ABDICATION OF A HAMMERHEAD

Wavey

ABDICATION OF A HAMMERHEAD

VXB4YEpF8HA14HWXcp499hh_rPTa8myk6eymDrF3AOEet84ra3He6za29l4zQO8zO7mQj1Tbyt_SQ6Avg-MNigXYjn7Ve-GNHuR0Ycl7I4XsyhuA8Vh3YRm-tzVZOcWms6sIOr_hU7H_hjBR--cbVzg

“By Bones and Barrows.”
Per Ossa et in Barcis

Issued by the County of Marsana
13th of Peter's Glory, 74 B.A.

To my fellow Peers and Citizens,
Last Saint’s Week, I retired from my lifelong service to Balian and His Majesty’s government. However, I must now put the laurels of my titles to rest; for within these two years since my retirement I have found my health to be ailing. Truth be told, my memory has been fading since the final years of my time as Amiratus. I find it harder to remember newer names and sometimes older names day by day. Smaller details escape my mind quite easily now as well. My own and my wife’s physical wellbeing has also waned. Just recently, I have found myself confined to my bedchambers due to an incident where I lost consciousness from a weaker heart, perhaps the stress I have accumulated over the years has finally caught up to me. The deterioration of my mind and the subsequent physical deterioration of my health has led me to realize that my life may soon be reaching an end. Thus, as I stay within my chambers, I must now take the necessary steps to pass on the mantle of the Ruthern household and my titles as count to my heir.

To Demetrius,
Demetri, I entrust the holdings of my title and estate to you. You have grown into a responsible man and a diligent Admiral. It is time that you now carry the mantle of the Ruthern family. I know you will achieve more than what you believe. I know for a fact, that you will make a name for yourself and for the family. Good luck, son. 

To Rhys, 

You have done a lot for Ruthern and for the Kingdom. Your dedication to serving the people by tending to their health has earned you a rightful place and rightful recognition amongst our nation and our family. Regarding the holdings of real property, I leave the bakery in your holding to tend to and own. It shall be separate from Demetrius’s holdings. I hope you continue to help the business grow through your talented cooking and baking skills.

Signed,

THE RIGHT HONORABLE, Gaius var Ruthern, Count of Marsana, Ambassador of Balian.

THE RIGHT HONORABLE, Mariya Elizabeth Ruthern, Countess of Marsana.

The newly appointed Count glanced at the missive with a smile adorning his face as he carefully set it on his desk. "Spasi, papej." He'd make a pause in his words, before continuing. "You have proven to be an outstanding Head of House, I am forever grateful to the service you provided our Kingdom and the County of Marsana, it jest vyr turn to rest."