A Report on the Ecumenical Council; Addressed to the Council of Embers and Siblings

JoanOfArc

Haskir's optimistic grin faded to a frown as he read on-and-on, until finally he unleashed a sigh with its conclusion. "Unsurprising. The Cardinal St. Henry, Father Basil," He echoed the words of Helinathe's writings, "the one who tried to undermine and lied to me, the trickster who came to investigate some foreign assassination plot against our friends. I knew they were up to no-good, that lying priest." Reaching up with a splayed hand, the Kharajyr rubbed the temple of his forehead in minute frustration. 

"When do you think they will learn to quit listening to the twisted words of Aenguls and Daemons?" Queried the pantera. "Maybe never."

"GOD bless Sister Helinathe for her works." He praised with a brief smile.

ELU stared at the missive in silence, a scowl plastered over his countenance. He mulled over the 'LEGENDA SANCTORUM', talon-esque claws gently twisting over the words of his blessed self. "To fight the same Church that beatified me as GODANs champion."

"Blessed Aldric Del Riviere, Beatified in Quintus Aurea Bulla Providentia for his faithful service to God, martyrdom during the Diet of Karosgrad, and dedicated service to the Mother Church as a Holy Sir of the Supreme Order of Exalted Owyn which, in his devotion to his duty, eventually led to his sacrifice." The dragonkin repeated from the volume, exhausting a gout of smouldering ash. This contemporary scowl eventually skewed into a frown, serpentine-eyes staring into the scorching sunlight.

"A sacrifice that has been tarnished, it seems." 

91b58adcf818a291b1c4b16bb53e1609.jpg

~A depiction of the nephilim Balthazar pleading for gift once given, to be returned for moments of dire need.~

[!]

High favor was naught with his father, knew him one once corrupted as he. Yet, knowledge of the past was with the duo and a history through chains did bond them deeper as kin once more. The nephilim sought forth pilgrimage into lands of ash and cinder, not with hatred for the news in which his dear sister, fellow cannonist, and Warden presented within her missive upon doings of those garbed in silk cloth, but one more so emotions of glee and torment which danced in the mind of the redeemed. There were only two left. Two who knew of what he once was in pure, and held witness to the genocide once wrought forth through him as instrument upon the lands of mortality, wielding staff of tainted gold and summoning armies of the damned and forlorn. One was unnamed, and the other was his FATHER, Azdromoth. Thalon, a lord of the Old Dark and Undead of Iblees was no more, yet to his father he was but a rabid dog, chained back and malnourished in what he was shaped into. Perhaps it was purpose for scorched to withhold himself from pleasures of past. To grasp forth on tongues of dying men and place heel upon forehead so he could pull forth the tongues out like rope as they perished upon the rot from his hands. To slaughter any who stood in way of his goal, woman, man, or child, he cared for no pleasantry in dispatching them to skies above.

However, Balthazar was redeemed but still not tamed forth by his peers. Perhaps Elu, Helinathe, Ri'Haskir, and Zahkriikyzer knew he was struggling to connect with his new draconic beast within his mind, where remnants of his Daeva, Wight, and Undead selves resided within but schizophrenic whispers that came and went like autumn breeze, perhaps he was but a tool for them and his father to unleash upon the realm. As he entered his FATHER'S empty halls, the voice of the nephilim cut through air and a single hand raised forth to plead to his father of whom he once granted the weapon Iblees' Gift, one used to call forth souls to the Betrayer, now within the grasp of his Father to keep out of mortal hands. 

"Father... I need it back. Unleash me to protect our family. Unleash me like you did in times of yore. Unleash me to torture. Unleash me to slaughter. You were once my General, now my father. I will defend this HOUSE, this TEMPLE of the World from the clutches of the corrupt of soul and mind."

Perhaps there was answer, perhaps not. Yet, that was for the Church to soon discover, an old enemy and protector of their peoples was to be met on the fields of battle, immortally redeemed versus immortal souls. 

Edited by _Sug

Sir Candle the brave and heroic knight better than any others, bows his head in prayer thankful that some action will be taken against those evil dragon worshiping cultists.  He sure hated them a whole lot cuz they were mean in bed and terrible and killed people and that's bad and mean and terrible.

Blessed Pius of Sutica, FSSCT, laughs. He looks to Saint James II: "75% of the clergy have to be present for an ecumenical council? How did you manage to get that law past us?"