[✗] Fjarriagua [Rewrite]

Diogen

I would first like to say that I am abundantly in love with everything that you've written, even before all the various incredible additions that you made in the formatting of the post!

Now, since this is a question nobody really asked, I suppose I'll just ask this myself! : >

What specifically was the idea behind making the Jokul? I am aware that people have compared them to Heralds and I think corcs, basically as the initial stages of any who wish to join the various covens, making it a more subtle progression than just "Normal Mortal > Powerful Man-Eating Immortal Witch of Frost" 

But ignoring said outside context, what purpose are the Jokul meant to serve within a coven of Fjarriagua and Vaettr?

10 minutes ago, Agy said:

I would first like to say that I am abundantly in love with everything that you've written, even before all the various incredible additions that you made in the formatting of the post!

Now, since this is a question nobody really asked, I suppose I'll just ask this myself! : >

What specifically was the idea behind making the Jokul? I am aware that people have compared them to Heralds and I think corcs, basically as the initial stages of any who wish to join the various covens, making it a more subtle progression than just "Normal Mortal > Powerful Man-Eating Immortal Witch of Frost" 

But ignoring said outside context, what purpose are the Jokul meant to serve within a coven of Fjarriagua and Vaettr?

Thank you! I'm really glad you like the lore

As for the Jokul, it's for multiple reasons, actually. I'll get to it below.

For one, while Fjarriagua filled the niche of shapeshifting, cunning witches that mostly focus on deceit, we have always lacked the niche that is a frost knight. Not having the proper magic & lore to back it up, even though it could technically be imitated in current lore, albeit horribly so.

Another thing is that, while we are a gender-locked magic - which plays a part in what makes us stand out - the original creation of Fjarriagua way way back then was when misogyny was at an all-time high on lotc, the CA being made to counter that as man-hating magical feminists. But putting that in this current day and time, it feels extremely outdated. The lore can do better being anti-society than needlessly hating on men and revolving a whole magic on it.
Although, while the Jokul FA now allows male personas to become apart of the cult, we will still stick to gender-locking the MA & CA as, once again, it's something that without, frost witches wouldn't be frost witches anymore.

This also helps the idea of having lesser soldiers under the coven, while being a great way of introducing one to the coven, giving them a taste of our flavor of RP as a whole and sort of being a 'trial period' to most. While keeping the FA viable on its own so if one were to remain there, they wouldn't grow bored of it, and get to thoroughly enjoy partaking in coven activities while enhancing their RP experience as a tainted Descendant.

Thank you so very much for responding! And in that case, I do believe the Jøkul will work wonderfully if that is their goal! :}

Additionally, since you touched on the topic of the origins of the Fjarrigua, I want to also ask regarding this:

On 8/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, Diogen said:

A haggard creature, consumed with unimaginable grief, sadness and anger, over both witness and participation of the murder of both sides of the battle. A creature, that grew to detest all Descendant life, due to their horrible nature

The end to the backstory is rather intriguing...?

In terms of fitting in with the Fjarrigua I mean, on it's own I think it's pretty sweet!

It seemingly implies that any cruelty or hatred against the outside world that the Fjarriagua may harbour, is not a product of their frozen little souls or the Entity's influence, but rather a tragic loss of innocence to the mindless and pathetic squabbles of the various Descendant tribes, kingdoms and nations

And how this brought ruin and death to the home of the (seemingly?) first of all Fjarriagua and her people, manifesting as a need for vengeance and irrational distrust against all of Descendants.

Which in all honesty, I don't see as an issue at all! It certainly brings the idea that this conflict irreversibly altered what would've possibly been a more neutral to possibly good hearted magic, that was then tragically corrupted by the grief of Freya

But that's just my silly take! :]

Why did you write the ending in such a way?

Edited by Agy
I really need to proof-read these, ehehe

On 8/13/2023 at 2:39 PM, Diogen said:

-A player-signed item with a brief description of the disguise is required to be in the Fjarriagua’s inventory.

Hey hi, so with this specifically does this mean my frost witch will now have to carry every item used in her disguise? So, teeth, hair, someone's ears.. all on her at all times I'm in the disguise? 

On that note, are disguises easily broken, can you cast in them now?

1 minute ago, Agy said:

Thank you so very much for responding! And in that case, I do believe the Jøkul will work wonderfully if that is their goal! :}

Additionally, since you touched on the topic of if the origins of the Fjarrigua, I need to ask regarding this:

The end to the backstory is rather odd...?

In terms of fitting in with the Fjarrigua I mean, on it's own I think it's pretty sweet!

It seemingly implies that any cruelty or hatred against the outside world that the Fjarriagua may harbour is not a product of their frozen little souls or the Entity's influence, but rather a tragic loss of innocence to the mindless and pathetic squabbles of the various Descendant tribes, kingdoms and nations

And how this brought ruin and death to all the home of the (seemingly?) first of all Fjarriagua and her people, manifesting as a form of need for vengeance and irrational distrust against all of them

Which in all honesty, I don't mind all thay much, it certainly brings the idea that this conflict seemingly irreversibly altered what would've been a more neutral to possibly good hearted magic, that has tragically corrupted by the grief of Freya

But that's just my silly take! :]

Why did you write the ending in such a way?

I love your perspective on it honestly

For me, I liked the idea of the magic not just being a "become evil!!!" magic. At first, it was believed to be a 'holy' magic, all things considered with how things were in the backstory. While it promoted dislike & hatred to those who didn't worship it, people were quick to convert to it seeing how it helped in wielding the ice that contributed to the harshness of their land, as well as being able to weaponize it for healing and combat, completely overlooking the corruption of the magic itself until it was too late. Freya being the first actual victim of it.

In my mind at least, I believe it to be more of a situation where Freya was the one who was most likely to succumb to its corruption, given the character's backstory & personality, which is why she was first to be affected by it, and first to begin spreading the belief to people. A curse that laid dormant until she succumbed to enough pain and grief, freezing her soul whole in the process

1 minute ago, _mady07 said:

Hey hi, so with this specifically does this mean my frost witch will now have to carry every item used in her disguise? So, teeth, hair, someone's ears.. all on her at all times I'm in the disguise? 

On that note, are disguises easily broken, can you cast in them now?

Nope, when it comes to body parts and whatnot, you just need to do the RP of harvesting them, without having to player-sign them. Simply emote using these parts in the creation process.

The only thing you really need to sign for Disguising is the disguise itself, giving a brief description of the disguise's appearance as well as the effects provided (such as body warmth)

As for disguises breaking and casting within them, there are specific spells that cannot  be casted while disguised, while a few allow such a thing for the sake of balancing. Disguises can be manually activated / deactivated by the Fjarriagua wearing it, and in order to shatter the disguise, one would need to tear that accessory out of their grasp, or destroy it.

Amazing. Brought me back from the dead to comment +1

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.