[ooc] I cannot stop laughing

Lomiei

I genuinely am amazed at how stupid I am sometimes.

Earilier today I was going on and on in a conversation with a friend about how much I love the return of pvp default. 

"Homie, what do you mean theres no pvp default on lotc?"

I had assumed that the title of this post was the 'final edict' type act from the mod admin before he retired

(Best fortunes to your irl adventures itdontmatta).
I only was just told now that he didnt really mean he was making that a policy. And I laughed until it started to hurt.

Ok so yes im dumb but like what if we really took it seriously? What if we kinda just went along with it and pretended pvp default was back. Only for like 24 hours? And then if we like it, put it back maybe?

7 minutes ago, wolfersquad2004 said:

No </3

When you say no, what exactly do you mean?

no to the idea, or were you commenting on my tragic loss of sense?

31 minutes ago, Lomiei said:

Ok so yes im dumb but like what if we really took it seriously? What if we kinda just went along with it and pretended pvp default was back. Only for like 24 hours? And then if we like it, put it back maybe?

From what I heard, PVP Default was something that was basically forced upon the server by some person. I don't recall the exact details, though. Anyhow, it had remained that way for a long time before finally being shifted to CRP Default, molding into what we have now. Personally, I feel like we should not go back to that old way of doing things, this is an RP server, therefore RP should be the way that things are done as a default. You don't see people going up to bars and PVPing to get their drinks, that's just stupid, so why would we want conflicts to be defaulted to PVP again?

I've seen the server change over the past several years, and CRP does make it a lot easier to have fun villains because darkspawn are able to start conflicts without worrying about "Erm, PVP" when they just want to make a good story. Sadly, there are people who aren't good villains and just want to bandit people for pixels, but we should cater to those who enjoy RP rather than the kleptomaniacs who look at items and start drooling. Afterall, this is an RP server, we should stick to RP

17 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

From what I heard, PVP Default was something that was basically forced upon the server by some person. I don't recall the exact details, though. Anyhow, it had remained that way for a long time before finally being shifted to CRP Default, molding into what we have now. Personally, I feel like we should not go back to that old way of doing things, this is an RP server, therefore RP should be the way that things are done as a default. You don't see people going up to bars and PVPing to get their drinks, that's just stupid, so why would we want conflicts to be defaulted to PVP again?

I've seen the server change over the past several years, and CRP does make it a lot easier to have fun villains because darkspawn are able to start conflicts without worrying about "Erm, PVP" when they just want to make a good story. Sadly, there are people who aren't good villains and just want to bandit people for pixels, but we should cater to those who enjoy RP rather than the kleptomaniacs who look at items and start drooling. Afterall, this is an RP server, we should stick to RP

OK so take my rash 2am thinking with a grain of salt because I see the logic in your point. I have not gotten into a conflict since I came back to lotc so I havent read the current rules, but I recall one time in lotc where solving issues was ONLY allowed to be done through crp, or pvp resolutions between more than 3 people had to be over-seen by a mod and delayed for super long periods of time.

I would definately agree with the assertion that pvp default would be kinda silly. But the way it used to be sacrificed effectiveness and enjoyment for the sake of what was in many cases a smaller vote. 
But lemme read the rules and see how much of a balance there is right now. I might edit this later. if the current rules provide a good balance and standard for resolutions.

image.thumb.png.368e545c090c64f66c213dda022398ba.png

These are actually pretty good rules that I can get behind.
I retract my earlier request <3

7 minutes ago, Lomiei said:

OK so take my rash 2am thinking with a grain of salt because I see the logic in your point. I have not gotten into a conflict since I came back to lotc so I havent read the current rules, but I recall one time in lotc where solving issues was ONLY allowed to be done through crp, or pvp resolutions between more than 3 people had to be over-seen by a mod and delayed for super long periods of time.

I think the current rules on the matter are great! I'll provide a little snip here.

image.png?ex=6545b93e&is=6533443e&hm=616a11554e7b1bd02fa07c5a226d69a4eb7a0b94babc90c50c99816ae37343ac&

While CRP is the default, it can be PVP if all parties wish, or if there is 8 or more people and the majority of defenders vote for it. Personally, I think this is the best case we can hope for as it favors CRP while humoring the idea of PVP for those who want it