That said. Good luck with life and becoming a better person.

Edited by Angry_Gecko