-= ILUIKURNLEH : TO RIGHT A WRONG =-

Iluikurnleh

- Irony; or, to right a wrong. -

[penned and issued 69 S.A.]

[!] An illustration of a young Sillumir begins the page.

0Ambn30bZB3cgXwdNMLNDOfObNbb4t5SJbAPxmOjhppe1Q3V7XypGiheuyzH_6TMhxVIssNh8Iukq8n2f6GfPCshwOBXM60XIpM4bni3VMb3azTmEKSys7g6vjqObfhW2MMUKDQm

[‘Saber’, by WLOP on ArtStation]

“How ironic it is, the developments unfolding I see;
the change all around beckoning a change within me.”

I have seen much in my time, though older Elves yet have seen more.

The success and collapse of diarchy, to begin; my apologies for my hand in the way this played out. Perhaps my willingness to learn may have proved an earlier point towards righteousness; but alas, having seen the rise and fall, the personal grudge, and the failures of a misled ‘democracy’, my mind was almost set - my faith in the Silver People waned without my knowing, and for that I am most regretful.

And yet, the Silver People educate me still - it is they who restored the faith that I always should have held in my kin. The Mali’thill youth, advocating polity ne as a means of encouraging splinters but purely for the sake of logic, for righteousness. Eager for progress, eager to contribute. These youth, so very eager in their step, ever learning, ever growing;  I feel I have missed this greatly.

So, I take myself back to my Atlasian days, sifting through shelves, devouring strings of sentences, working my way through the many pages of writing from Elves long passed. And just as they had in my youth, the works of Sullas jumped out at me again. I read, I take advice, I recognise my flaws.

As any with a rose-tinted vision of their past, I cannot say I do not ever linger on the days of old, the success we wrought through such a time. But it is only now that I recognise truly the importance of circumstance - one success under a system of autocracy during dire times does not mean that autocracy is righteous for the Mali’thill people nor likely to succeed. A weak democracy at one time does not mean democracy is eternally flawed, to be littered only with ‘ata infiltration. The greatest ages of ‘thill have thrived under the rule of the people, under a democratic system - the finest works produced during these times alone, with exception of that singular outlier which happens to be the time of my own youth.

Perhaps my kin of old, should they still live, may laugh at me - either for enlightening myself towards healthy democracy, or for taking so long to do so. I would welcome a kindly jest, a snide remark or two, within the Silver Tavern some day. 

But before that yet, the Silver People still hold work to do; and I shall ever stand ready to support them. 

Think of this as an old despot making up for lost time in recompense to his people.

.. and, to be fair, at least this despot of Haelun’or was a Haelun’orian with a strong track-record. If you are going to have an unelected leader, at least one could avoid them being taken advantage of by the wretched Mali’fenn, surely? Especially one who not only allows these Fennic ‘ata into the Silver Cihi, but in fact encourages them to shed the blood of their citizens - I do recall I never held any executions during my tumultuous year. Some subtlety, some class, some sense of decency-! 

Yet, I digress.

— 

It is avidly clear to me that our Silver Bastion, our People, our Blessed Youth - they cry out for democracy. And it shall not be I who denies them swift access to that once more.

To the Citizens of the Realm,

I am aware of the proud cultures you hold. The strength and honour of the Uruk, the Orc - the intelligence and craftsmanship of the Bortu, the Dwed - the determination and swiftness of the Valah, the Human - the unique history and traditions of our Mali cousins, the ‘ame and the ‘ker - the humble dedication of the Tali’Bortu, the Halfling.

We may disagree greatly on many matters, we may hold our differences, but surely it can be recognised that this faux-government holds no honour, no legitimacy; they do not govern the Silver People. To go behind the backs of the people you aim to rule, to claim power through foreign occupation and deception - I am sure all can see the nature of this plot. 

The Citizenry of Haelun’or shall follow a leader of their choosing - one cannot gain the hearts of the people through force unless they wish to physically carve them from the bodies of their kin.

Whether you wish the success or fall of the Silver People, I urge you to address at least your own moral reasoning and see this shameful move as what it is - beware this sort of treachery, my foreign lliran. Do not be fooled by promises of allegiance, for it is clear that to their Citizenry, this ‘Uthirship’ holds none.

To the Silver People,

My lliran, there is little I can say to you that you do not already know. mal’onn larionn’ehya ito kae, I trust in you to do what is right. Do not feel downtrodden, do not give up - we push forth, and we prevail, as Silver always does.

We must not divide ourselves. The Mali’thill must together strive for what is right - for the freedom of our people to choose who leads them. This is a mistake I have made previously, and I shall not allow it to happen again. We stand together as pure Mali’thill, both those more traditional and those more liberal, against this unwanted and illegal invasion of our home. All of you children of Silver who follow the legacy of our haelunan know that this leadership does not speak for us, for the Mali’thill of Haelun’or - and so, we must stand strong.]

I seek not the frenzied chaos that ended my tenure - no Silver Blood shed in the streets, no unfortunate councillors killed. The path of purity remains open to all; it is not the fault of the deceived for being tricked. Yet still, we cannot sit and allow our home to come to ruin - support your Silver Kin, ensure their safety, and do what you can to bring our Haelun’or home.

maehr’sae hiylun’ehya, ay’Larihei.

To one miss Ivarielle,

I do hope you recall our chat; upon the day we mourned the loss of two previous Sohaeran, in fact. You assured me so confidently that you had no involvement in their death, that you were just as sorrowful as the Citizenry - and yet, Miss Valwynn - or, I suppose, Maehr’tehral, - herself has professed to the lies of you both. 

Did you ever once mourn the blood of Silver Citizens you lost?

Were any of the words you spoke to me even partially tinged with truth? 

If I am to take you at face value, you remind me much of my younger self - ever so eager to pursue a personal sense of righteousness, to bring about a vision no matter the consequence nor means - after all, the ends justify the method, ti? Yet I can assure you from great experience, elf of my own time - a warning, despot to despot; these things do not work. The Mali’thill people will not have their will bound by force. 

But yet, as time draws on, I believe even those around you aside from the ‘fenn begin to realise your aims do not lie in bringing peace, in bringing prosperity, to the Silver State - they do not lie within the legacy of Larihei, in the maehr’sae hiylun’ehya.

I urge you, llir; reflect. There is time yet for you to return to the path of Silver, to not lose your way entirely - perhaps I plead this as I myself am guilty of the same clamour for ideals. It pains me to see one who was once a pure Child of Silver taken advantage of, puppeteered for the gains of Fennic ‘ata. I can tell you now that they care not of you, but only of the attack they might make on the Silver People by using you.

I invite you to walk this path of progress with me, llir; to reflect, to redeem, to return,

Or to be remembered as another fallen despot.

As you offered to me in the Silver Tavern in years past, I echo your statement:

The choice is yours.

Signed, yours truly,

A. Miravaris

YZN1xf4OdSIzNrOAdouDBvw_MLwfX7EPFXHFVcl7wEZpXusrLMmIy5FSalCnvGLiZtHIO8DtRusySsKnzpvpDm5woec8YBSIP67FR4QoaJwM8K8IfRTPoK3aI0qvt6soEDkij8z4

[!] A small note would be scrawled at the bottom.
 “I do seem to have lost my good Miravaris stamp. Do let me
know if anyone has seen it in the last.. what, century or so?”

"This one makes a valid a point, yet not all the silver people cry for democracy. For this- i cannot accept. For your efforts, i will give my respect." Ivarielle grumbled from the shadow of the citadel. "I will address all soon."

"A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one." Maenor hailed  this great piece of work within his home, written by an elf for whom he held little to no sympathies in the past, but who now became his ally. "Let this be a lesson for those that seek to destroy our Blessed City, that no matter how different the opinions held by individual Mali'thill, when faced with an enemy that seeks to destroy their very culture, they put every disagreement aside, and unite to protect that which they so love. maehr'sae hiylun'ehya!" 

From the seven skies, her ghost would forever haunt the gates of Haelunor, having witnessed so much of the burning, turmoil, vicious glances, and blood that seeped into the streets. Upon hearing such whispers, she would gently nudge the wind to flutter papers towards a tea box. It may go unnoticed for years. Maybe it would be noticed immediately if their habits of cleanliness stood. "May you bring peace to the realm."

The last Sohaer of the Silver State, barbarically murdered by Fennic warriors backing the bandit princess's claim to the Republic of Haelunor, was recalling in her final days the guidance of the okarir'tir Miravaris. The relentless dedication to the pursuit of progress and prosperity of the Larihei 's kin had inspired many of his students. 

For many years now, the blood of the 'thill is shed by the invaders, seeking to force the denizens of Haelun'or to abandon their culture, tradition, and kind. As they did during the pillage of Karinah'siol, the same individuals now roam the streets in search of their next victims. The Uthirates and the Princedoms are incompatible with the concept of Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya, with the Motherland of the High Elves. No sword can make a man ruler of mali'thill, and so, as the legacy of Izalith, the legacy of the Uthirs will be rejected by the children of Larihei.

In one of the offices of the Silver Citadel beneath the portrait of the former Sohaer Alaion Miravaris was an inscription: 

Larihei, kae'len cruan sulier, ay'kae vallumer'ehya

Elihnsil, Elberr, kina'ehya, laean kae wynne myumiereyae

ay'nae'leh sirame k' taliiyhe, ay'elcihil k' cruare

il'iylkarim, mirueln thill'ehya ito kae'leh.

elsillumir.thumb.png.ffb4b4f3da0f886ce1f3bc10de9ae7ac.png

Once again, openly in the streets filled with refuse, but also garbage, the beautiful elves of the citystates laugh in agreeances. Sharing points from the missive with the invaders and kinslayers that hover around, hopping wordlessly in the city. 

"Oh dear Lliran, know these words and know them well. The PEOPLE. The TRUE people, not murderous daemonworshippers could never be enslaved. Though, amongst your numbers it's quite clear you take to it as natural as a beelot to the flower. ALL CITIZENS seek to decide their own fate. Not have it decided for them by shadowy cabal."

"

Edited by SteppeNomad