THE BURNING TREE IN ASHES

Demavend

A grey orc reads the paper, grin manically spreading around thick tusks before harsh bellows of laughter resound theough San'Velku.

"KAHAHAHAHA! VYNULLI!

Dah ugz iz eiturnyng tu dah roightvul zteyt uv Wagh, even iv wi urukz ahr nub klompyng en diz foight."

Kor'garr the Clanless twirls his massive handlebar mustache between bulky digits, chuckling in a gravelly baritone as he returns to writing his newspaper.

As the Norlanders never showed up to save their Queen, she was kept captive.

The Ruthern forces in tandem with their allies used a raid ladder to clamber over the walls of Alisgrad and then slaughtered several citizens and attempted to besiege the city's coffers. 

All in all, the raiding party was successful, and then retreated to Vidaus after reaping death and destruction throughout the city and its surrounding countryside. 

Alexander I got a splitting headache. "I suppose this is how you repay a century of loyalty?"

Milonir of Whitehall, an untested Aspirant in the BSK, grew ever eager to perhaps prove his mettle on the field of battle-- and become a true bogatyr. 

An Old Orenian Noble sat in his chair in his downgraded house in Helious offered up by his friend, it was dimly lit as he read the missive infront of him. "An Old Oren vassal now becoming the Empire that they used to hate, while everyone was too afraid of us taking over the world like we once did before and yet they allowed Haense to do it, Next they will go for the Dwarves for being non-humans and not canonist either. I just hope the ones beginning this war end it before the lives of men are lost for no reason other then one man's lust for power."

Gaius Rosius var Ruthern, Baron of Marsana in the Kingdom of Balian reads the paper with furrowed brows of concern and annoyance. 

“It does niet look dobry for my kin in Haense to declare a crusade on a nation without consulting their Koeng first.” 

A sigh escaped his lips as he set the paper down upon his desk. The Ruthern of Balian crossed his arms over his chest as he then leaned his back against the table. 

“And here Y thought His Grace Aleksandr was a sensible man…Rather…his decision is making us Rutherns look bad in front of the entire world.” 

The Baron of Marsana now wondered if he will have to declare a proclamation of neutrality for the Balian Rutherns. 

i70yuyB.png

𝅘𝅥𝅮𝅗𝅥𝅘𝅥𝅯𝅘𝅥𝅮

Odoacer sailed across the vast lake at the base of the hill on which his village of Danuglas sprawled. The youth sought after one of many runestones scattered across Almaris raised by his tribe. This particular runestone, which he had sat beneath in one of his many lessons in learning the speech of the Cingedoz during his childhood, recorded one of the many migrations in which a chieftain named Gaisorix led the Cingedoz from the Jarldom of Dunrath in response to his discovered friendship with one Manfred of Arichsdorf. He moored his boat on the shores behind an aged and faded earthenwork wall on Dunrathi shores and brought with him a book to read before the runestone. He ran his fingers against an etched script along the surface of the limestone that read Raised by Gaisorix in the 61st Second Age.

Grandfather, you tried to prevent a host from marching through Dunrath, the southern march of Norland, and the friendship you bridged with Manfred earned you the spite of the Jarls. Odoacer rested his forehead gently against the cold surface of the runestone, leaving his hands to part the binding of the book and thumb through the pages. Now the Hansetians means to attack Norland as Oren did in your lifetime, should I follow in your footsteps for some small quarter of their land or shall I trace my Grenzi roots and support that most ancient of kingdoms? Either way, there will be many great deeds that can be written into bardic songs. Odoacer lifted his forehead with a decisiveness in his movement. He dropped the book at the base of the runestone and returned to the boat he left on the shore a few yards away.

A Cingedoz bagaudas[1] looked to offer his services to the effort from Vidaus.

Spoiler

Translation

1. bagaudas - skirmisher