[Complete] Report (Itz_Diogen, Deepdarksamurai, Boknice275, Traveller, TmoneyW)

Boknice275

I don't like how there's cut off context where it's very clear we're all talking about the group's mindset being uncomfortable to be around, vs you as an individual. My response is about things deepdark has done in the past (including a screenshot of him emoting his toga being blown off). My name weirdly isn't included on who can reply but I'm in almost every screenshot. 

Dio and other people were talking about how it feels really vile, weird, and uncomfortable to tell a female persona to use a bathhouse- especially given the current culture and forum posts about why we should remove bathhouse roleplay. 

To you the roleplay bathhouse may not be sexual. To others, being told to take a communal bath with males as a female persona may make them feel unsafe. There is no truly disparaging comment about you in any of the comments. Just that Dio felt the situation was vile and that bronze elves have a history of doing things that are questionable in nature, which is objectively true, with a moderator suggesting that people compile a report, as they're trained to do. 

Also, as a side note, messaging someone in-game after making them feel uncomfortable may not be the best way to try to resolve it. Going through a moderator, having a blue tag contact them, will probably be a better way of getting a response from someone who made it clear they felt uncomfortable/unsafe in the future.

Weird report, not a fan, not a fan of not being included in the list of people who can reply, given half of some of the screenshots are just my discord tag. 

This is a joint response from Diogen and Traveller.

I’m going to respond to this post with Diogen as the so-called “accompanying individual.” After reading this, this feels like boknice took us feeling uncomfortable to another level and took the situation personally, which is okay and I can understand why he’d feel like that, but to call for us to be banned because we left the RP in question because we were uncomfortable seems like a reach in this case.

"So my character takes them to Sulianpoli and is followed by an orc. The orc expresses concern that they are both suspicious and the Rex himself is also uneasy about them, to which Agis extrapolates that they could be potential darkspawn."

DrunkPapaBear (The Rex) was AFK at the time of this RP happening, including as far as someone saying he is “asleep”. He was located in the gatehouse and did not move or emote for the entire RP, including when we left for Sulianpoli. 

"My character asks if they wanted to come into the temple, which they agreed to. He uses the phrase baths, in the context of a bath of holy water, not a bath where people bathe."

You said “Come.” to which Diogen responded. “I will watch at most.” This was not an acceptance of an invitation. There is also little difference between these two concepts, considering they are both holes in the ground with steaming water that you sit in, which DeepDarkSamurai’s character did. Surely one can understand, especially about the recent community uproar about bathhouses and bathhouse RP should be banned, how it could make two people, both playing women uncomfortable when invited into such. It does not matter if it was holy water, when it was perceived by both me and Diogen as a bathhouse.

I’d also like to say that your character was very ambiguous when originally proposing such an invitation, Diogen’s character had to pry with a comment showing he was uncomfortable to get the actual information of what these bathhouses are out of your character. Again, leaving the initial invitation so open-ended just seemed odd to us and already sparked some uncomfortableness. We shouldn’t have to dig for the “true intentions” when it’s surrounding something that is so infamous in the community, even to the point of that complaint post last week calling for them to be banned.

FfDFEeF.png

"Diogen’s character and the accompanying individual walk into the temple and remark that it is “too hot.” This is the second time they had made that remark, which made my character (who is already suspicious of them) even more worried about their nature."

It was my character who said that, not Diogen. I emoted this because we were literally at the bottom/inside a volcano, and DeepDarkSamurai quite literally emoted the bathhouse being hot. To assume we are darkspawn from that is ridiculous. And then we can go into your logs that you posted of your own on this post, seeing you went into quiet and made an egregious metagaming attempt, as seen below.

Spoiler

[19:18:54] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Agis Penweather: “Come.”

[19:19:04] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Arùnia] NPC: “I will watch at most.”

[19:20:11] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [!] The temple's heat is oppressive! Steam and incense smoke rise and mix in the air. Smoke pours from the eyes of the bull.

[19:20:34] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Agis Penweather: “Blessed heat.”

[19:20:38] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [!] The elven high priest already neared the cooler part of the temple complex where dew covered every surface.

[19:20:41] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Irene: “It is hot.”

[19:20:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Agis Penweather: “Come.”

[19:21:00] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Arùnia] NPC: “I am fine watching from a distance.”

[19:21:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Arùnia] NPC: “This is… Quite the culture shock.”

[19:21:09] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Agis Penweather: “Why don't you wish to come deeper into our temple?”

[19:21:26] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You are now talking in: Undertone (8)

[19:21:30] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Quiet] Agis Penweather: “They don't like heat.”

[19:21:32] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#Blessed] Anaxagoras The Terrifying: “Lok Scorthuz! Lok goth ob bokboz!” He beamed as he entered into the baths, a silver chalice in hand. Instantly is all grime cleansed from him\.

[19:21:36] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Quiet] Bashag'Ugluk: “Yub.”

[19:21:39] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Quiet] Agis Penweather: “Hmm.”

[19:21:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [#Blessed] Anaxagoras The Terrifying: “It is alright, llir, it is likely they need cooler clothes. Next time we will supply them with togas.”

[19:22:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Quiet] [#Blessed] Anaxagoras The Terrifying: “It is sus llir!!!”

[19:22:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Quiet] Agis Penweather: “Or maybe they're darkspawn.”

Again, to emote and mention numerous times IRPly that it is hot then accuse us of being darkspawn because my character says it’s hot. We don’t want to get into water with unknown men as our characters so we must be darkspawn. It's not a strange and outlandish reaction to refuse such. I also do not like the connotation in a quiet conversation in our presence but not privy to that you will supply two women with togas and then DeepDarkSamurai even checks if we can hear him after he says this in quiet. We won’t even mention the meme RP.

"Eventually, when my character mentions how they could be a potential darkspawn without being tested, Diogen makes an OOC comment about doing “bathhouse roleplay” (I will address that in a second) and logs off."

You made the accusation in #q as we can see via logs. Diogen and myself also DID NOT log off. We went back to Nor’asath, which can be proven via logs and timestamps. Maybe the fact that we took off was related to the group of Bronze Elves in front of us borderline begging for us to come and sit in the bath and we were actually uncomfortable with the RP.

"It is his prerogative to exit any RP he’d like, but the insinuation here (and later the assertion, will address in a moment as well) is that I had framed this RP in an erotic way. Not only is this assertion offensive, it is not even remotely reflective of the actual roleplay that took place."

What is wrong with anyone with exiting RP that they are not comfortable with, regardless of the situation? I also think it is reflective because this response is how we viewed the situation at the time and afterwards. 

"Immediately after receiving this comment (as the logs will show) I messaged Diogen to clarify the roleplay (as I had already done in-character) and to make sure there was no misunderstanding. As of the posting of this ban report, I have received no response from Diogen."

(I further elaborate on this point in the screenshots down the page of discord dms.) When the situation happened, it was rather late (me and Diogen are both from Europe.) The situation was done and dealt with when we removed ourselves from the situation. It did not constitute a message or any more clarification from Diogen because the final message that was said before we SS’d out was. “Sorry, I am uncomfortable doing bath house RP lol, I'll catch you later.” from Diogen.

The RP in question made myself and Diogen uncomfortable, we should not have to be further subjected to discuss it in greater detail for boknice’s sake. It was us who were made uncomfortable. Diogen also did not respond because he explicitly said. “I’ll catch you later.” and in dms, “I’ll talk to you about it when I wake up.” To me, these two messages do not seem like meticulously planned to paint you as coaxing into ERP like you are framing Diogen out to be. To us, we are just simply avoiding an uncomfortable situation that in our eyes, could’ve evolved based on reputation in the community. The situation should’ve ended there.

"But I have received questioning and scorn from several people OOCly. Shortly after this incident, I go into several Discord chats (will not say the exact ones) and I get told that Diogen has been spreading around the rumor that I (and the others) tried to force him into erotic-type roleplay."

You make this claim yet none of your screenshots show this. Nowhere in your evidence does Diogen mention anything about being forced into erotic RP. I don’t think Diogen posting screenshots of logs of RP that actually happened and those same logs that are in your post in Celia’nor’s Discord is damning. It doesn’t feel like any consideration was given to us being uncomfortable more so you and your community are trying to save face.

"I spend an hour or so defending myself (between the two voice chats) that I would not do something like that, and that Diogen completely distorted the situation at hand. In one of the voice chats, someone began using odd arguments to basically say I could be lying, by invoking code that “swingers” use to coax people into their activities– to use their words."

It feels like these unrelated actions to myself or Diogen to make us seem worse despite it not being from ourselves. Neither of us accused you of this.

I don’t really know what else to say about this because it’s not about us and again, I don’t know why it’s in this report.

"Several other people seem to justify Diogen’s suspicion by pointing to the Bronze Elf’s supposed history of engaging in inappropriate roleplay. As many who know me are aware, I am not someone who tries to interact with OOC beef/drama too much. I have been playing this server since 2014. In all my years on the server never have I gotten involved in OOC beef/drama. This is a game. I come here to escape the stresses of life, as do many other people. So I had no clue of the supposed history of the Bronze Elves, or the druids (who many people have told me about), or any other person/player group that constantly gets attacked on the server. I stay away from the nonsense."

Regardless if you do not try to “OOC beef/drama” you made us uncomfortable, and the history of this community and the infractions some members have gained because of it, even if you do not “interact” with it, me and Diogen know this history and we can’t help but be wary when we are placed in such a situation involving a bathhouse. Also: “This is a game.” Exactly. So why should we be penalised for leaving a situation that made us uncomfortable? I don’t think an extensive history lesson needed to be had to understand the situation that we were in made us not feel comfortable, especially when the LEADER of the group is suggesting in quiet just out of our ear range that we need togas as women characters that we should wear them into a bath? Including afterwards going back into #RP and checking if we can hear him.

"Not only that, but I begin receiving screenshots showing Diogen continue to lie about the nature of our RP interaction, like the ones below:"

You can be offended by these screenshots, but once more, there is no lying in these screenshots. I understand if you’re upset but all that is shown in the screenshots from Diogen’s end, since it is a report on him and me, is that he said the situation was vile, stated a very very brief history on the Bronze Elves and that your build looks like a landscar and is ugly. Sure he says you tried to peer pressure us into joining you in the bath, but that’s… exactly what happened? The persistent emotes of “Come.” and constant attempts at convincing us despite our refusal numerous times until Diogen had to say something in OOC and we distanced ourselves.

"And a last note about this. I did not want to make this report. I personally considered Diogen a friend. In the past we’ve had good RP and banter about various different topics on LOTC and life. His accusations make me feel absolutely horrible and betrayed. I do believe the severity of this matter rises to a ban report.  I also hope this report clears my name and establishes a broader context about what happened."

I believe that both sides have misunderstood the situation, and I still stand by that we had a right to remove ourselves from that uncomfortable situation, which we did. It wasn't about any testing it was purely because we did not feel at ease being in that scenario, which is something I hope you can understand from our point of view. Diogen's discomfort of the situation resulted in him going to these Discords and drastically spreading such screenshots of IRP logs, not out of malice but out of a state of bewilderment and shock.

We do not want to deal with situations like this, I’m sure like yourself, we just want to play. The screenshots below speak for themselves. We do not want boknice or anyone involved to get banned, punished or further hurt from the situation. It feels like his first instinct wasn’t to make sure we were okay and submitting the report as fast as possible, to the point where it is submitted in the middle of the night for us and we’re asleep. I understand this could have been in a panic, but we feel like this escalated to a report too quickly, you claim no communication but communication is bound to be impaired when we are in vastly different time zones. 

Another important thing to mention is that Diogen and myself were spook-tested throughout many communities, even caught and executed with 50+ people watching, posts made about us exposing our natures and were never once bad faith about it. We were not not aware of the reason behind the bathhouse situation until the last second, having been extremely uncomfortable by then, thirty or so minutes into the situation.

That is all we will say on such, there are some more relevant screenshots below:

Spoiler

image.png?width=1063&height=676

image.png?width=1064&height=676

image.png?width=1040&height=676

image.png?width=1035&height=676

image.png?width=1011&height=676

image.png?width=1043&height=675

image.png?width=1074&height=676

image.png?width=1055&height=676

image.png

Claims were made that Diogen apparently joined a VC to talk smack about Boknice when that wasn’t the case, as Muppet admitted, as he had been in Nor’Asath VC throughout the entirety of that time.

Perspective can become a curious subject, and I feel like that is where this whole ordeal stems from. We have lacked thoughtfulness towards one another in the whole process. 

As Sterling K. Brown once said; “Empathy begins with understanding life from another person's perspective. Nobody has an objective experience of reality. It's all through our own individual prisms,” yet we have avoided this extremely simplistic and humane factor from both sides of the issue. And I feel like that is what I want to add here. 

Both sides are uncomfortable, that much has been made clear throughout the entire report and discussion which has followed, and the core fact of the matter is that no one on the server should be forced to feel discomfort in any scenario whatsoever. Both sides have made mistakes, both sides have acted rash; and now both sides are trying to defend themselves from the tight grasp of hatred towards each other. And yet there is next to no reason for this hatred to burrow through the layers of our skin, and nor was there ever truly reason (from my own perspective) to create an entire report on us for this entire situation. So perhaps, it’d be wiser to look from both perspectives of the situation; perceiving from both sides one by one to truthfully understand what has occurred and the reasons behind them. 

Let me start with my own side, because that is the side which I know the best. We have a simple fact which has been mentioned by Traveller in the above reply; DISCOMFORT. We were extremely uncomfortable with the situation at hand. We felt forced into a roleplay which we desired no reasonable involvement in. We tried (from our perspective) to communicate this to the players and we felt as though our communication was avoided. I tried to reach out to discuss the situation; I tried to solve the issue before further issues arose, yet I was met by the notion that “we will continue this on the forum” of which was never my desire. This whole situation has blown a hole in a dam which merely needed maintenance at the start. 

Yes. I confess that in the bewilderment of the situation which has occurred throughout the last two days, I acted drastically. I acted, perhaps, without care for consequence nor thought of the connotation applied and for that I apologize. I desired, in that time, to feel validated for my own discomfort and reached out into a larger audience than I should’ve done. It was not optimal yet as all humans do; I made this mistake. 

It seems that from your perspective, Traveller and I are the most malicious beasts which exist on the server. You desired not truly to communicate with us privately and would rather blow up a storm from the situation on the forums. I am uncertain if this is to redeem yourself from the thoughts people have applied to your name or to attempt to start a witch-hunt on both Traveller and I, but frankly it is irrelevant to me. I would just like for this all to be solved peacefully, without anyone from any side feeling as though they have won or lost; because this situation was never supposed to be a win-or-lose situation.  

If you feel as though we have roleplayed badly, then I am sorry. If you feel as though you have been targeted, then I am sorry. If you feel as though we have been uncommunicative, then I am sorry. I cannot control your perspective but I try to understand your side, and in turn I ask that you try to understand mine. I acted rashly in a time of absolute discomfort of the situation which had occurred to me. I said certain things in a wider audience than needed. I sought validation. I sought comfort. I understand this might be an issue for you, but I ask you to understand how the connotations of the roleplay made US feel in the moments and time thereafter. I ask you to understand and to see without care for personal defense how this situation impacted us as players of the characters involved. 

I have let my guard down here, I admit to my mistakes as reasonable people should be able to do, and I would like for the situation to end. I have no desire to witch-hunt you nor your community. I have no desire to further accuse anyone of anything. I would simply like for this to be over. And so I hope you can let your walls come down as well. That you can view the situation from my, our, perspective and try to put yourselves there. Try to view the other side. All this situation needed was a small discussion, an I am sorry from both sides, and a friendly handshake to seal the deal.

Please. Let that be the end. 

18 minutes ago, Privet said:

Both sides did not make mistakes, perhaps in dealing with the aftermath of this scenario, but you twisted a temple made for religious purposes in to 'a bathouse', spreading various screenshots without context, and reiterated this in Traveler's reply, leading to harassment of two individuals who merely want to roleplay and create roleplay for other people. It shows in the screenshots you were in the motions of creating your own ban report, so to say 'nor was there ever truly reason (from my own perspective) to create an entire report on us for this entire situation' would be false, since you were obviously prepared to make your own report over the situation. This seems like a last minute apology only created because you realized you could actually get in hot water over this situation, and wanted to save yourself from being banned from the roleplay server you made hostile for two other individuals.

Apologies for slander usually come with full admission of false statements, I suggest you write one about your statements on Boknice and Deepdark.

To claim both sides did not make mistakes is simply incorrect and you should take the time to view this carefully in your own perspective. If you take the time to actually read the response and contemplate what the response says; then those messages, those actions, were done in the midst of bewilderment of the situation which made me feel uncomfortable. When you feel uncomfortable you seek validation of your discomfort, this is a rather obvious physiological process, and in this case my response became “this needs to be dealt with” before I had the time to truly process everything (which was closely before this report was posted). 

Your side is in the wrong, if you cannot admit that yourself then you have a deep issue in your mentality that you might want to look into. Your roleplay made US uncomfortable. Your roleplay caused us ACTIVE DISCOMFORT and we vividly expressed this. In the moment this was addressed you should’ve looked more lightly. You are, as well as us, responsible for the insurance that this community feels safe and comfortable wherever you might be. 

To quote the Safety rules released earlier this year; “You’re allowed to say “stop” at any time, and your partner needs to respect that.” Perhaps this discusses sexual consent (which was later explained to not be such) yet it remains as relevant in any situation of discomfort. We said stop. You did not respect our wishes. We removed ourselves from the situation. I acted rashly, I have confessed to this fact and I have apologized, but your side is certainly not innocent here and to claim that would be plainly false. 

Furthermore, I’d like to know (and actively wonder) why someone unmentioned and seemingly unrelated to the report itself continues to comment in defense (and oppositely in attack) of the involved parties?

image.png

Friendly Reminder: 

Only players mentioned or involved in a report in the Reports sub-forum may reply to a topic.