A Call for Kingsmoot

Javert

UndvZZikYsvopkVafw9ohxQ4QtZbP4-DyT4qzwnUqTNuTC1iaHXCwTyUjA-Er7ejmobmHHfjvzibSj5U3Hkql3zVyRGIl1ftgYJEG0__QA66X2V5vT28h5FqJEkv_9c13o7RZIqt

A Call for Kingsmoot

Issued this 9th of the Amber Cold, 70 S.A.

Preamble:

For many years, Norland has gone without leadership that can stand under pressure of foreign forces. With the extended regency of King Vane, it is finally time for the Rurics residing within Norland to choose a new King once more. Norland requires a King with experience in matters of governance, and who will not crack under intense pressure but rather pioneer a new Golden Age for the Kingdom of Norland.

Therefore I, Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, descendant of Eirik the Great and Javier the Undefeated, utilize my sacred blood to initiate the right of Kingsmoot. I furthermore put myself forward as a Candidate for the Crown, as I believe I have the proper values which a Leader requires. I have fought alongside my fellow Ashguardsmen during the numerous wars that our King has sent us into. I have given blood for my Home land, just as any other aspiring leader should. Regardless, I invite those Rurics living within Norland to come forth and elect a new King of Norland.

Furthermore, I also invite the Vassals of Norland, those being Dunrath, Gransstad, Adunia, and others to attend the Kingsmoot so they may voice their own opinions. After all, if the voice of the Norlandic people is not heard or represented, then truly the Norlandic Crown has fallen from grace. Each of the Ruric Chieftains, along with the Vassal Lords, will be given coordinates to a discrete meeting location so we may perform this Kingsmoot without outside interference.

Signed,

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric, Ruler of Eiriksgrad, Former Marshal of Norland

1hRStwjMXJx297w4-71yKhLgbgekgn_s7EBhl0Y56x4BZbcqtanGqBG_nTf9KQ5wTrgnOzS0eQHZA1qaaYhwWhwtN6v9WhjsfHt7JaivTBheg5VvyCLfwq8ptpDZEsu8Mk5aE339

Casimira immediately got excited, and started preparing her special meeting dress. Naturally, of course, it was another exact replica of the same outfit she had been wearing for years.

Astrid Eiriksson Ruric raised a surprised eyebrow.

Whereas Olivia Freysson Ruric raised a frustrated one.

1 minute ago, rukio said:

"Vangel is king, he won the last kings moot." States Lydia before handing the letter to her dear cousin Vangel. ( @SomeoneTookMyName)

Ragnvald would remind Lydia that even if Vangel did win, it was still fully within a Ruric's right to call a Kingsmoot at any time! Alas, he was nowhere near the woman and thus could not comment on it.

Just now, Javert said:

Ragnvald would remind Lydia that even if Vangel did win, it was still fully within a Ruric's right to call a Kingsmoot at any time! Alas, he was nowhere near the woman and thus could not comment on it.

Lydia would remind him that his own missive stated that Vane was king which was untrue. Alas, she could not, for he was in an empty city and she was planning her wedding in Arichsdorf. 

Vangel Freysson would spin the thorned crown around his finger laughing a little, will the elected King be allowed to the moot he wondered.

Edited by SomeoneTookMyName

Perhaps it is time for Einar Edvardsson Ruric to make his debut. Or at least, that's what he would think to himself. He would remember the time when he was just a lad, where he attempted to challenge Vane to a duel for the Kingdom. While no such duel did happen due to Vane declining, it only cemented that he was out of touch with the traditions that had come to be that he was never properly taught due to being an orphan. The feisty youngling, now a man fully grown almost reaching fifty winters, may be able to see who would be the new successor to the home he once knew.

Rune, whilst aimlessly wandering the frozen tundra of the far north in a depressive daze after the destruction of Varhelm and the great Ashwood there caught ahold of the missive flowing through the oppressive northern winds. Once read, the part of him still of sound mind quietly muttered something about being at least somewhat lucky in not having to observe national politics any longer before continuing on his way.

Theroden raises a brow. “Good for Norland. Though I’m sure the fuming pretender will try to press the result of his farce of a ‘kingsmoot.’ He should really focus on the war his master is losing.”

Edited by Crymson