[✗] Fjarriagua [Rewrite]

Diogen

yippee

3 hours ago, Diogen said:

Silence - [Combat/Non-Combat] [3]

A loud shriek is let out within the victim’s mind. Such an act disrupts any currently casting mage, as well as disallowing casting, as a migraine takes over. The victim becomes unable to hear anything around them, unless the person addressing them is within [5/3/1] blocks around them.

Like this rewrite a lot, though I am unsure if this means the cursed target is completely unable to cast for the full 3 ooc days? If so that's exceptionally powerful for the emote count and the ability to whisper the spell.

Ignore these my phone won't let me delete them >.>

12 minutes ago, ClassyDryad said:

Like this rewrite a lot, though I am unsure if this means the cursed target is completely unable to cast for the full 3 ooc days? If so that's exceptionally powerful for the emote count and the ability to whisper the spell.

Ignore these my phone won't let me delete them >.>

Meant to be for the rest of the encounter, thanks for pointing it out. Did a quick revision on the writing.
Lmk if you have any more feedback or any better ideas to that specific hex

also glad you like the lore!!

Absolutely fantastic lore. My only concern would be potential counters to some of the frost based spells by holy magic, let alone fire abillities, whether mundane (alchemy) or magical such as voidal spells and something like a nephilim’s dragonfire. 

47 minutes ago, Jentos said:

Absolutely fantastic lore. My only concern would be potential counters to some of the frost based spells by holy magic, let alone fire abillities, whether mundane (alchemy) or magical such as voidal spells and something like a nephilim’s dragonfire. 

tysm!
and yeah, i've been wanting to work on expanding more into counters & redlines with interactions with other forms of lore. as i'm unfortunately not too well versed in other forms of lore i'm struggling with that specifically, but i tossed the rewrite to a few people to share to their azdrazi/templar/paladin communities to see if anyone from there has specific things they'd like to point out or suggest for me to add in terms of lore interactions and counters

right now it's pretty late but sometime tomorrow i'll be adding a bunch more stuff regarding that as well as making text less flowery for mechanics

and formatting. god help me.

It has been a long journey in the community. We've all had our bumps in activity and interest-plunge here and there but it's been an absolute thrill thanks to many of the people helping keeping things going as a community not only in leadership but throughout the entirety of the playerbase. I've had alot of amazing rp with all of you and I'm excited to get things back on track, I hope with the potential acceptance of this rewrite we can reach the majority-narrative for players who are less familiar with our rp and get people interested in interacting with our community. Though I was too busy to work directly on the final drafts; Dio put his absolute most into not only bringing out my ideas but our community's input to a solid piece that should at the very least give us some direction depending on player responses and verdict. Another huge shoutout to @Diogen for shouldering all of this over the past couple of months and for being one of the strongest pillars any of us in fw leadership have had to keep us in the right direction. 

hey, why is nobody arguing, these rewrite posts always have fun arguments to read in the comments. start fighting already!

Edit: Good, Flemish got the fun started, now someone call somebody a ****

Very nice lore, though I do have 2 concerns;

In past, Azdrazi have had their polymorphs nerfed as getting a new polymorph can allow you to avoid consequences for your actions. A little worried about the same applying to this lore.

Secondly, with the hexes, I feel like this offers little recourse to a rather potent ability. You could hex someone under your breath and give them reduced sight or reduced movement for 3 whole days, with the victim being unable to do much against it? I feel like this will be abused by people just doing it during, for example, busy events, so that you have no real way of knowing who's doing this to you, similar to those blood magic things where you make people bleed out of their eyes, except with more tangible effects. If the effects weren't so major, the lengthy duration could be possible, but I think the reduced movement and reduced sight shouldn't last for 3 days, because you can very easily get away with the whispering hex. I don't think it's very fun or fair to get a message saying that your eyes are foggy and you're unable to see past 7 blocks for 3 whole days without any real way to find out who did this to you after some frostwitch whispered a hex from a place where no one could hear or see her whispering emote.

3 hours ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

Very nice lore, though I do have 2 concerns;

In past, Azdrazi have had their polymorphs nerfed as getting a new polymorph can allow you to avoid consequences for your actions. A little worried about the same applying to this lore.

Secondly, with the hexes, I feel like this offers little recourse to a rather potent ability. You could hex someone under your breath and give them reduced sight or reduced movement for 3 whole days, with the victim being unable to do much against it? I feel like this will be abused by people just doing it during, for example, busy events, so that you have no real way of knowing who's doing this to you, similar to those blood magic things where you make people bleed out of their eyes, except with more tangible effects. If the effects weren't so major, the lengthy duration could be possible, but I think the reduced movement and reduced sight shouldn't last for 3 days, because you can very easily get away with the whispering hex. I don't think it's very fun or fair to get a message saying that your eyes are foggy and you're unable to see past 7 blocks for 3 whole days without any real way to find out who did this to you after some frostwitch whispered a hex from a place where no one could hear or see her whispering emote.

Yeah I honestly agree with your concerns with hexes, I've been wanting to rework/balance them.

As for disguises, fwitches have always been the shapeshifters of CAs. In current lore, it's just 'spend 2 emotes to turn into ANY female descendant of your choosing'. This rewrite makes it more of an effort to disguise by actually having to craft it yourself via collecting parts & materials and push them to sticking more to a single disguise at a time.

glad you like the lore!!

EDIT: I removed the whisper+ requirement for hexes. they're instead gonna have to be quiet+
If you have any other recommendations lmk

leader or ascended versions of CAs/magics always make me unsure, and i don't really get the purpose of having subtypes for it. 
should there even be so many fjarriagua that there would be one or more of each type of vaettr? additionally, how is vaettr going against their kin and what that means decided? i like the lore, but it feels like the vaettr part is trying to do too much for a playerbase that is not currently there and too much of it dictates RP by redlines that aren't very clear (specifically the mentality section). sometimes less is more imo, but the formatting and the addition of a lesser FA is cool. 

38 minutes ago, Nug said:

leader or ascended versions of CAs/magics always make me unsure, and i don't really get the purpose of having subtypes for it. 
should there even be so many fjarriagua that there would be one or more of each type of vaettr? additionally, how is vaettr going against their kin and what that means decided? i like the lore, but it feels like the vaettr part is trying to do too much for a playerbase that is not currently there and too much of it dictates RP by redlines that aren't very clear (specifically the mentality section). sometimes less is more imo, but the formatting and the addition of a lesser FA is cool. 

we're just moving the ascended CA from current lore onto this lore but adding subtypes to it. they're extremely important as they're basically the coven leaders & the ones who make or break their coven.

when we were active we had a really really large amount of numbers compared to now, so it'll definitely be necessary for the playerbase

the addition of subtypes is to provide a unique style for each coven and make them stand out instead of having them all be the same. each coven & vaettr are equally useful and can fully run things themselves, with the added flavor and theme of their subtype

as for the "going against their kin" redline it's mostly to prevent OOC-fueled & poor roleplay to justify wanting to destroy the CA, as players have done that in the past. just doesnt make sense for an ascended CA that merges their mind with the entity to one day decide to drop all coven information to paladins cause the player had beef with someone else OOC