Astraaeus

Discord:

Aeiz#1190

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Doxxing

What circumstances led to this ban?

I can't remember because it was over 6 years ago that it occurred. The players involved have left the community permanently and have moved on. There is no remaining animosity and it was because I was in an online relationship and was also being exposed to content that was beyond my age appropriate level. Having been so young, I do not feel like my actions at the time can reflect who I am now and I think it's important to consider how being young can lead to bad decisions being made. In the future I will act like an adult and regard myself others with dignity also will not communicate with minors because I was a victim of grooming on LOTC which disturbed my mental state.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

Please see post below. A lot of time has passed and I'm indifferent in any animosity towards those who issued the ban or attacked me, or who I have attacked. I do not have any ill will towards these people and will not pursue them. I also do not have any intention to continue any behaviour that was demonstrated which gave reasoning for the ban and demonstrably I am an adult now, with proper psychiatric diagnosis and a career path ahead with academic goals in post-secondary studies which take precedent over Minecraft.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I just want to clear this ban up and I do not want to return immediately but it's nice to have access to the community.

Attach other relevant information.

It was requested that I make amends against those who I wronged. Unfortunately I will not be in contact with the individuals involved in the future going forward as it could constitute criminal harassment. For the protection of all parties: I will cease communication with anyone involved. I will not interact with them, they are not even active members of LOTC and if they are, and approach me and ask for an apology I can provide that to them without hesitation. I am sorry to the staff who have had to deal with my repetitive behaviour and will take this as a last chance, and fully expect to never return if there are even slight future violations.

Edited by Astraaeus

What a strange timeline. I banned you five-years ago.

I'll throw your appeal into chat, expect a response in the coming days. 

Update:

You were banned a multitude of times for many different offenses. Some of which included spam on the forums, harassment of your ex-boyfriend who you met online on this platform, as well as harassment of other players. Please include in your appeal how you intend to make amends for your actions. Include demonstrable evidence for us that you have changed as an individual and that you're not likely to repeat these offenses. Particularly in the agreement/disagreement section.

Furthermore, if you've got any idea of who you alleged groomed you, please submit your case to [email protected] so that an Administrator may review relevant materials to issue a ban on the individual(s). 

Your ban files and records have been put into the #appeals chat of Moderation for discussion.

I wish you luck. 

Note: In the future please do not make an alternate forum account to rep your own post. And do not post graphic lyrics in the status updates. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, excited said:

What a strange timeline. I banned you five-years ago.

I'll throw your appeal into chat, expect a response in the coming days. 

Update:

You were banned a multitude of times for many different offenses. Some of which included spam on the forums, harassment of your ex-boyfriend who you met online on this platform, as well as harassment of other players. Please include in your appeal how you intend to make amends for your actions. Include demonstrable evidence for us that you have changed as an individual and that you're not likely to repeat these offenses. Particularly in the agreement/disagreement section.

Furthermore, if you've got any idea of who you alleged groomed you, please submit your case to [email protected] so that an Administrator may review relevant materials to issue a ban on the individual(s). 

Your ban files and records have been put into the #appeals chat of Moderation for discussion.

I wish you luck. 

Note: In the future please do not make an alternate forum account to rep your own post. And do not post graphic lyrics in the status updates. Thank you. 

I have severe trauma from what happened but if you ask him he will remember it too. I forgot their name and I will have to go through the Skype logs which I will do when I'm able to tonight. I am 20 years old now. I used to be 14/15 years old when I was using this platform and acting inappropriately. I attend university full-time and I am a mature adult with legal and executive authority and intact functioning. As you know, the cerebral frontal lobe takes many years to fully develop.

To be specific on what has changed: I do not care about the events of the internet and would not ever invest myself so heavily into the levels I have in the past. My problem was that I cared too much about what was going on. I got bitter and harassed people OOC over things that happened in a fictional world which makes no sense. I have a sense of detachment from the internet because I have a life to attend to outside of it, namely my studies at university.

I agree that I used to act inappropriately on the platform so I agree with the ban now that you reminded me of the reasons because I was unclear. I am going to send an email to the address you provided with the groomer and their details if I am able to retrieve it but this happened 6 years ago so it may be difficult to locate and I cannot make any guarantee. I do not and have not dated anyone online since the beginning of 2020 and have moved all attachments to the real world because that is where it is genuine and not exploitative.

Thank you for your time. As for the lyrics, G59 is my favourite record label, Ramirez is my favourite rapper and $uicideboy$ are my favourite rap duo.  I also love TeamSESH and other similar rappers.

WARNING EXPLICIT LYRICS - DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE:

Edited by Tiito

5 hours ago, excited said:

I can't find the Skype account. If anyone remembers what Skype account I used to access the community then I will be able to provide names and evidence but it's likely they left the server because they were a nobody but I was not the only victim. The ex-boyfriend also was targeted by this person. My ex-boyfriend may have also been targeted by other people on the server. I feel responsible partially because I showed him this server and he got messed up from it and turned into a different person, having online relationships with other (older) members of the community.

My first relationship online: I was 14 and the other guy was 19, and similarly I had 20+ year olds target me online in roleplaying communities. The cycle is insidious but I am hoping to have some acknowledgement here that being targeted is not normal or easy on the victim, and so my mental capacities at the time were limited by these events.

Today I have bipolar disorder and I have a psychiatrist who treats me regularly for the disorder and I am stable now, so there is a key difference and I believe letting me back onto the server will endanger no one because I am simply not interested in getting involved in drama anymore with random strangers who are perhaps younger than me. One thing we need to be cautious of is the fact that minors use the server, so behaving inappropriately as an adult is an extra level of egregious and something my moral conscience prohibits which is why I see it reasonable to lift the ban.

Edited by Astraaeus

Upon further discussion & review by Moderation, we have decided to deny your appeal. It was listed as permanent and despite that we tried to contemplate more charitable outcomes. However, what you did was at the time very egregious, and taking the chance that you may have changed as a person in five-years is not our responsibility. Our responsibility is the safety of our users who play the server. You express very little remorse in your appeal, instead citing mental health issues and a mental health disorder. The demeanor exhibited on this appeal comes across as very self-serving and elaborately vague. Furthermore, the fact that you could be brought up on criminal charges for what you did lends credence to our verdict, as we do not desire anybody past or future who has done these things to play on our platform.

We wish you luck with your mental health and your future life. However, you will never be unbanned from LoTC.