Seeking to take on an Arcane pupil.

BonesOfTheEarth

[!]A note makes its rounds around Almaris. Written in scratchy handwriting, without much effort seeming to be placed into its contents to look nice.[!]

I am looking to take on one singular student in the Arcane Arts. You will learn a total of six different forms of magic, or pseudo-magic, in your time spent under me. I will not be taking more than one student on in this given century, and the process of learning will take several decades of intensive study. I am looking for someone of the minimum age of fourteen to the maximum age of thirty. I do not care about your gender or your race, but first consideration goes to those of ages sixteen to twenty.

You will live with me during your studies, acting as a servant when not in your lessons. If you are a parent wishing to send your child to me, understand that until the completion of their studies, I take full custody of them and all decisions related to them. You can have them back after. They can visit and spend time with their family just fine.

Life will not be glamorous. Most often you will live in a small home, cooking and cleaning and learning other life skills - other times sleeping beneath trees or in wet ditches. Your learning is not restricted only to the arcane, but all worldly knowledge, and many rituals not specific to one form of magic or another. You will not be a Mage, but a knowledgeable Wizard a cut above the rest. I assure you that.

If you are interested, contact Lefkos Amethil. Most readily found in the Dwarves of Hefrumm. Alternatively contactable through delivered notes or Celia'nor.

(( Bones | Will#6969 is my discord))

"So glad he didn't make me do this" his son stated with a grin adding this missive to the Amethil Archives. "Now that I think of it; he was mostly absent in my childhood."

"Perhaps I shall toss my name in the ring." The young magus and Laurir Draoi of Celia'nor Remus Wynasul said as he signed off on some paperwork governing magic in the city from within his office...

After reading the promising proposal the young servant retreated to their small living quarters, laying down onto the threadbare sheets of their mattress. Their worn leather riding boots still equipped.

After fidgeting a moment with their ear piercing they reviewed the scribbly parchment for the fourth time that evening. Over and over they read the phrase "If you are a parent wishing to send your child.."

Reading this made them feel sick with guilt. They often thought of the pain behind their ribs as a puzzle, a material shape.. like if they twisted it enough it could be solved. Although they hadn't learned to solve it yet the sorrow was mostly just a dull ache, only palpable during important ultimatums or when viewing something deceased.

Placing the parchment to their side the young servant lifted their pointer finger to the ray of moonlight seeping through the thatched roof. The beam catch the cheap steel of his ring, the light dancing in their eyes like tiny fae creatures. Making their decision they traced the curve of the bones on their face.

"If it was the will of The Allshadow then I might stand a chance.." Felwinter Cala'cast promised before drifting off to a more whimsical reality

○▲○

Spoiler

Sorry if this was bad, my first time posting something like this.. not sure if the offer still stands either..