Sources for glow?

Bethinwonderland

Bring Back Glow Ink  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do we get the glow back?

• Night Glow flowers as an item get changed from cornflowers into glow ink
    • Night Glow when placed into a crafting bench gets made into glow ink (One to one)
    • Glow ink gets added to CT
    • Glow squids get added back
    • Glow ink should NOT be brought back
    • Other, write comment

This poll is closed to new votes

I have heard several players ask over the past few months "How do I get glow ink?", and within the current server economy, unfortunately, unless you were able to kill glow squids by the dozen when we still had them spawning into the realm. You are most likely going to be giving an arm and a leg for some if you don't know someone that has it stored away. I know that not all the options here are easy solutions- at least three of them would require some amount of work from our already overworked tech team. While I know not everyone likes glow ink, other people can't get enough and for those that might want to make their signs glow for the spooky season ahead, it is the perfect time for a thought experiment on this! I don't know if staff will take any note of this, however, maybe we can get a small ball rolling and see what comes happens.

Thoughts behind Night Glow

Spoiler

We can keep saying that we hunted glow squids to extinction, but say we figured out how to alter the bio-luminescence of the flower to work with signs and item frames.

Surprised they aren't at CT, would be a logical thing the economy team would use as a mina drain.

Gimme glowink!!

I didn't even know they were removed! Thankfully I got some when they were spawning at map start, but it'd stink if we cant get it another way. It was something that was basically free to get, so either add something like the Night Flower at the resource island or make them spawn.

Glowsquid ink would also be a much more useful tile resource than crop growth if it can be implemented, or just make nodes around the map for glowsquid ink like there are for alchemy ingredients.

I think that it should be added to ct, just like normal ink, or the crafting table thing. Put the nightglow flower in, glow ink comes out.

You’re glowing inside and outside queen 

pls I am almost out of my glow ink storage, and I only got them from buying at stalls of cities (they haven't restocked since then)

Thank you everyone for your input! Glow ink is at CT now, but I have no clue if it because of this!