PCSwift, PCSlow

Discord:

PCSwift#3691

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Player Conduct violation

What circumstances led to this ban?

This ban had occurred due to an incident in Celia'nor, where I had no forethought and decided to go forth with a horrible decision to partake in memey, and jokey roleplay. I made an extremely off-color remark that led to a player feeling uncomfortable, and unwelcome on LoTC. Nobody should ever have to feel this way on a server that can be used to escape from these very situations in real life, and for me to have made someone feel like that on this server is unfair, and wrong. In the future, I have to know that different people play this server for different reasons, and I have to respect that. I can't encroach upon these values for a cheap joke, as it invalidates the server's trust between players. 

After this incident had occured, I made sure to apologize to the individual that I had offended, and asked them if they are alright after what I said. They were, and had a right, to be offended and weirded out by me in one of my worst moments in a very long time. It made me feel embarrassed, and downright disgusted with myself to know I had made someone feel that way. This situation will not happen again, because it stalled all roleplay around it, and caused a bigger scene than what had been intended. I was not thinking of consequences, in fact, I was not thinking at all, I was just trying to make a quick joke, with no regard to the people around me. This is not who I am, nor who I wish to be known as. I wish for a second chance to prove that I am better than this, and will make this server a much better place. 

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

No, I do not disagree with any aspects of this ban. This ban was a deserved punishment for violating the player conduct rules. I believe that I have served the two month sentence, and am ready to make a return onto LoTC, making sure to keep an eye out of how others may precieve what I say.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I believe that LoTC is a great vehicle for storytelling and an even better way for me to reconnect with old friends. They have seemed to return to the server, and I wish to join them to make some more memories, and enjoy my time with them. I want to make people feel welcome and comfortable on a server that I used to use to escape from the harshness of real life, and giving these people a safe place would be enough for me to return as well. I will not only make an effort to, I will make sure that everyone around me in game and in voice chats feels not only comfortable, but welcomed around me. I do not want people to feel like I am a negative influence on this server, nor would I want to be a negative influence on people. I think that people deserve more than just the time of day, they deserve respect and kindness. This is what I try my best to bring onto LoTC, if I am welcomed back onto this server.

Attach other relevant information.

Nothing else, thanks for taking the time to read my appeal :)

Unbanned.

I'll escalate this to admin if you make another off-color remark. No more chances.