A FALLING ROSE

beetle

Theroden mourns the princess privately, adding her name to his daily prayer to the AllFather. “She was truly a beacon of hope and our people have few enough of those. Another Ruric gone before her time.”

The armored 'ker sat upon the beach with the missive of his pupils death crumpled up within his fist. He sat there in silence, save for the crackling pyre that was behind him further inland. Moments would pass before he would sigh out a "So much for finishing those lessons..." He then stood with the paper in hand, and as he walked past the fire he discarded it- letting it become floating embers in the night sky.

3 hours ago, envy said:

HELLO??????????????

Confused Screaming GIF - Confused Screaming - Discover & Share GIFs

Spoiler

it's been three ******* hours and i still CANNOT stop laughing 

Eloise stares at the missive, tears falling softly onto it.
"I didn't mean it, Rosa," her voice, weak and crackling with grief, spoke to an empty room "For the first time, of all the cruel things I've ever said to anybody, I didn't mean it..."

Upon hearing the news of the princess' passing, the armored man would hum. Such a hum that was oh so fmailiar to the princess whenever they interacted.

The man was in a camp, deep in the woods. He'd remove his helmet and place it on the ground beside him.

He'd chuckle...His shoulders following his actions...He'd then begin to laugh maniacly, his voice echoing in the empty woods.

"vy faught well...Rosalind..but pillars fall not long after being disturbedHe would say out loud, his features going back to being blank and null of any emotion after his manic episode...

Another one down...

A Waldenian woman sat in the comfort of her new home. She stared out the window that overlooked the main street of Minitz, heart heavy with guilt. She had heard of Rosalind's passing and couldn't help herself wishing she had done more. She found herself eventually writing a letter addressed to Rosalind, but knew she would never get it. 

"Dear Rosalind,

Ever since the day my husband had introduced us, I have always thought of you as a daughter. Even if you have your own parents, and our exchanges were short, I am proud of to have known you throughout your life. If only you had more time, I am sure you would've changed the world for the better. I wish there were more people out there like that. I am saddened that you will not be around anymore for my children, but your legacy will live on through them. I will make sure of that.

Rest in Peace,

Annette "

She folded up the parchment and put it under her pillow. She let out an exasperated sigh, tears beginning to fall from her cheeks.

Fabian Kortrevich learns of his childhood friend's passing upon the return of a wedding invitation. He recalls a soft-spoken girl for whom he travelled a tundra to deliver flowers; a stoic princess who guided him through a stony labyrinth to freedom; a wounded warrior upon his door. 

He leans back in his office chair overlooking Valdeva city Rosalind will never see; a city, he thinks to himself with a sniffle and a bitter smile, she would have hated. The tears were coming, then, hot and unwelcome; he was a man now, a grown man, not the tow-headed child who thought the pagan princess who pressed a diamond in his hands for his homeless friend was the nicest girl he'd ever met, and now she was gone. 

She was gone. 

It would be a long and quiet night in the soon-to-be-wed's apartments, save for the occasional, broken sob, and murmured prayers to a God she had not believed in.

Although only meeting the princess once, Juniper let out a wistful sigh upon the news of her death "She seemed lovely... a shame I did not know her better." - "I hope her twin is okay, it's always worse being the one who was left behind."