Flight of the rooks

Phoenixshot3

2yrKD69yuAEmxi7BQZHj7dqzVKbx0a8rdJEdgN-07olwK18-RccxGZE12Vlk2OSslr7LhozcGbpnGtIeRtvHY1x1ZVg8axjcL60HJ9skYtmLAGJp0CnX--5NNwyB93GgDMnlAX1r-MWeXzBcT7r_r9U

Sat upon the rooftops of a quant and distant shore town it seems a pest of birds has claimed the red shingles painting them black and white. The flock caws and croaks in a bothersome band, barking bafflingly baritone ballads as they bolster a band. “Yes my friends… the time has come.” A suit of armour hums within, clouded by feathers and bird excrement as he ties the last letter to the last rook.

The birds grow anxious, having been terrorising the neighbourhood for the better part of a day until suddenly the hermit arises, hand pointing land inwards as he speaks to his messengers. “Onwards my boys and girls! Fly and find my brethren in every tavern, inn and theatre! Bring them word of new tidings, an era to be born!”

The already chaotic flock turns into a cacophony on screeches, avians flying in a whirring blaze of feathers through the air as they disperse into the evening sky. Days later pamphlets are dispersed around the continent addressed to those daring enough to read them.

“Men and women of song I beckon thee!

The tide of art must be changed!

Step forth into the light with me-

During the time I have arranged.

Many years I’ve ached for a festival for our kin,

So high time it be for us to feast, barter and sin.

Are you an artist of your people and bring happiness where you can?

Are you a rambling rover or perhaps Vailu Valmiran?

Come to the Hyspian bullring and wear thy finest dress,

Masters bring thy pupils- art is for everyone to express.

Can you sing, dance, write, paint or sew?

Become part of the committee and set up a show!”

The lower part of the pamphlet holds a less artistic piece of writing, handing the needed information to those interested.

“I summon all willing artists from any and all vocations to a council so that we may erect a custom that could span across all nations. We can build a day for us all to enjoy our wondrous gifts and extend them to those willing to join us. In two elven days at central nightfall shall we muster. I would like to extend my personal invitations to all, especially the artistic academy aforementioned in the poem. Let me plead with you a story, a dream of an old man that you may now finally get to live.

Fealty to the fallen, Liquor for the living.

-Un Ami de la Fontaine”

OOC Information:
Date: 1/3/2023 (First of march)
Time: 11 PM GMT
Place: Bullring in Hyspia

Edited by Phoenixshot3

Princess Sofia de Pelear certainly looks forward to a grand display of the arts. She wondered, if perhaps, they'd have strange art pieces. Those that made the viewer question just what the artist had been through. For she ached to add to her collection!

A dastardly hater and art lord supreme plots on how he can ungroovify this potential art extravaganza to further steep the world with his hatred for bards and their frivolous notions on what made art...dastardly indeed... 

A busy Headmistress makes sure to save the sent date! She'd prepare ideas, and extra security to make sure no crazy self-called Lords come by to try and ruin their planning!

Kor'garr the Clanless raises a thick brow in surprise, having received a message from some avian beast of burden that is certainly not a Krugmar Courier Hawk. His interest is piqued further upon the announcement of an art showcase and general celebration.

"Wyll dey hav propah zhowyngz uv Orc Kultyur? Kor'garr zhuld meyk zyur..." The Skriptgoth records the date in his log of upcoming events, preparing for another article in advance.

Spoiler

Translation: "Will they have proper showings of Orc culture? I should make sure..."

[This will be mentioned in the next Kaktuz Weekli!]

As fliers and pamphlets were delivered all across the continent, a kind and curious eyed elf would look up from his work with a smile, plucking one course on a lute old enough to be an antique by now. "Well then," he said to no one in particular. "Perhaps two hundred years or so is long enough. It's time to write a new story, for once. Hope to see you there, Brother."