An Invitation to Learn

HazelWazel

Pieces of thick recycled parchment seem to be found at random within the wilds, deep within forests, and caves. Where one would wander, one may just happen to stumble upon the odd carefully written letter.

Spoiler

jlCgQcOpge12Gu-w4cusMBjAWng_Ve2kmVFUtnKsOu5JNEo8MGmIIEatz9MiOu1xhr3pF0soamu2p6JFvcC-yr3G13BT1oorQYusOrK7Natue97LPNNz5sW2KgnlRQDG7aUrN2gz3HzkYjazXPX5EAM

YKeJ2pqlYMT0Xy0dxuldRpTmSpCjjKetTLeE-YBGRCUUq6otNuXE3O0t6hDsSROjUaPpzOdXFxrpjNRZGx5_x3LVz1gNTWPorhGJTuB48wM4-XN2WOPx2oaf5rqKFkif4laAj9c354TFUlVJEYUsanc

zOHoQa9JmeM78A6ZEidutadmqvLoh8o6Wc7cV-eKO8otA4dgKe_VuNva746q4ebTDUsSZtSOeIVh8vJaonbinK8WTz9-MZL4uiyZ8z73muHrJslJFs4h4mJmgyifjvw1bpmnUVNLBrOF7Q5mwdXDxIM

It is in the nature of a druid to wander, for if they lose themselves within the wilds and amongst the voices, are they truly lost? 

For as long as I have been a druid it has not been odd for one day a brother or sister to just disappear without a single utterance or warning. We all know when the wilds whisper, we heed and answer their call without hesitation. It is not something we can fight, not that we could try to. I myself have seen it occur hundreds of times over, even experiencing the call for myself.

It has been long since I have returned, but something had still remained unsettled within me, nagging at my very core. I had assumed, nay I had hoped, that those I were in the midst of guiding and teaching would be looked after and cared for. I fear I was wrong to hope such.

I know we try our best to assure our brothers and sisters reach their fullest potential, but there are some I know who are out there that have slipped between our fingers. Forgotten druid who perhaps have given up and believe they have passed the time where they can learn. This, I promise you, is not true.

I reach out to you now, to offer you a path to your fullest potential. You need not be ashamed, for I too was once lost. Please seek me or send a letter, for the only way to begin is by beginning.

Moon Pillar of the Asul’Fiyem - Scorpion Druid

Elenora Divadri

jlCgQcOpge12Gu-w4cusMBjAWng_Ve2kmVFUtnKsOu5JNEo8MGmIIEatz9MiOu1xhr3pF0soamu2p6JFvcC-yr3G13BT1oorQYusOrK7Natue97LPNNz5sW2KgnlRQDG7aUrN2gz3HzkYjazXPX5EAM

"Oh mein Godan." A Blinded Waldenian would state when the missive was read to her.

a musin read over the missive and scoffed “missing? Those who praise the spirits are never lost or missing. Leave it to the nature dwellers to make people question themselves.” he tossed the missive onto his stone table for laughs later

Edited by Turbo_Dog
Italics and misread, corrected reply

Raziel Amethil shoots a fireball towards his little niece while nodding in agreement, "Teaching is good, Ele!"

Malii'evarir would read the note she found on a hunt as she camped for the night. Then she read it again. And again. Each time the hysterical laughter she'd broken into growing before she crumpled the paper and threw it into the fire. "Ah the hunt's ruined, but by the mother I've gotta tell the others about this" she says as the laughter finally subsides and she wipes the tears from her eyes.

17 hours ago, HazelWazel said:

I know we try our best to assure our brothers and sisters reach their fullest potential, but there are some I know who are out there that have slipped between our fingers. Forgotten druid who perhaps have given up and believe they have passed the time where they can learn. This, I promise you, is not true.

I reach out to you now, to offer you a path to your fullest potential. You need not be ashamed, for I too was once lost. Please seek me or send a letter, for the only way to begin is by beginning.

While drifting across Aevos in one of his stoner journeys, Earnest would come across a duplicate of this parchment in the jungles of Balian. "... man, what the-" He clicked his tongue in aggravation. "These damn dense druii, hypocrites- all'a them," he grumbled, crumbling up the parchment. But, not wanting to be a litter-bug, the greying old elf simply stuffed it into his pocket. "Anyone with a shred'a smarts would know not ta learn from 'em, they'll all just leave you with a lott'a hurt in th' end." 

The ghostly black cat, that had followed him ever since his expulsion from the Eternal Forests, slinked its way out from behind a tree. If a man grumbles in the middle of a jungle, did it ever truly happen?, the figment of his imagination would hum, blue eyes looking to him in an annoyingly cheeky manner. Why do you bother talking to yourself?

"I don't, 'm talkin' to you," Earnest retorted, carrying on his way. The sounds of his stomping on layers of dead leaves followed him as he went, the cat weaving its way through the trees behind him.