Fishing Plugin When?

Adelemphii

Do you like fishing? Write some RP items for me.

Go to this Google Forms link and read the description thoroughly.

I've made a far simpler submission form HERE, the above should only be used by people who are confident they will not mess up the YML formatting.

I'll search through them personally, and determine whether or not they're sufficient to be added to a fishing plugin. Cheers, if this goes well we'll be able to get the fishing plugin out faster. \:)

Edit: I had a small oversight that you folk can't preview these things so you have no clue if the item will look good, so I wrote a quick plugin to download and import your zip files from google drive. To use it, you have to log onto my 1.16.5 server (You can join with versions up to 1.18.2, unsure about 1.19.4), the ip is:

adele.156112.xyz

Creation & Submission Process
How To Import Your Changes On My Dev Server

Note: The Import Plugin does NOT support .rar files.

Edit: There are a lot of issues popping up, and I've realized I've given a somewhat technical task to people who may not know anything about YML files or the likes. Therefore I am going to work on a better way of doing this, feel free to keep submitting files to the form, but currently the import plugin process is finnicky if you do not format your YAML file correctly. (I.e. using TABs instead of SPACES, forgetting to put "" when making a new line in the lore, etc)

Edited by Adelemphii

Aevos Conch

This conch found in the waters around Aevos has a broadly triangular shell with a wide lip that frequently protrudes towards the peak that is both attractive, ornamental and is sized between 20-30 cm, the meat is pink and white in appearance and if eaten raw it will taste mildly sweet with a chewy texture that is rubbery and squishy, a flavor of crab with undertones of salmon.

Uncommon
found in Lukewarm ocean and warm ocean biome

feel free to throw some feedback about this my way.

Edited by Wulfric

Ancient Trident

This three-pronged spears head is 14'' long and made of Corinthian bronze, giving it a dark purple colour. The handle is 5,5 feet in length and made of copper that has long since oxidized, giving the handle a blue-green colour. The outer two points of the spear head has concave curves along the outside and grooves adorning the bottom of the outer points.

Epic
found in Lukewarm ocean, deep lukewarm ocean, deep ocean, ocean and warm ocean

first time making a weapon desc, how did i do?

Edited by Wulfric

All I ask is if custom fish are made a la Vortex:

PLEASE DON'T DO THE CUSTOM WEIGHT/size THING, IT JUST CLUTTERS INVENTORIES.

aside from that, I love this idea and would like for region/biome specific fishing to make a return.

24 minutes ago, Mannamannaa said:

All I ask is if custom fish are made a la Vortex:

PLEASE DON'T DO THE CUSTOM WEIGHT/size THING, IT JUST CLUTTERS INVENTORIES.

aside from that, I love this idea and would like for region/biome specific fishing to make a return.

I'd argue competing to get bigger fish is part of the fun - can have actual proper competitions to get the biggest fish, can sell them for more, can make it so they fill your hunger bar more or less depending on size - in short, ignore this individual temporarily

Luke 23:34 "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do mean when it comes to custom fish"

add fishing nets and like, sacks of fish that you can carry on you so all the weighted fish don't clog up your inv

Limb of the Krakken

A long undulating tentacle from a giant squid, also known as the Krakken! No idea how you managed to snag this hunk of meat off surprisingly whole. Spongy and soft the meat would cook into a tender white with the flavor of the sea.

Epic
Found in Ocean, Deep Ocean, Deep Lukewarm Ocean, Deep Cold Ocean, Deep Frozen Ocean

Great Shark Fin

A large shark fin off a rather large shark, pointed and rough it would make a nice piece on a mantle or make a decent meal. The hidden properties of this fishs fin comes from brewing, as the fermented meat makes some potent and tasty alcohol.

Uncommmon
Found in Ocean, Lukewarm Ocean, Warm Ocean

Pearls of various rarity and color

A pearl of creamy (insert hue: Scarlet, Golden, Lilac, Emerald, Sky Blue, Rainbow, ect.) polished and smoothed by the sands of the sea, giving off a faint scent of brine. (Large/med/small) in size with a (faint, glowing, luminous, brilliant) shine to it.

Common to Epic
All Ocean Biomes

I've added a new google form link for simpler submission, useful for those who do not think they can format the YML files correctly.

Here,

https://forms.gle/QuHD5pownX3rNh8u8

1 hour ago, ReveredOwl said:

add fishing nets and like, sacks of fish that you can carry on you so all the weighted fish don't clog up your inv

what adam said, just thought of it when I clicked back onto this post - add some unique thing that functions like a shulker box that u may or may not have to place down to open, maybe a command to open a chest thing if u have the item in ur hand

I would also add something that discourages afk fishing
Because some people have autofishers and they just walk away and reap the benefits
There used to be hard to kill Silverfish and even TNT that you had to dodge to stop autofishers.

11 hours ago, Wulfric said:

Ancient Trident

This three-pronged spears head is 14'' long and made of Corinthian bronze, giving it a dark purple colour. The handle is 5,5 feet in length and made of copper that has long since oxidized, giving the handle a blue-green colour. The outer two points of the spear head has concave curves along the outside and grooves adorning the bottom of the outer points.

Epic
found in Lukewarm ocean, deep lukewarm ocean, deep ocean, ocean and warm ocean

first time making a weapon desc, how did i do?

Not using metric. . .

magic plugin when?

18 hours ago, Sarven said:

Not using metric. . .

outdated measurement system for a outdated weapon :p