WRIT OF ABDICATION

sarahbarah

Spoiler

WRIT OF ABDICATION

00BBOTKLykFOtQav_Xr8jVD9IWPkpBbnzmteLh0QiBWycEs7WUiEfP9CahC6VRcskN_cgcc4dROLmnKQCs0oobiywlG8fxF0woVx8AYkD-YytP56gw8VfIfH4vPWv3i56NvF2cJ3

Issued by

THE DUCHESS OF VALWYCK

On this 10th of Jula ag Piov of 444 E.S.

VA VE EDLERVIK,

It has been seventeen years since I first inherited the Duchy of Valwyck from my father, Eirik I. Throughout my tenure, however, I dedicated most of my time to my Palatial duties as opposed to the betterment of my House, much to my own dismay. Further, my vigour is not what it once was, as I have grown much older, and consequently weaker in both body and spirit.

This has not been the case for my firstborn son and heir, Valdemar, who has shown great prowess in ducal affairs from the very beginning of his heirship. Now that he has come of age, I see no reason to stand in the way of his potential, for he has the vigour and drive necessary to bring the Duchy to new heights it has yet to witness. He is most capable of inheriting the Duchy and I have the utmost faith in him that he will serve Valwyck and the Kingdom well.

Thus, I proclaim that all of my titles - Duchess of Valwyck, Countess of Ayr, Viscountess of Voron, Baroness of Gant, Laval, and Riveryn are to be abdicated to my firstborn child and heir, Valdemar Eirik Baruch. 

Long may he reign.

BY MOUNTAIN, RIVER, AND COAL,

Isabel A. Baruch KML

rrb9mvcDIlTNMzuChIaepV1ZzzO4sEjjt7Ewwe8uxKzQH5BvXhVi6W1Ox-CoGSyZcmQa-SbIMj3N2OxIprpXCn-ja62fUs9ABUEWCmY9p-ygr7Bupvggw6pwv2_GsrrCSkhqIiZL

Eirik Baruch can't wait to spend time with his daughter!

"Long may he reign" would mutter the young musician Hamish Kortrevich along with the last sentence of the missive "Ah'm sure ye'll be a good duke, coz" he added thereafter with a small smile

“Life is rather short and burdensome, my dear niece, I’m proud of vy for finally figuring that out.” Kaustantin stated to the gushing wind outside his window overlooking Lichtestadt. His head pivoted back to the side. “Another Bear has retired, when will it be vyr turn?” He asked his wife with a grumble.

[!] Emèlie smiled brightly for her friend. "Long may he reign." She muttered with a smile before folding the missive away

47 minutes ago, Herod said:

“Another Bear has retired, when will it be vyr turn?” He asked his wife with a grumble.

Little did her husband know, Nikoleta was hard at work for her own retirement plan. She of course, had two more things to do… or three… or four! 

3 hours ago, zuziee said:

Little did her husband know, Nikoleta was hard at work for her own retirement plan. She of course, had two more things to do… or three… or four! 

Emerentia miserably waits for her beloved niece to retire and then die, so she may finally ascend to the seven skies-.. or go under to warmer places.

The young Duke of Valwyck sat in the study at Lichtestadt that evening, burning through the late hours with quill in hand. Where to even begin? He knew there would be a whole pile of letters to draft before first light. To notify the King of his ascension, to petition Georg for his advice, to bid the Bishop of Valwyck make preparations for his investiture, to inform Malcolm who was for the time being his heir. Though his mother more often made use of the Palatine's office than this one he still felt strange occupying the seat. Just as he felt strange marking them with the great seal of the Duchy, rather than that of Voron which had felt so familiar in his hand. This would take some getting used to.