Letters from under the bed

Lomiei

[!]

Soon after news of Ser Erwin Bishop’s Death, all of his worldly possessions were gathered and taken account of. The former matriarch-mother of House Bishop, Adelina, glanced under the bed to discover a box that had been laid there just after the move to Excitor was complete. Within, was a large number of signed and sealed letters, ready to be dispatched as soon as the box was found. It was obvious when that time was supposed to be.

Ariovistan: @__DeusVult__

Spoiler

What can I say that has not already been said? I've trained you well, Ariovistan Devan Bishop, I only pray you accept the lessons and the chidings to take with you into the future. You are the hope of your fathers and forefathers. There will never be a day you wake up without my loving gaze down upon you my son. Be sage.

To you, I leave my oversight of the House of Bishop, as well as any land and economic asset that I held during the time of my life.

Helena: @Based1Salmon

Spoiler

My Rosebush; eldest and most humorous source of Joy. Your sharp wit will carry you to many places that I myself cannot yet imagine. It is an old man’s final wish to know that his daughter will stray from the presence of evil; such a beacon of great potential would shame any and all who seek to corrupt it, I love you.

To you, I leave the largest percentage of my personal wealth, to be used for whatever purpose you would wish.

Cassio: @TescoBrandEboy

Spoiler

The sweetest and most gentle of my boys. It is a wonder you have not made a name for yourself as of now. But you have the skill, and the knowledge, to achieve whatever you want in life; and I will be watching with pride of who you turn out to become, I love you. 

To you, I leave my entire collection of Carrion Black and my longest held box of cigars from my teen years. Enjoy them well, and sparingly.

Charelle: @spiciiRAMUNE

Spoiler

You are the most passionate of my offspring. The kindest and most lighthearted love of your father and mother. Take not my death to be a sadness upon your life. Rather be it a transition; where I was only sparingly in your presence, now I will be forever with you. The heart of my children keeps me in the realm of almaris in a way my body needst not to.

To you, I leave my blessing to go forth, and keep the happiness in you that you showed to your father for the opening sequence of your life. Do not let Ariovistan or your brothers boss you around. Marry for love, Start a business, or a mercenary company. Whatever would cause me to share in your exceeding joy in my ever-living state, do it, my daughter. I love you.

Samuel: @Kutya

Spoiler

The most valiant of my 4 future men. You have the heart of a warrior, boy. The attention of my military mind is rested upon you and your doings. I cannot stress enough the might that lies within you. Be a good man, Samuel, because you were chosen by God himself to fulfill a purpose for this world, and you have my full hope to achieve it. I love you, Samuel.
To you, I leave my most honored and valued weapon; Heraldine, the knightly glaive granted to me by His Majesty the King upon the day of my knighting. Put it to good and Godly use, as I have.

Elias: @satinkira

Spoiler

My most troublesome pride. The gray hairs of my middle-age are yours to take credit for, if you so wish. Nevertheless, real fatherhood is tested by the strongest contrarians, and I will be damned if I did not feel tested at times. You have the flaming passion and inquisitorial attitude of your own grandfather in the days of his yore. And of your father, a proud inheritance of my own passion for the art of diplomacy, the pride for your future I can already feel as I write this. I love you, my son.

To you, I leave my favorite collection of books, the complete folklore works of Feodor May, the man I had admired most throughout my life. His pieces had the highest impact on my childhood out of any author, and I hope they will form you into such a man of class and education as well. In addition, a request: to keep a close attention to your temper. I can think of no better piece of advice.

August & Franziska Bishop: @Keegan7om @Frank_Dog

Spoiler

You 2, are a weird bunch. But I do not have any doubt of your abilities. The both of you have amazing talents in your own rights, and I ask of you, to provide good council to Ariovistan as he comes of age and prospers as the Head of this family.

Vitalia: @AlissElyssia

Spoiler

MY sestra. You have the knack for knowledge like I have never before seen, I have only the hope that you are not hurt permanently by my death. But take it as an opportunity to use the resources weve shared together and produce great things for this world.

Andante: @WhereTheBeans

Spoiler

My funniest and most loyal cousin. I thank you for being there for this family through the times hard and the times easy. Know genuinely, and never forget, that I smile down upon you, verily, and will share in your happiness.

Dracomir Rorikov & Shadow: @pheonixremi

Spoiler

My closest companions. My death will likely come as unwelcome news. But remember that all of the times we have fought together side by side, have been some of the most memorable times of my life. Go forth, and see yourselves live full lives. Raise families as I have, make connections across the realms of man as I have. And never forget about the gregarious boy who spent his good graces with the both of you. I most certainly wont.

Koeng Sigismund III: @Xarkly

Spoiler

My most gracious, most merciful, and highest liege, I know not what to say that could be of consequence to you, but know in your heart that every fiber of my being enjoyed it’s service to you and your father. I could think of no more fortunate entity, to have served under your kingdom in the days that I did so. I remember the days of our shared youth, when we stood side by side in the barracks to face our dearly deceased Lord Marshal Ruthern. Those were simpler times. Before I get to rambling too much. I will end with this; your headhunter knight cherishes the fact that you have the opportunity to see his lifeless body, as opposed to the alternative. My love for this land, its populous, and its crown surpasses all. Krusay zwy kongzem.

The House of Ludovar: @Raijen Stars

Spoiler

To lord Johann Ludovar and his noble retinue, the cycle continues. First my father, then yours, then me again. I have treasured this long term cooperation between our families, and hope that it will bring with it hope, peace, and everlasting prosperity. I send my love from the 7-skies.

PS. Myself and Robert Ludovar can finally have that date. How humorous.

Ulrich Lothar von Alstriem: @LithiumSedai

Spoiler

My dearest, bestest, most awesome childhood friend. It is with a heavy heart that I would depart from you, but when you make your way up here, hopefully in quite a long while, there will be a high five waiting for you, whose clap of thunder will shake the foundations of the 7-skies and almaris like have never yet been experienced.
P.S. Ario will be a fine elector, I bid you teach him well.

Vitalia would read over the letter quickly, but then look at a little more closer, the girl reading each word multiple times, seeming happy at first she had one final present from her dear brother. But then the tears quickly came, flowing out the girls eyes like waterfalls while her nose began to run, Memories of screaming in fear after Erwin was dragged off. One of the child's friends taking the Vitalia to Orenian capital to see if Vitalia could get one last goodbye, then the crack of Erwins final seconds, and the Woman who had a hold of Vitalia whispering to her 'No child has to witness this,'.

Vitalia would then begin to sob uncontrollably, like the many times before but unlike those time it would be full of sadness, not regret or fear but pure unbridled sadness. her friend and the man who helped Vitalia find her love for the alchemical arts vanishing so suddenly, shaking the girl to emotions she never could begin to understand. And after a moment of trying to gain her composure; Vitalia would look over each word again and let out a small smile through the tears, knowing she had to dedicate herself into becoming the best she could for Erwin, to show him that she would really produce great things for the world.

"Ja, Ich vill produce some of zhe best zhings people have ever seen"

Samuel clutches the letter intended for him with shaking hands. Though he was present at Erwin's funeral, he had fled too soon. Now, eight years later, sitting at his childhood home with Heraldine across his lap, he finally has the space to mourn. Tears freely flow down his cheeks, and he holds the paper to his chest.

"Ich von't let you down."

Edited by Kutya