A Truth Unveiled

JuztLizzy

[!] Parchments are slid into the Haeseni walls

Spoiler

A Devious man lies within your Courts. His identity, his life, is a lie. Many years ago, my sword pierced this man’s heart. He put up a decent fight, but in the end his heart was twisted and shattered.

He was dead.

That was what I thought. Only to be proved wrong, when I saw him laughing cheerfully with his friends mere hours later. I was enraged . That anger has only grown throughout the years. And so, I bring you this news. The Grand Lord of the Queen’s Court lives a false life. One he does not deserve to have.

Your Grand Lord lies.

Fabian Kortrevich, I do hope you and Ileana liked my little surprise. I knew keeping that brat around would come useful  one day. I'm flattered that you wish to find me my dear siblings, but what fun is it if I just let you win the game, just like that? No, this time, we’re playing by my rules.This is my first move, what happens next? Well, we’ll have to wait and see, won't we? I look forward to how the people of Haense take to this information. 

Alas, dear Brother, we aren’t as different as you thought.

Signed,

DCpIct6SHJwdRnDN72N8haM1eJR_PUyNGiHqWUij9zaiqB-X55Li7hA3nvrBmGbBzszzBQd6c6MzKrzg8RhiXpuXUe0SULzK2GmjyRn8iqNh9rQdxQMslTTWyXXmgpCBw0nCFA27O4u8rjZCvIaapIg

Spoiler

All RP between Lizzy and I is in good faith, and storytelling endeavors. Play nice!

Something shatters against the wall of the Grand Lord's office. For a while after there is silence: then, the grinding clatter of a printing press.

Amaya of Venzia slowly sets the missive aside, hands faintly trembling as a glass bottle of Haeseni Carrion slips from her quivering grasp and shatters upon the floor of her chambers.

The fire, indeed, had been stoked.

Within the Barclay Manor in Valdev, Josefina sits beside a flame. Once, she had loved the child named Virgil. Once, she had sought to make him laugh and smile, to break through the icy blankness that inhabited his soul. 

As she sat, watching the page THE TURNCOAT had occupied in her family ledger burn, the once-aunt shed no tears. After all, she could never forgive the crime of harming the innocent, nor the crime of murdering a member of her family.

"Ah, the curse of the Kortrevich brodirs..." Muses an elderly scholar, well versed in the fabled tale of the two Kortrevich Knights of eons past; one dubbed "the Turncoat", and slain by his own brother for his betrayal. "Gud forgive the Turncoat, for he's strayed from your Light... It is simply the fate of the men; the dark and the light among House Kortrevich." The Scholar's brows pinch severely, her own kin scorned by the Turncoat... That night she lights two candles, hoping that Godan might spare him from his inevitable fate, and in honour of her friend, Fabian, that he might find the strength to triumph when the time comes.

A grizzled soldier grimaced at the words on the page. "Ea killed eym once. Ea will do it again, eym heinous bastard."

A tired vasoyev sets a pot of tea atop her stove - stoking the fire beneath it, somewhere deep underground. She paces as she waits for the sound of the creaky door and the heavy footsteps that always follow.