A Song of Exodus

[!] The following message has been nailed onto every notice board in Norland & It's Vassals

1055337635_border-removebg-preview(1).thumb.png.5acf0c3375b27e099ed21a1ec1992fd2.png

A Song of Exodus

cf18e01faee40ec4c1a8324be9d2de4a.thumb.jpg.8822bda21b50f7dbd593152a9c1abc7f.jpg

Spoiler

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Mösu Shall no Longer Obey 

To A Kingdom That is in Decay. 

We shall neither Stand nor Fight For What They Believe is Right.

For Only A Fool Would Follow When Injustice & Humiliation is All He Has Been Bestowed,

When Justice, Gifts & Glory Is What They Are Owed.

A Kingdom Defended By A Fool’s Folly, 

A Kingdom Left Blinded To The Enemy Rally, 

A Kingdom's Pride In All Its Glory,

Its End Shall Be Gory.

What I’m about to say is not meant to make you beg for us to stay nor beg for forgiveness. For you are the choosers of your own fate and actions. But I want you to know how you have behaved towards me and my Clan… And How we have treated you.

For years now, me & my clan have been subject to unjust treatment and humiliation from those we would once consider brothers and sisters, comrades who we fought and bled next to in a shieldwall, even risked our own necks and skin to save when their footing faltered and their end seemed near. When we have been the ones to first answer the call to arms in defense of Norland and been those that showed up in even greater numbers then sworn vassals and barons of Norland! Hel, Not even the Ashguard managed to surpass us in numbers!

So dare not say that we have not done our fair share, our right, our duty as Highlanders & Norlanders. We have bled and toiled just like you all. If you’ve got scars and believe you have bled and toiled more for our North, then Strip and show them to us! We’ll show you ours! There is no part on our bodies that is not marked with a wound. Our bodies are covered in scars from every weapon you can think of! Swords, Arrows, Spears, Clubs, Stones… All of them sustained for Norland! In defense of your kin & friends!

But yet they Dishonor, Humiliate, act out unjust punishment for things some of us have already been justly punished for when honor, land, titles and gifts are what we are owed… They stab us in the back over and over again like the treacherous courtiers in empires of old, Bite our ankles like a poisonous snake when we are not aware. 

We demanded justice for all the times where we were wronged and we received none. We asked for what we were owed in return for all the blood we have spilled and lost for Norland and received nothing. We asked to be recognised as an official clan of Norland and yet there is no such decree. A man can only be stabbed in the back a few times before he grows a pair of eyes in the back of his head. 

Henceforth I, Sir Ragnarr Mösu “Barbarossa”, Aesir of Aesirs in Redclyf, Chieftain of the Mösu clan and among the first knights of Norland, and the Mösu Clan shall no longer exist under the banner of Norland nor be in the service of the King & Ashguard for only a fool would do so after having experienced what we have. If there is still any Mösu's in the Ashguard then this is their letter of Resignation from it. 

So Join Friends & Folk who Have Seen Norland’s Wrongs, 

Let us set Sail and Sing Songs.

Let the Northern Winds take our Ships South,

As We escape Norland’s Bad word-of-mouth.

To a Distant Land That Is Hot & Warm,

Yet Friendly & Does not Thorn.

Our Song of Exodus,

Shall even be Sung by Regulus.

Signed,

Rangarr Mösu “Barbarossa”, Aesir of Aesirs, Chieftain of Clan Mösu & Knight of Norland 

934200501_border-removebg-preview(1).thumb.png.676964efeb11943c90de4fd587d6ac3f.png

Edited by MisterBlitzkrieg

The King of Norland strokes his beard in contemplation.

Jasna would read the missive with a curious hum. "It seem ourr frriends frrom Redclyf be cutting ties with Norrland." She'd note, setting aside the missive with a thoughtful expression.

Uthyr of Cartref Mor squints hard, struggling to red the bolded deep-red ink upon the brown parchment. "I think I need glasses..." He muttered before handing the missive to his Lord, John Marsyr. @DrHope

From the small banks of Cartref Mor, a certain Adunic lord reads this missive of treason. His expression neutral as usual though he made a small gesture of his hand. At this summon, several adunians came forth, each holding parchment and quill. "Send word to the King of Norland and to the men, we have work to be done."

Astrid Eiriksson Ruric jumps up and down in place, grabbing Ciaran and shaking him “HUND!” She is practically screaming at him at this point “They’re gone, the incompetence is gone!”

She soon settled down, leaning back in her chair as she grins towards her friend “The whole thing is incredibly ironic. ‘Unjust humiliation’ If they think being told ‘no’ is humiliating, I’m scared for the next nation they go under. The Mösus were nothing but rats and I’m glad they got rid of their own infestation before I did.” She begins to laugh once more “‘signed Knight of Norland’ you never deserved that title in the first place, what makes you think you can have it now?”

Mera Camian, unpleasant and jaded as ever, reacted to the missive with a cold indifference. "Refused the attention they desire so dearly from the King, unhappy about rules, and acting out when they are not given what they want." She remarked, briefly shooting a glance to the bust of her grandmother that stood at the far wall of her sitting room. "It carries a rather annoying familiarity, I have to say. The same whining, but with a new signature. Good riddance, I say." With that, the elderly Camian matriarch tossed the missive aside to be discarded later. She gave a frustrated sigh. "No doubt, of course, the next missive through my door will be some governmental response to this. Never been a man alive that could learn to just ignore a petty insult," She complained next, having enough bitterness to share with the entire class. Finally, though, the old woman simmered down and moved on with her day.

The Marshal would look upon the missive, while drinking some wine in his tower. ‘Ragnar’s Punishment’ as he named it, seemed a bit too, so to say, extreme for other people. He would leave it on his desk, among other letters he recently received.