Announcement [Tianrui Ren PK]

Moo_bot

Ren wrote sixty postal cards on the last day of his life, and asked an attendant to mail them. Then he passed away.

The cards read:

I am departing from this world.
This is my last announcement.

Tianrui Ren
20th of the Snow's Maiden, SA 126

Spoiler

To his daughter Meixing @lillyeveans he leaves his flute, whispering old stories.

To his granddaughter Li-Mei @discojazz he leaves his tea set, more beautiful for all its mending.

To his son Ryu @Froschli he leaves his jian, forged by an old friend.

To his daughter Rei he leaves his bo staff, fused with the winds.

To his daughter Mei he leaves his recipe notes, honed with time.

To his daughter Fumi @tadabug2000 he leaves his goats, loyal to the last.

To his nephew Kin @AnimeWolf0080 he leaves Tubbers, a messenger and comfort.

To his daughter Noi @worldeltaii he leaves his books, culture and guidance.

To his niece Liu @carebear he leaves his brush, meditation in motion.

Spoiler

To all of LOTC - thank you for the friends I have made, the stories I have experienced, and lessons learnt. I will not be returning to this community, but feel free to reach out. Commissions open ;) 

It has been a strange 3-odd years. Noodles, don't noodles. 

Spoiler

A farmer's long walk,
may take them through muddy fields,
but! there blooms lotus

Kin would have been peaceful on a ship.... before a very fat bird who he hadn't seen in years came swimming to him. He scooped up the bird... 'Tubbers' taking the paper off the bird, somehow it was kept dry. Reading it... he started to slowly sink to the floor. Cupping his head in his hands with wide eyes as hot tears started to stream down his face.... His sister.... his uncle.... dead. The last of his family from yong ping.... gone. Life and the world as he knew it would never be the same.

Tianrui Noi screams, echoing throughout the cave she was living in. She should've returned home sooner, the guilt was settling in.

IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, ALSO SEE:

Ren's letter happened to arrive as Liu was burying her sister. She looked down at the announcement, wondering what it said because she's blind. She pocketed it, going back to crying over her dead Jie-jie

Spoiler

ily coffee, so glad i met you in this community <3 i'll miss uncle ren teaching liu how to commit art fraud

Limei would remain with her family, caring for them in their grief, honoring Ren in her own. She'd cherish the tea set, promising to always remember that there is no lotus without mud first. 

Spoiler

OOC: DOUBLE HOMICIDE - but actually, ilysm coffee, so grateful to have met you, and created a story alongside Ren. Ily forever. And i'll never trust an Italian with a green broach <3

Spoiler

Quit, Don't Quit, NOODLES.....no no no, Noodles, Don't Noodles, QUITTING! 

Spoiler

Edited by discojazz

Zavar looks back to his time around Yong Ping the time he spent with what he knew to be akin to a second family, the laughs the great food nearly shedding a tear he then finishes reading the missive he notices something missing. "Wub? Mi nub get anything?" The Goblin  Zammyrai scoffs in disbelief as he states "Mi gruk dey nevah got ovah da tzunami fing"

Yunya mourned her brother-in-law much like she did her daughter. Quiet tears leaving her as she sought and provided solace both from her beloved wife.

A whim brought a certain wood elf to their mailbox one day, a welcome break from the Wisps' whirlpools of creating - only to be greeted with one of these postal cards. It takes them a moment to compute before quietly settling themselves on the grass, mind suddenly running blank.

The first thing to fill that void, then, after so many minutes, was a certain roll of silk.

"... Guess I'll make ya somethin'."

A boy would be crossing the fields with some scrolls in hand, as he sat at the top under a peach tree. He began to write some poems as he felt the rushing wind

someone from his home land was gone

the Sakura leaves fly high, leave a raid to the sky

a question remained in his mind as he lightly prayed.

but who?

Tianrui Fumi mourned the man she'd come to know as her father. She lit incense, and tended dutifully to his urn and she soon turned back home, to those herd of Goats. It was feeding time and the Goats wait for noone.

Twilight would have been sad that they never got to go out and get tea.

"Goodbye old man" Spoke a pallid old crone untouched by age herself, "Hana ga kareru tabi ni,-betsu no hana ga sono basho o shimerukaradesu." she'd light a stick of incense for the kind tea maker.

An ashen woman adorned in only pink and blue had somehow heard the news of the man who married her to her wife's passing, "Ehhhhh?! I thought he was an elf those ain't supposed to die!" she'd send a mass of green sparkles into the face of he who told her, quite literally shooting the messenger "Don't play with me! Silly!"

Somewhere an elfess with ginger locks that faded into silver sat, frowning upon having the news reach her months from now- years. A soft breath was drawn inwards as she'd cradle a chalice of a fine red wine, indulging on it in mourning. "An elf with prestige and character little have these days." She'd brood, recalling not only the kindness of Ren, but his lovely teashop.