Declaration of Clan Eiriksson

sneakybandit

UndvZZikYsvopkVafw9ohxQ4QtZbP4-DyT4qzwnUqTNuTC1iaHXCwTyUjA-Er7ejmobmHHfjvzibSj5U3Hkql3zVyRGIl1ftgYJEG0__QA66X2V5vT28h5FqJEkv_9c13o7RZIqt

DECLARED 12th of The Amber cold, 70 SA

Spoiler

The moot is an ancient tradition held by our clan, a chance for the ambitious and young to openly challenge the old and stagnant for leadership of our people. Throughout our entire history, the rules of the moot have been honored and respected, never broken until the recent folly of King Vane Freysson.

I believed that never again would our traditions and customs be ignored and neglected, yet it seems that I was wrong. It has been brought to my attention that a kingsmoot was called and held in secret by my cousin Ragnvald Eiriksson, hailing from a proud clan of warrior kings. My cousin is well within his rights to declare a kingsmoot, as is every male member of the Rurikid clan. But the moot declared by Ragnvald was held in the shadows, with only a few hand-picked attendees on short notice. Such an act of cowardice and deceit is that of a snake, not fit for a descendant of Eirik the Great and will not be tolerated. 

Let it be known as chieftain of Clan Eiriksson I declare the following. 

Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric is hereby banished from the ancient Clan of Eiriksson.

The 'Kingsmoot' held by Ragnvald Ash is illegitimate and un-lawful along with any king elected in such a gathering

Furthermore, I declare my full support to King Vangel Freysson Ruric, King of Norland and Chieftan of the Rurikid.

Halstein Olafsson Eiriksson Ruric, Cheiftan of Clan Eiriksson.

Ragnvald Eiriksson strokes his beard

Aedan raises an eyebrow at the missive. "... Who the hell is Vangel?"

Astrid Eiriksson Ruric blinks before going “Who the feck is this guy?” She proceeds to crumple up the missive and throw it away.

The official chef of clan Eirikson approves the declaration of his chieftain as he prepares his signature spaghetti taco.

"Tis a shame that one of our own would fall so low to act akin to an Edvardson. The ancient tradition of the Kingsmoot was not honored this day, but I expect no less from the Clan of Edvard." Ellenore Eiriksson frowned as she heard of the news, her attention once agained focused on the Norlandic Realm.