A Golden Speech

PJTips.

-TSi8JXdcWFnrFCUiYih9lhgOPX8fWXMYXzoi8wi4Vcv5UYuyN6KwKqj3Ik1Tg3Uqxb13jRHoDTXDyREctrLxp79ZmNyoCLQvuhNnlZ22Skr54qJzoGjnD6fRsb0OmLrErkAQXhP1VUEtpCEO3N00ZUxJn2a-3vpLK-5RXyJxWIm_hlPyjPZsOd4gpLKPm6GH6gW5TmrzT0p3TF1gB_8w4dv8_9UUTLl0yBAQuor8Qq2HRExTnWA8ayDXBFYuvUG4ZFTNAgcN0aycpbFqkYXDe4z7NsHDu0

10th of the Sun's Smile, Year 133 

((18th June 2023))

Conan would clear his throat, before speaking to a crowd gathered in the square

For the sake of this Grand Kingdom, I shall not waste time in explaining my own credentials as my own appearance speaks volumes. 

I shall aim to speak clearly and concisely. 

As you gaze upon me, the beads on my beard and every wrinkle upon my face tells a story.

And if I were to recount my past and mention every achievement I have accomplished, we could very well be here all day.

For over 500 years, I have faithfully served this Grand Kingdom and dedicated myself to it with unwavering loyalty, just as many of you have.

Yet throughout my lifetime, I have stood beside more than 20 Kings, where I offered my expertise and support.

Not only this, I am a hero to some during the Eighteen Years' War, where I lost my own hand in the process.

Yet despite these many years of experience, I had never sought out for power and quite frankly, it saddens my old dwarven soul to see this Kingdom in its current state to where I feel obligated to step forward to perhaps lead this Grand nation.

I have purchased every gem, every mineral, every heirloom imaginable over my years as a merchant, and I have learnt that you cannot buy experience.

If elected as Grand King, I shall use my expertise as a Goldhand merchant to embark the blessings of Armakak in refilling our coffers, resetting the cultural foundations, and steering our beloved Grand Kingdom towards a brighter future. 

It is fair to comment that Garedyn the Green has more selflessly served this kingdom than I in recent times. By his own regard, he's practically been running the kingdom throughout the past two reigns - and look what state we're in. He is too young to inherit a Kingdom in such a state. Urguan right now needs a calloused and grizzled old dwed such as myself.

A veteran, a leader.

My plans are clear and actionable, and my reign will be brief.

Garedyn will be a good king when he runs at the next election, because I will ensure he inherits an Urguan with an enriched culture and treasury.

That is all.

Edited by PJ/Redmayne

1 minute ago, PJ/Redmayne said:

A veteran, a leader.

"Nae offense teh ye Conan, ye are a buddeh o moine. But when teh demons attacked us a few stone days ago, ye could nae flip teh lever to close teh gates." He commented to himself sighing. "Though it is true, that oi lack experience. I 'ope teh make up for et with effort. Yemekar and Armakak guide ye Conan. Oi respect ye greatleh as a greybeard" He nodded, and continued to organise many files and folders of the resources pouring into Urguan, and tax ledgers and so on in his office.

9 minutes ago, _RoyalCrafter_ said:

"Nae offense teh ye Conan, ye are a buddeh o moine. But when teh demons attacked us a few stone days ago, ye could nae flip teh lever to close teh gates." He commented to himself sighing. "Though it is true, that oi lack experience. I 'ope teh make up for et with effort. Yemekar and Armakak guide ye Conan. Oi respect ye greatleh as a greybeard" He nodded, and continued to organise many files and folders of the resources pouring into Urguan, and tax ledgers and so on in his office.

"Nae offense t' ye Garedyn, but maybe as steward ye' could've ensured t' kingdom has a gate system that actually works. And could ye' remind me who it was t'at rode to the paladins and summoned them? I appreciate all ye' do. But don't count yer chickens before t'ey hatch beardling."

is what Conan would reply if he had heard this comment.

Edited by PJ/Redmayne

16 minutes ago, PJ/Redmayne said:

"Nae offense t' ye Garedyn, but maybe as steward ye' could've ensured t' kingdom has a gate system that actually works. And could ye' remind me who it was t'at rode to the paladins and summoned them? I appreciate all ye' do. But don't count yer chickens before t'ey hatch beardling."

is what Conan would reply if he had heard this comment.

"Oi Uncle, Garedyn. Stop arguing about the election, we're in a hunt right now!" Thalgrim called over nearby with a grumble, fending off a raptor attacking Goimbar Goldhand with an axe.