Preserving YOUR Liberty

Preserving YOUR Liberty

dCdZ8Z07i8L19Md_otNpSDuwmLZhwKzvG2FJWXhZHODmYnMmqDjIVDxQuxPZ0MsUtywn5GqH2pwyPR5AGLiCg4ZfPg0G1eLo0Y6xt42xHdCC0dDi3ACw4FSLVlu49URbYhJRsg59rxgcqZOgGTDCpg

Throughout my years in Haense, I, Skaul MacSkaul, have humbly served the people of Haense through the Brotherhood of St. Karl, enlisting the moment I stepped foot into the nation. I have risen through the ranks as an aged Sergeant, and a squire of the realm.

When someone needs help, I answer the call.

With age, I wish to represent the people in another form, through the Peoples’ Duma. I am not just a military man, but a giving one too. Where can you find evidence of this, you might ask? Look no further than to Operation Borsch, a task set out to provide beets to all of the people of Failor, led by Armsman Demitrey Novikov and myself. 

I will represent ALL equally!

MY PROMISES TO THE PEOPLE

I. THE DEFENSE OF JORENIC RIGHTS

Written into law by Arthur Stafyr, I pledge to uphold the principles of Jorenic Rights, which are:

“To each freeman is his own life, to take it is to be a thief,

To each freeman his own time, to take it is to be a slaver,

To each freeman his own sword, to take it is to blind him,

To each freeman his own wife, to take it is to injure him,

And to each freeman his own farm, to take is to make him no man.”

I take each one of these rights to heart and in my term as Alderman, no one shall even think of revoking them.

II. LOWER THE COST OF DRINK

Carrion black is a symbol of Haeseni culture, and as such should be given out nearly for no more than five minas, the only profits being used to produce more of it!

III. ENSURE ALL CITIZENS THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

A weak population means a weak kingdom. Without our citizens being able to defend themselves and as such our kingdom, what more is our kingdom than free real estate? If I am your alderman, then I promise to ensure every citizen the right to bear arms during my term.

IV. EXPAND THE BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT KARLS MIGHT

I plan on pushing to lower the age of enlistment and increasing how much pressure we put on citizens to join the military. As the Brotherhood is our pride and joy and should be held close to all Haeseni hearts, we should do as much as we can to expand it. 

V. GENERAL STATEMENTS

I promise to keep Duma and its members honest and loyal to the people of Haense

I promise to work with the people of Haense by holding meetings, public or private, so they can voice complaints, concerns, or suggestions

And last but not least, I promise to remain truthful to the people I have worked most of my life to defend.

Vote for your rights…

VOTE FOR SKAUL MACSKAUL

Haus scans the missive with a unamused expression, shaking his head

"Where was my help when I stared down a orc trying to kill me, and the Brotherhood not only stood by and watched, but forced it to happen?" He ponders, bitterly recalling how his own comrades-in-arms nearly cost him his life.

"Wait- The Jorenic Rights were tradition before Arthur came into his role. And the Haeseni people have never been forsaken from carrying weapons - who is this man's source?"

Alyona Godunov took another gander at the multiple candidate campaigns that had emerged in the last month. However, one in particular caught her eye: Skaul McSkaul. "A man who wishes to preserve our Haeseni heritage through our military and price of Carrion Black? Oh, well, ea canniet say no to that. Ea must wish him luck through his campaign!"

Ser Arthur Gant looked to the sword he carried at his hip. "By GOD, it would no' surprise me if one o' these quill-pushers came fer me steel," he thought to himself, as he drummed his fingers against its pommel. "Skaul is an 'onourable man. Worthy o' me vote!"