Malins-Welco.me - a LOTC Calendar Assistant

Malins Welcome

40 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

I LOVE THIS!
Also can you include the date of transition between FA and SA by any chance?

I'm not sure what you mean. You want the last year of the first age somewhere on the site?

41 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

Also If you want I can provide the orcish terminology for the IRL days of the week/Months of the LotC year.

Please do! I'll figure out some way to incorporate them.

This is so cool! What did you code it in?

Just now, sheriif said:

This is so cool! What did you code it in?

It's javascript. I can show you the code if you're interested.

I THINK (not sure) it's currently 1911 according 2 the imperial calendar instead of 1912 but otherwise looks very dope 

10 minutes ago, Ramon said:

I THINK (not sure) it's currently 1911 according 2 the imperial calendar instead of 1912 but otherwise looks very dope 

I think you are correct. My character is currently 211 years old and was born on 1700. I should have double-checked.

Imperial time has been adjsuted and so has the Shire Reckoning. Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Base JavaScript or utilizing Angular or React (or other UI-focused framework)?

27 minutes ago, Ibn Khaldun said:

Base JavaScript or utilizing Angular or React (or other UI-focused framework)?

Base Javascript

What was the reason behind the decision to put a / in between the Haeseni months? It makes it seem like you can use one word or the other, but they're meant to be combined, ex. "Jula ag/and Piov", "Vzmey ag/and Hyff". Also, does the date follow the user's computer time? If so, it would be inaccurate to the true LotC time because of timezones.

Edit: I have double checked; it does indeed follow the user's computer time.

2 minutes ago, Crevel said:

What was the reason behind the decision to put a / in between the Haeseni months? It makes it seem like you can use one word or the other, but they're combined, ex. "Jula ag/and Piov", "Vzmey ag/and Hyff". Also, does the date follow the user's computer time? If so, it would be inaccurate to the true LotC time.

I can see how it could be read as being interchangable, but I didn't read the lore as the two names being combined, rather I thought they just had two months for every one month of the other calendars, and I thought the / was a fine way to represent that for now, until I add some AM/PM test at least.

The date would follow user time and that would be a problem I need to address.

based

3 hours ago, Wholesome_Thomas said:

Base Javascript

Ping me if you want any help or at least a wall to bounce ideas/solutions off of to improve your current codebase.

20 hours ago, Charles The Bald said:

It's obviously a beginner project, don't wanna sound like an *******, but slap a border-radius on these boxes, loose the border a little bit, remove the box at the top, we could make this a really beautiful project.

Let's change the police too, would look awesome. A lil padding in the center element and stuff. You could use the side bars to put some moving lotc icons or something and let it really flow too.

image.thumb.png.2d73905efa2a3f5e151e3d38160ad155.png

I changed this in 10 minutes so it's not really a finished product and just a rough idea, but could look really cool in the end if you try to have fun with it and let your creative self express yourself.

BE YOUR CREATIVE SELF !!!

If you ever need help, I work professionally in web development and know how to make things more beautiful quicker, just contact me on discord.

Hate to break it to you bud, but you 100% sound like an *******. Just because you throw a disclaimer on your insults doesn’t make you less of a ****. You have good suggestions. Next time offer those without all the ego layered on top. This person made something awesome. Just be proud of another LOTC community member and offer your suggestions. 

2 hours ago, Danjahb29 said:

Hate to break it to you bud, but you 100% sound like an *******. Just because you throw a disclaimer on your insults doesn’t make you less of a ****. You have good suggestions. Next time offer those without all the ego layered on top. This person made something awesome. Just be proud of another LOTC community member and offer your suggestions. 

You've got great courage man, just calm down a little.

4 minutes ago, Charles The Bald said:

You've got great courage man, just calm down a little.

I’m calm. Just don’t like seeing people shit on other people’s projects. There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing someone’s work wile bragging about how great you could have done it. 

Like I said you have very good suggestions and ideas. The needless put downs were the issue. 

1 minute ago, Danjahb29 said:

I’m calm. Just don’t like seeing people shit on other people’s projects. There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing someone’s work wile bragging about how great you could have done it. 

Like I said you have very good suggestions and ideas. The needless put downs were the issue. 

just calm down, not everyone speaks english daily, i was obviously trying to be overly friendly to pass the message that I was being friendly and not trying to be an *******, I know what I bring to a team and have taught juniors so calm down over there