A Raevir's last thoughts, should be of home.

Gridlock

Sir Rorislav ‘The Raevir’

UccYtOZeHyAUZrbANiMI8jRRwUrW9cXhKrEXKagUwkKj_ZiuS587aPsAEJy2OKFtpCUwhkxnoo4Yy8TFUEAqQUypvQ_zUlWRfD8Ug6-GS4febAc_1ZqhajgqcVZxUVqGXB0Z6oqH=s0

~Rorislav’s cattle grazing the highlands of Ruska~

Spoiler

Many years, perhaps decades, had passed since Rorislav Othaman had been summoned south by his Cousin Erik. He had spent the better part of his lifetime living in a small community of strelts, deep in Ruskan back-country. This was his home where he mostly tended to the highland cattle grazing in the hills, spending weeks with no company other than his herding dogs and the cattle. During the harvesting season he would often leave his cattle to work the fields, his big and strong physique made him quite suitable for that.

When Rorislav reached his thirties, an Imperial Orenian messenger arrived in the village and brought word for the large blackheaded outdoorsman. A distant cousin who he had not seen since he was but a boy, had called on him to report to the Orenian Capital to serve in the State Army under his direct command.

sense of duty and loyalty to his kin delivered him south. The city was larger than anything he had ever seen, a bright jewel on the shore or perhaps to Rorislav nothing more than a large eye-sore. 

During his years serving in the elite brigade that was enlisted to safeguard the palace and the Imperial family, Rorislav had many run-ins with fellow armymen and superiors. The citylife, or perhaps the Imperial life, was no fit for this Raevir cowherder. No matter how many years he stayed, he always felt like an outsider.

After serving nigh on two decades as Imperial Bodyguard, he was knighted by Emperor Philip II, after an order issued by Emperor John VIII on his deathbed. Rorislav was now dubbed Sir Rorislav ‘The Zealot’.

Honored as he was by the new title and recognition of his loyalty, it too emphasized how much of an outsider he truly was. Fate would have it that Rorislav was dumb as a post, illiterate and had not been inside a church for as long as he could remember. The fact that he was named ‘The Zealot’ displayed how little the Orenians knew of him and how little he fit in with this culture and collective of people.

Not two years after being knighted, Rorislav silently departed from the Bastion in the dead of night. His shining armor and weapons left behind at his bunk. He would have no need for it as his destination was home, his real home.

At last it had become clear: You can take the Raevir out of Ruska, but you can’t take the Ruska out of the Raevir.

Any man of the State Army coming across Rorislav’s equipment may find a note, obviously not penned by Rorislav’s own hand, for them to read:

There is no place for an hombre like I am, in this new world of asphalt and steel.

Spoiler

I think this may be a goodbye for good. I had a great time playing on this server for many years. I joined all the way back in 2014 and really grew up with this place. I'd never have thought how many great friendships one could have on a videogame, let alone minecraft.

But like the story of what is likely to be my last character on this server: Times have changed and I have changed.

I don't want to waste too many words, but I think a Thank you is in place for everyone who made my experience on this server one to never forget.

So Thank you.

Spoiler

Once a Crow, always a Crow - Take care of yourself, Grid!

Viathan returns from his voyage, peeking into his uncle's room with a wide grin. "Rorislav! Look at this hat --" And yet, he spoke to an emptied room. "Uncle?"

Spoiler

Love you dude, take care of yourself hm?

Spoiler

The man who taught me to be a screecher..... gonna miss you Grid I hope life turns out well for you my man.  You're one of the first friends I made on this server when I was just a lil Courlander goon and we've been through thick and thin together on this server, LOTC isn't gonna be the same.... PS: I'll protect Othaman for you uncle BRorislav