A Word of War: A Message to Norland and Oren

Pakkleaf

A Word of War

8bfd15c62840c9ac3f1a5a77aa0cbd14.thumb.jpg.7ee5fda91de0586e4ebe68f051afde47.jpg

Posted among the streets of Providence and Norland would be papers of unknown origin, displayed for any and all to read.

You do not know me, and should fate be willing you never will. For the purpose of our current and future interactions, may you refer to me as Lady Loud.

As war wages on I see myself not only on the outside looking in, but having been on the inside looking out. And with such a position I am so uniquely granted, I come writing this to the masses in the hope intelligence and reason will prevail over pride and arrogance. I've seen this king, I've seen this Emperor. I know the lands of which they rule and the people they command. And after careful thought my only conclusion is this.

This war is unnecessary and the pinnacle of arrogance.

The struggle of war is that everyone believes themselves to be the good side. The reality however is that we are all the villains. We all believe to have a cause fair and just, and yet this war is based on nothing but disrespect and assumed propaganda. Norland, with their greed and blood-thirst. So eager to war, so across to peace. Oren, demonizing others as barbarians and putting blind faith in a corrupted church. So long as the issues of both persist, the goal of peace will never be achieved.

Oren for all its glory has a fatal flaw residing within their faith. Cannonism in its original texts and scriptures is rather peaceful in nature. Studying it I grew greatly confused why there was such distaste for it, until my attention came upon the church. Very quickly did I find the source of Orens problems. Their faith is good, and their god is not the one to be doubted, instead it is corrupt men who have taken their faith and abused it for gain. It matters not what anyone says, every person is capable of deception, even those of the title of holy men. But Oren puts such blind faith in these men they go unaware that at least half their religious laws are no more than the lies of men claiming to have heard God. The source of Norlands rage is not Oren, but these men who abuse Oren and their faith.

Norland, a sight to behold. While not the pinnacle of culture, they are unparalleled in loyalty and will. However will quickly turns into stubborn arrogance.
Even when peaceful opportunity was presented to them on a silver platter they sought only blood on their blades. While I would not lower myself to call them Barbarians as many Oren do, I would easily agree that Norlanders can be cruel and uncaring in the wake of seeking victory. More so when I know they would force their people to fight, the stories I've heard.

I conclude this letter with the following. Those who deserve to suffer in this war will continue to sit back and allow their citizens to suffer for them. It is up to the people to decide if they will continue this war, or to see for themselves the lives they are ruining for the greed and pride of their leaders. I have seen kindness and reason within both the King and the Emperor, and I continue to hold out hope that at some point, they will come to their senses.

Until next time, my lovelies
Lady Loud

OOC Note: Please don't Meta game. You know exactly what I mean.

Arthas II would mouth off at the posters to those around him who are also reading, "Whoever this Lady Loud is clearly doesn't know the full situation and has taken the Imperial propaganda which she already claims to acknowledge. Intelligence prevailing would be understanding that the Kingdom of Orenia's problem is not at all a religious one, it is purely the problem in the Imperial government and the way it conducts itself. Furthermore, intelligence prevailing would be able to understand the lies from the truth, which the Imperials admittedly have made it so difficult to do..."

"Are we greedy and bloodthirsty for wishing to solve the initial conflict before the war? Not at all, we offered many chances for the conflict to be resolved with a simple public apology and financial reparations to those harmed. We gave them time, yet no response. We were the ones who provided a peaceful opportunity.. and it were the Imperials who whacked it from our hands. The Imperials try so hard to claim that they offered us peace, but they did not even once come to us. When we seek to forcibly take these reparations with a war that we started as a last resort, they massacre our women and children whilst having the gall to call us the barbarians. We are not the ones who are cruel and uncaring on the path to victory, it is the Orenians who are cruel and uncaring. There is no doubt whoever wrote this is an Imperial citizen. One who should remove the wool from their eyes and look within their own nation. We have only attacked soldiers and military targets. Oren attacks the vulnerable and the innocent."

"While this war is not at all desirable, it is the only way to allow justice to prevail. This war is necessary. If Lady Loud wants to make a difference instead of spreading Imperial propaganda and gossip, they should petition their own people demanding that the Imperial government apologises for its role in the atrocities and give out the financial compensation to those harmed. If the Kingdom of Orenia has no problem with peace, they would have no problem with agreeing to the petition. After all, it's what we've wanted from the beginning."

Arthas, after ranting, would come back to office to sleep in his office chair. The lies of the Kingdom of Orenia in this war are truly tiring...

Edric rolls his eyes a number of times as he reads the notice.

"Yet another victim to Orenian propaganda."

He takes the time to dispose of any of the notices he comes across, ensuring that the cowardly attitudes displayed within the writing can not spread to the Norlandic populace.

"This war was started because of the actions of Oren, and it continues because of their actions. While I am no lover of the Kneeling Church, at least their priests have had, for the most part, the good sense to condemn the actions of the Kingdom they call 'Holy' - we praise them for that."

"When the price is paid for the blood of Elysium, this war will end. No sooner." He reminds his children.

Edited by Sham404

A lone ferryman of some sorts stalks both Edric and Arthas talk to themselves in their private chambers. Thinking that they have either gone mad, or caught some mental disorder as they were monologuing to themselves- coming to the conclusion that it may be both

52 minutes ago, Screecher said:

A lone ferryman of some sorts stalks both Edric and Arthas talk to themselves in their private chambers. Thinking that they have either gone mad, or caught some mental disorder as they were monologuing to themselves- coming to the conclusion that it may be both

Edric was in fact speaking to his children, who are ardent listeners to his words.