[✗] Can someone accept this creature to be lore friendly?

VeganNatureQueen

Name of creature:

Humbugabir

fd9f374372c46047be720ec65770701f.jpg

Is this creature tamable, if so how:

Yes, you must feed it 7-30 flowers (of any kind)

Can you use this in combat:

No. but you may attempt to use it to thieve items (you must roll a die with the player though)

Habitats - Check if apply:

Deep forests to the west

Summary of creature:

They live pretty solitary lives. they are very fast and are usually afraid of people. they drink pollen from flowers and sleep in hollowed out trees wood, usually as high as they can get from the floor. they are inquisitive and playful with there own kind

Strength/ weaknesses:

Strength: Is very quick and agile like a hummingbird

Weakness: Has bad vision in pure dark spaces (moon light helps a lot though)

(ooc) :please can someone allow this creature for the server. it would be a great help to my characters story :)

Hello, I am gonna inform you this most likely won't get accepted. For one. To make a creature accepted into lore you have to be way more descriptive. Not just a few sentences. Not just that but you need to put a lot more information about said creature. You also got to put this in your head "Is this LoTC appropriate?" There is a lot of guidelines and regulation that needs to be considered before making lore. You would also have to consider the lore that has been implemented. If I am being real with you. And I am saying this as a friend. This lore won't get accepted. It takes a lot more than thinking of it and making a lore post. You got to look at other lore and think realistically in a LoTC aspect. There is also a lot of other things that needs to be considered but I am not gonna make a whole novel trying to explain this isn't really gonna get accepted.

1 minute ago, Disklexia said:

Hello, I am gonna inform you this most likely won't get accepted. For one. To make a creature accepted into lore you have to be way more descriptive. Not just a few sentences. Not just that but you need to put a lot more information about said creature. You also got to put this in your head "Is this LoTC appropriate?" There is a lot of guidelines and regulation that needs to be considered before making lore. You would also have to consider the lore that has been implemented. If I am being real with you. And I am saying this as a friend. This lore won't get accepted. It takes a lot more than thinking of it and making a lore post. You got to look at other lore and think realistically in a LoTC aspect. There is also a lot of other things that needs to be considered but I am not gonna make a whole novel trying to explain this isn't really gonna get accepted.

Glad someone put some constructive and valuable feedback. Trolls will be trolls.

Maybe you should all stop clowning on a player who tries to make a genuine lore submission and is just not familiar with the formatting and process for doing such.

@VeganNatureQueen I recommend you take a look at previous lore submissions if you need some examples of how these things should be implemented. What also helps, is talking to the story team if you need more direct help. They have a discord for various lore questions, if you need a more direct way to get in contact with them.

https://discord.gg/vt8MaqN

link for that right here!

1 minute ago, Luminaire said:

Maybe you should all stop clowning on a player who tries to make a genuine lore submission and is just not familiar with the formatting and process for doing such.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Luminaire said:

@VeganNatureQueen I recommend you take a look at previous lore submissions if you need some examples of how these things should be implemented. What also helps, is talking to the story team if you need more direct help. They have a discord for various lore questions, if you need a more direct way to get in contact with them.

link for that right here!

1 hour ago, Disklexia said:

Thanks guys for the help. ill look into that stuff and re apply for the creature. Thanks :)

love the art for this creature and the concept, but i do agree that it would require some depth. ill give you some advice from one player to another regarding stuff like this so you dont completely burn yourself out writing stuff like other people have
1. ignore the trolls like the people here, but take actual criticism to heart
2. you should probably change the name of the creature since it does seem to be a bit memey, people will have to be saying it irp most likely if it gets accepted and that can be kind of immersion-breaking for some people
3. definitively follow lumi's advice on looking at past lore posts (mainly the implemented ones rather than the denied ones lol)
4. dont write any lore for the sake of it being accepted, more-so either to provide to a narrative, niche, or just because you think it's a fun idea 

if you wanna talk on it more let me know in story discord my discord is bldstlk#6616, glhf

3 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

hey, we're not trolling! she asked a question and we answered it!

Sleeping Squidward | Meme Generator

3 hours ago, Disklexia said:

this is why i love disky, thank you for helping our new player! Trolls will indeed be Trolls
I suggest you listen to disk here, perhaps you should spend more time on the server before you start with lore like this or find others who have interest in this lore you want accepted! they can help you make it more descriptive and give you a good chance at getting  it accepted :D
feel free pm me at anytime, i'm happy to help <3

14 minutes ago, Xx_BloodStalk_xX said:

love the art for this creature and the concept, but i do agree that it would require some depth. ill give you some advice from one player to another regarding stuff like this so you dont completely burn yourself out writing stuff like other people have
1. ignore the trolls like the people here, but take actual criticism to heart
2. you should probably change the name of the creature since it does seem to be a bit memey, people will have to be saying it irp most likely if it gets accepted and that can be kind of immersion-breaking for some people
3. definitively follow lumi's advice on looking at past lore posts (mainly the implemented ones rather than the denied ones lol)
4. dont write any lore for the sake of it being accepted, more-so either to provide to a narrative, niche, or just because you think it's a fun idea 

if you wanna talk on it more let me know in story discord my discord is bldstlk#6616, glhf

Sleeping Squidward | Meme Generator

Yeah. i was going to call mine when i got it Pamble. I just thought of the name on the spot lol. but thx :3

Hey, gave this a quick read and I do agree it needs a little bit more work. Like what Lumii said, I suggest you look at prior posts to see how things are normally written and done - as your first work seems lacking in detail overall. There's a variety of players on this server who're passionate writers and I'm sure you can talk to them about it. Here's the ST Discord should you wish to join it - and discuss it with players or ST.

I hope to see this better developed and worked upon, you've a good basis of an idea and all you need is to nurture and allow it to grow. Feel free to message me if you'd like to discuss in this any way - kneeil#1694.

It's rather disheartening to see a group of players treat a new player, particularly one that's written lore, as new writers are the life-blood of the server and the fact that you can write or develop lore in this combined narrative experience is something that's unique to LoTC in general, allowing people to submit and develop things for this server in this collaborative experience. Treat new writers with respect and patience, and who knows - maybe you've the hints of the next Zarsies in the making. You'll never know if all you do is stomp down on prospective writers.

3 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

hey, we're not trolling! she asked a question and we answered it!

e0801d9c74f4249b45938e2240d7d0b4.png

I suggest you treat new players with respect, if you - too - wanted the same when you were new. Who knows, maybe you'll find a good friend in time. After seeing your conduct here and on numerous occasions, I'm glad I declined your request and waited to see how you operated on the server.

Check out the Creature Index Submissions section of the forums (https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forms/40-creature-index-form/) and try following format there. Be as descriptive as possible, and take all the constructive feedback you got on this thread.

Look forward to taking your lorepiece in the future. If it takes the A+ advice given by many in this thread, which few do, it'll certainly be far ahead of the curve submissions-wise.

Best of luck, /sreq ingame or ask in the Lore Discord if you have any questions.