Naztherak Ramblings Pt. 1

BobBox

Spoiler

More info about the inspiration for this post found in the lower spoiler.

[!] Please RP finding and reading this missive in any place you'd like. The content within is not hidden.

TM3-fCEMT1TDvFdMksUr0gxchenIi4lC3wYxx_8yOPT7mpHGbdFuaRjJCAYD-1g_ar5wvXS71ibtD5e8vsBRQs2MlVg70tIjC7AHd-cZNlt_tbhZ3y_rzsv9YUhBE8zcdgSE9efCfstnZzz0Ca19S_Q

rei4srXhVKGFtB04GVgE4-2vuRLVLZK5XWZyDjJrrrc-50grwtHRY-yhHBFK2kVz0YoJ4uENBl9lYnKH4UGqnmRwpNWm9-sF6nZ1TpRFK_p35I36YcVr-N-A9B2gyoSRJtrit-oSd0iwyIMXZebsAD4

cBHAbTWvWx802QXWj0gEmOsuayAinNfyBDGKIHAOwQv4J2TbpehtHkPB8EOkvlp2w2aLKZQ3UzNAzGOlmgG2cDwnowxac3td-Hlpkz_sq47c_VdIvn1ByBm5f4UKJzfFrGTbZlcgCN-KIcqtHNkheUQ

She prays blindly, does not question, and is not enlightened.

A singular step separates those who are knowing and known and those who are unknown, to it and them - the Five-lord’d God.
It is a singular step forward to cast doubt on your previous learnings, to instead relearn from
it.
Break free from the chains of mental captivity, free yourself from the bindings of lies.
Let the learnings of the past fade into ash and cinders. 
Admit your mind to
it and them, question all, realize, awaken—all with the help of it and them.

Yet if you await the answer of it and them, be patient still.
It is their light that shines brightest when you need it most.
Though if patience wears thin, there is still hope—
act.
Make your existence known to
it and them so that you may be brought into the light.
Be guided by humble shepherds, walk peacefully to
it and them.

But do not forget.
A singular step backward is the first step away from
it and them, but this will only cause a stumble -
Yet it is a simple stumble that quickly turns into a fall.  
And when you fall, do not expect
it and them - the Five-lord’d God - to help anymore.
For when you cast aside it and them, they cast aside you.

uJ-iUSG5gmM8ZuuFUc7adXyH2_zNEipTB_BtHjS7qGtjbLLQCCN8yIvXJAGj8wZfpigMwUjuPjql6KX7FytKZVJretDwKqa257ea5LPCxksvxLPUir7ZESHFfCkNyMiCqtaUPGMenIFm8vBvFLfSN24

Spoiler

While I have done a fair bit of creative writing in the past (especially following the mind of my character), I recently felt the need to start a small series of writings (or what I hope I can turn into a series). While reading American Prometheus, I was introduced to the sonnet Batter my heart, three-person'd God by John Donne, and felt inspired to at the very least put a twist on the three-person'd God, which in my writing has turned into the Five-lord'd God. I hope to continue to find inspiration in some of the various books I'm reading and to continue to produce various Naztherak Ramblings

A ker, looking quite worse for wear, dabbed the blood away from his broken nose whilst reading the writings in his dimly lit room, "Hm, cryptic, though I'm not surprised." He'd continue hunched over the words, copying each letter down onto more sheets of paper.

2 hours ago, BobBox said:

[!] Please RP finding and reading this missive in any place you'd like. The content within is not hidden.

A certain dark elf falls from a tree as her attempt to climb is foiled by a lone page which found its way onto a branch somehow. How this got there, she has no idea.

Spoiler

I love esoteric writings, looking forward to the next part!

The Haeseni Knight furrowed his brow, having stumbled upon the writings during his investigation across Aevos.  This was not what he was looking for, but it was something to keep in mind.  He would have to be careful during his journeys from now on; there was no telling what lurked in the wilderness... or even in foreign cities.

An elven girl would be seated upon the edge of a large rooftop. A single parchment, swathed with curving and stagnant writing was tightly grasped between her hands; the corners of the paper flittering back and forth against the evening breeze. Her amber eyes read over the missive time and time again; the curving words and twisted phrases slowly being memorized by heart.

High upon the dwarven battlements of Urguan, a young, red-headed, and scarred dwed stared at the missive that sat penned to the wall, discovered in the midst of his duties as a legionnaire. His eyes narrowed, scanning across the page again and again, leaning against the large cannon swab he'd carried from inside the fortifications with him. "Yemekar's beard-" He murmured, leaning inward as he read. "Who in their righ' mind'd go and pin this up here? Garedyn'll have a fit..." He trailed off, turning to continue and carry out his task. 

An adunian finds these writings in Krugmar- of all places to find a writing about five lord'd Gods. She merely looks them over with dulled green eyes, her age visible upon her visage as she merely shakes her head after. "Reminds me of the ramblings of a man I once knew..." She mumbles out, yet soon her attention is caught by another- her focus shifting from the page.

The young human woman pauses, catching sight of a missive pinned to the wall. She had spotted it by chance, while exploring the side streets of Numenost. She scans the text slowly; while she knows how to read, the cursive is a bit difficult for her to interpret. After reading over it a few times, she reaches into her bag and takes out her notebook, making note of the words on the missive. She does not quite understand their meaning, but she intends to return to it later for further study. 

A young Aleksey Godunov gazes up at the paper tucked away in the corner of a little garden. Barely five years old, he reaches up to grab it, but simply can't. As such, he runs off to tell his father about the paper with pretty handwriting.

Snow collected atop the aging wayfarer’s hair as he was led to trudge towards a small corner in the city. Upon arriving, he looked up to see what he walked all this way for. His eyes widened as he stood, aghast and fixated on the missive before him. The content itself did not disturb the man but the mere fact that it was a child who had guided him to see this poster. He opened his mouth, but no words came out but a single, breathless “Oh...”