A Birth for Akovia

zuziee

AN ACCOUNT OF THE BIRTH OF

PRINZENAS ANNALISA JOSZEFA OF AKOVIA

ZKCtUDsh-x7WihlOhlw-yGEeJGEFQ3eSqSdeYG585LwhjBI3cObXUz9SkiE9FQn4b526v7RgtsTfxnetuZnZp_K09aYeCcU0WWXOyizRDMbhPu_NIogVm4yZu636ICVaum31_ECz

Prinzenas Nikoleta tending to her newborn daughter, Prinzenas Annalisa

PENNED MSITZA AG DARGUND OF 399 E.S.

[!] A missive is attached with an eyewitness account given by the chambermaids of the Nikirala Prikaz, made of cheaper parchment than of the Royal statement. 

With fiery screams come out as the maids scramble forth beside private chambers of the Ducal Akovians. The windows flew ajar as the winds of Karosgrad stirred and rumbled above, a startling omen of the child’s hapless demeanor.

The Prinzen and Prizenas glance toward each other with worriment, a visual cue of the Prizenas’ perspiring temples. Andrik reaches forward for the hand of his lover and wife, his late departure into the bedchamber not vexing the newfound mother nor showing distraught. 

One of the many midwives surrounding the overwrought Nikoleta had hurried to tie the curtains -- blocking the peeking sunlight.

"How unfortunate. . . What do vy reckon the child will be like?” A gossiping maid says to a servant of the kitchens, fetching water for the midwives. 

Hours passed of screaming and pain, but in the end a beautiful gift was born. With eyes of her father and the sparse red hues reminiscent of her grandmother, the Queen Mother. The Duchess-Dowager Caroline Ruthern and her relative, the current Duchess of Vidaus converse together, “Ea remember when ea bore not-so-little Angelika merely a few months ago. . .” The baby girl released a cry of life. Echoing throughout the room. A cheerful yet tired look upon the mother’s visage as she held her infant daughter close.

"She shall be named Annalisa Joszefa Tara Andreievna” The drained mother pondered to Andrik who solemnly nodded his head in compliance.

As the sun rose the next morning, missives of the birth were sent all over the kingdom to commemorate the health delivery.

TO THE CITIZENS OF HANSETI-RUSKA,

The royal couple of Prinzen Andrik Nikolas and Prinzenas Nikoleta Barbara are pleased to announce the birth of their first born, Prinzenas Annalisa Joszefa Bihar-Barbanov. @Alexi_ She was recorded to have been born at night on the 12th of Msitza ag Dargund delivered by the Duchess-Dowager of Vidaus and the Duchess of Vidaus and later baptized under Saint Tara. Good fortune has been given to the wedded couple, finally bringing new faces into the world.

SIGNED,

His Royal Highness, Andrik Nikolas Bihar-Barbanov, Prince of Hanseti and Ruska, Duke of Akovia

Her Royal Highness, Nikoleta Barbara Bihar-Barbanov, Princess-Consort of Hanseti and Ruska, Duchess-Consort of Akovia

Bump bump... bump bump... bump bump...

In his section of the residential palace, Andrik awaited impatiently. He'd been woken up in the midst of his slumber by his wife, Nikoleta @zuziee, who was due at any moment. Both his dreams and yet fears came true, as his wife screamed for the midwife. She was in intense labor, and a new Prince or Princess would be born.

Andrik paced back and forth as the Dowager-Duchess Caroline, the maids, and the midwives attended to his wife, who was screaming in pain. With every passing hour, minute, and second, Andrik's heart only continued to pound through the sound of his increasing breaths. It would be any minute now...

"But what if something is wrong with them? What if Godan has cursed Niki and I for our closely related marriage? What if the child is mad, deformed, or both? Or what if they share the fate of their cousin, who lived a mere seven minutes of life?"  These were not just the words of a Prince, waiting for his firstborn child to escape the loins of his wife. These were the questions of a father and the concerns of a husband. He knew of the curse that his wife had inherited from The Oracle himself. While losing a child in itself is terrible for a father, one can only imagine how it could feel for a mother, especially if they could see their infant child join the arms of Godan. The screaming only continued, and Andrik's breathing followed suit...

"... But what if they're not cursed? What if they grow up to be a great soldier, politician, diplomat, or statesmen? What if they one day grow so successful that they earn their own fief, just like his father-in-law Ser Franz Leopold Morovar-Barbanov, who earned his title of Ghaestenwald through the legislature? Or what if they grow up just normal and live a normal life and have a normal body with a normal mind? Maybe I should have faith instead of fears... Maybe I should love my child, no matter how they look, how they act, or how they end up. Maybe I should be what Heinrik wasn't..."

Bump... bump... bump... bump... bump... bump...

After hours of intense labor, there was not one, but two erupting from the Prince's chambers. "It's a girl! A beautiful baby Prinzenas!" @Alexi_yelled out Caroline. As Nikoleta tiredly held their firstborn, the Royal Duke had tears streaming down his face. God has blessed them with a beautiful daughter, and Princess. "She shall be named Annalisa Joszefa Tara Andreievna" Without a word, Andrik simply nodded. He would remember the name forever, despite it's complexity. He'd remember every thought in his head, every doubt, every hope, every fear, and every moment. He'd remember the sounds of the screams, the gossiping of the maids, and the look of his healthy newborn daughter in the arms of his beautiful wife. In that moment, Andrik only had one thought...

"I'll be what my papej, King Heinrik II, failed to be to me... I'll be a good father."