Sign in to follow this  
Henry : )

A Hearth of Hope

The svelte form of a lone mali’aheral could be seen slowly treading through the thick undergrowth of his once quaint village, now bustling with activity and noise as the descendants of Malin hastily prepared for the coming infernal tide. The elf would stop, the man’s ocean blue gaze trailing around the square of the town, a small frown etched upon his tired face as he saw his people prepare for a war which they never asked for. His eyes would fall upon Eir’thall, Kaaene, and the rest of Ilathdyn as they could be seen supplying weapons to passersby, their usual tone of prejudice and discrimation replaced with cold determination as they readied the village for the battles to come. Next would be Sirame such as Awaiti and Aedrie, scholars and priests of unparalleled wit and steadfast minds, diligently began whisking away the manuscripts and scrolls of Siramenor’s sprawling library, the destination? The citadel- Caras Sylvadrim, where great houses of yore such as Sylveari, Kaeronin, and Telemnar proudly uphold what it means to be an Almenodrim of Aegrothond. The men and women of these age old families could be seen littered along the ramparts of the stronghold, the deep grooves of the stone walls hosted a plethora of sprawling plant life upon the mountainous surface of the weary castle. Amongst the bodies one might see Feanor, the Sea Prince of Elvenesse, accompanied by Belestram Sylveari and a contingent of nervous council members. The party traveled throughout the palace, greeting worried guards, soothed children with gentle words, and oversaw the construction of great fortifications which dotted the citadel with bristeling weapon emplacements.

Yet they were not alone in their task, the druids of Siramenor could be seen at work along the coastline, calling upon nature to usher the great sprawl of vegetation into siege emplacements of unparalleled durability. Present amongst their number were druids such as the Nebula and Phoenix, the pair working tirelessly with their Arvellon kin to shape the shore into an unbreakable defensive. The waves lapped upon the mali’s heels as they poured every ounce of themselves into the formation of these much needed weapons. As the elves along the coastline focused, the Taliame’onn would be seen everywhere; some gathered local herbs, while others such as Skylar shouted profusely for someone to bring him the salves he requested many elven days ago. Tanyl’s pale eyes swept from one subject to the next as notes were delivered to him and questions were shouted his way.     

This had been the constant atmosphere of Elvenesse since the False Sultan Ma’ga’nus C’arne had stated his intentions of marching upon the peaceful lands of Malin’s people, yet they refused to kneel. “Tanyl!” Would be heard from behind the ‘aheral, a detachment of heavily armored Caerme’onn guard came to a halt as the man, now stated as Tanyl turned to look upon them. “Karin’ayla Mal’onn, do we continue on track?” A red haired Caerme’onn would ask, who Tanyl knew by the name of Artanis. “Ti, I spoke to Laetranis and the Tahorran earlier today, they stated Llan'saes fortress would be ready to sail tonight,” Tanyl replied, pausing to suck in a small breath before he began to continue, “Abelas, take a group of warriors to meet Avius and Oryl, I am ordering you to sail toward the paladin camp in Korvassa. Make sure they fare well, there are supplies outside of the citadel which I promised them.” Abelas nodded in response, the mali turned to depart as Tanyl returned his attention back to Artanis. A smile was shared between the pair before Artanis led his helmed warriors in the direction of the demon-consumed desert, Tanyl sighed; he did not know every warrior he met- they would die anonymous, unknown by even the man who claimed to lead them. The ‘aheral would shake the feeling off as he continued on his way, pausing to speak to Miven and Medli as he went, the pair chatting in hushed tones as they assisted in the distribution of armor to anyone who could don a suit of plate. “Some people are at the gate Tanyl, you might want to speak to them,” Medli would inform the man, a weak smile is all she received in response as Tanyl made his way to the gates. To the ‘aheral’s surprise, four new figures awaited him, each different in race and stature, all speaking to Olorin Telemnar under the soft shade of the woodland canopy. First amongst them were Jorvin Starbreaker, the ashen dwed’s booming voice was unmistakable to those who he had met before. Arranged around him were Isalie Gardner, Thain to the wee halflings of Brandybrook. Followed by King Halvar Edvarrson, the ever stoic young king of Norland, the man’s dark eyes shone with a kindness which his robust build did not equate. Finally amongst their number stood Nivndil Asimulum'ker, her verdant gaze regarding the rest of the party with intent interest, a small nod passing between the two druids present. As the normal exchange of pleasantries came to an end, Nivndil spoke up, a gentle green flare recognizable in her eyes as she spoke, “We heed Elvenesse’s call, your people will not fight alone on this day.”

Elvenesse’s Call

A stark white bird of prey would be seen flying from Siramenor, four letters being taken....

To Nivndil Asimulum'ker

Spoiler

Karin’ayla Sister Autumn, @Luciloo 

I come to you in Elvenesse’s greatest time of need lari’onn, my people have been given an ultimatum from the False Sultan in the sands. I know we speak rarely these days llir, current events keep me busy. I will keep this short, as I have always known the Mother Circle to be stalwart defenders of the balance and do not doubt that you and your kin will come to our aid. 

From,

Tanyl Erwenys

The Leviathan Druid

To Jorvin Starbreaker

Spoiler

Greetings Jorvin Starbreak, @DixieDemolisher

We have only met in passing I believe, yet I hope I may call upon the dwedmar of Urguan to answer Elvenesse’s call. I know well of the relationship between Aegrothond and Urguan, the camaraderie present between the Almenodrim and your people is as if it were by blood. Even if tensions have been high between our people, I hope that the dwed will come to our aid. As currently, even if I hate to say this, Elvenesse will fall if we stand alone. I hope to hear a reply from you soon llir, so we may set up a council to determine our best course of action.

Regards,
Tanyl Erwenys

Okar’ir of Elvenesse

To Halvar Edvarssson

Spoiler

Well met Halvar Edvarsson, @DAENGIE 

How goes it in the north King Edvarsson, I am sorry that I find little time to visit your lovely lands these days. As you know, Elvenesse has claimed the attention of the Anathema, their mindless hordes and endless slaves toil tirelessly to pump out foul engines of war. Day by day their strength grows, and I fear Elvenesse will not prevail if we are to face them alone. As a friend and ally of Norland this is a small request for aid, a simple meeting in the coming days to hash out our strategy going forward. I hope to hear from you soon llir, tell Edward and Chryssa I said hello.

From,

Tanyl Erwenys

Fish Elf

To Isalie Gardner

Spoiler

Hello Isalie Gardner, @Jade_Emen 

Do the halflings fare well llir? I hope you and your people received the supplies I had sent, armor and weapons for the coming conflict. I know a battlefield is not where your kin are most at home, so it means more than you know that they are willing to help us in dire times such as these. I hope that in the coming days we will be able to meet again and further discuss our plan of action, stay safe llir, I am but a hop and a shout if you need me.

From,

Tanyl Erwenys

A Friend of the Wee Folk

OOC note

Hey y’all, I wrote this during my AP Psych class because I was bored and wanted to. The little story at the top is obviously just a fun little flavor thing, I hope you liked it.. I can’t say it took too much effort though so if you don’t I get it. The four brief letters detailed in this post are directed to Urguan, Norland, BrandyBrook, and Talus Grove respectively. I hope to organize a meeting with you four, plus potentially more groups if they come to us wishing to help in the following days after this post.

Miven waved Tanyl farewell and  returned her sun-shining visage and characteristically cheeky grin back to her sister. The boisterous mali’ame donned an oversized cuirass, “Do I sport this well? I think I look good!” She’d resound, clearly with a jesting demeanor. 

A small, red-haired Druid silently studied in the Siramenor library, her dark green gaze flicking calmly across the shelves while she recalled prayers and considered the best tactics for use in the upcoming battle. She rose to her feet and stepped up toward the beach to make her way through the village. As she passed Miven, her ever-present light smile tugged into an amused one, her left hand decorated with a crest of an owl gently tapping the ‘ame’s shoulder. “Beautiful, Lari’onn,” she mused softly. Stepping into the Apothecary, she climbed downstairs and pushed her single braid, woven with violet iris flowers, behind her shoulder, ready to produce salves for those affected by the Inferi.