A private letter to the High Pontiff Owyn III

Drumoldth

Dear Holy Father,

by God's will, you have been elected High Pontiff of our Holy Mother Church. I congratulate you and thank you for the trust you have put in me. My assigned position shall prove a new challenge, but i ensure you that i shall not fail God nor your High Holiness. By the time you will have recieved this letter, i will have already set in motion meetings with Haenseni nobles, with the aim of enlightening myself with those that belong to the Diocese of Valwyck. I assure you that all actions shall be taken, in order to serve our blessed cause. I pray to God for my success.

Yours faithfully,

Bishop Otho of Valwyck.

Owyn III sat himself behind the mahony desk of his predecessor James II, as his Ishikawan servants rushed to bring him his Tiramisu & sparkling champagne. 

"Rightio signore" he muttered, holding the letter placed on his desk up as he reclined into his chair. As his beady blue eyes darted over the compact letter, a slight smile would appear. He leans forward, penning a letter back.

"To my most esteemed Episcopus of Valwyck, 

With great joy do I receive my first correspondence as Pontifex Maximus, and to see it carry such great news. You are a Bishop in a fine nation, overlooking fine people. I have full confidence that the Haeseni peers will receive you hospitably, and may GOD grant you the wisdom to represent our interests well. If this letter reaches you before you find yourself in such a meeting: tell them that the Holy Mother Church is looking for diocesan representatives, with the hope that they would advise yourself and your ecclesiastical colleagues as civilians and peers of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

GODANI JEST WIELKI 

PONTIFEX MAXIMUS

OWYN III"