Challenge to duel: Klaus Barclay

[!] A missive was hammered to the notice boards of Haense for all to see!

Duel - Trevor Stephen Smith - Digital Art, People & Figures, Past &  Historical Figures - ArtPal

Credit to Trevor Stephen Smith

"To Klaus Barclay

With great displeasure I was witness and victim to your actions at the Royal Name Day today. While I acknowledge that the situation was potentially very dangerous and might have caused rash actions, yours went too far. Your reckless flailing endangered your fellow Haeseni, including myself, and was in blatant disregard of the orders given by the Crown Prince. When confronted with this, you spoke arrogantly, denouncing these orders as stupid as opposed to acknowledging your own bloodlust. It is clear as day to me that a lesson in humility would serve you well. While as a noble, it is your right to deny this duel, all know that it would denied only out of fear to face me, not any concerns of status.

Your options are clear; either apologize to myself and the Crown Prince, or face me in a duel.

Signed,

Peter "Flemius" Rubens"

"Klaus may be skilled, but Ich have seen Flemius fight many a time. Ich fear this will be ein quick duel." Henry Bishop muttered idly as he read the missive at his home.

Abraham stirs his hot chocolate, grumbling. "As I said, I can see why Ser Cedric kicked Klaus out of the Knight's Table.. It would have been easier to lead the bear out with raw meat, and spare the Royal Prince the trauma of death and the trauma of having his party interrupted.." The young man sighs.

Jan Otto Kortrevich, sitting within his office in Jerovitz recalls having to pull his daughter out of the room, to make sure she wouldn't get eaten by a bear.

"Hrm." He Hrm's.

Molia pouts as her carriage got stuck in a snow drift, preventing her from having attending the party! 

Klaus Barclay reads the missive with seething anger in his eyes "Challenged over protecting people?" he scoffed, taking a lengthy swig of some moonshine before getting to writing.