Death Without Undeath

simatra

[OOC: Keep in mind that although all of these things are accurate IRP, the knowledge or announcement of these things are not. Any information regarding personas mentioned within this post is not to be considered common knowledge. This was my first persona on the server that I’ve been playing for over 4 years now, so I became very attached to him, here is the story of his life and death.]

Recently, the Anthroparion known as Philos met his end in a duel with a mage. He lived a long life before that, though many of the stories are lost to time. 

One of the few records of his life is in entry 6, before he became an Anthroparion. It is unknown what happened to him in between writing this and when he emerged again, but he was much different from the man who Kariv had known. 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/193771-character-diary-sivians-notes/?tab=comments#comment-1788171 

[OOC: The character doc that I had made for him. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hKEP3ctgyCqDjIWMMMIZqfWLkDOpQ8A4Qnt3L7Ua7tg/edit?usp=sharing ]

Shortly after having become an Anthroparion, when talking to his creator: 

Learning of the fate that comes to him, of losing his soul, The Mad Poet is furious. He treasured his soul above all else, it was a major part of his being. He begins to feel lost, shattered, he is not The Mad Poet anymore. 

ToPKZK6CHWbCxTs3V4d9QMGbHoQgjzqXD_eJvbVpsyRKJBnnnKpdhv9cHyBrFBA6C7CPBjqipf4DDVsMoDydb1IcybkIBszVJj-0CPLO9-awYRFYV-wV6uzVHRt3tDrsRaeYFy0Lq8sZWS1b8xPEsyw

The creator tries to calm him, he tries to reason with the man who is now unsure of himself. 

h_DuAMNlS01ZMwXuTWf5EL48ZjbaZitQ24lcU6z4qdQa4kfbDfhtU4hs4XzAI9tPZYYtB4WssEmuucg-xrT19pHYxf3KW1-2Gwq681YCdcJhZL0fx-c0s0VdFJJ6djd2XAbxRGXED7vndwgj_oXiZFo

w8G0WvGjOo7qDENEEKqlFjDhIBiYSEr_h2OlxLe29JX1rq3ZBw-A91uByMKL1QaSQklozZiCkXOTbCJ281gx1XihFKqfIyPvpDL1tcekyNcFrjpXLIABuD9Jo3buJRVq5thyBtNTGNfaq5X82JS8ZxM

ojgWkvHTNS_M7533YaBsQl722UzmGNkXvvMXqM4vekFWI8RbUJbwqMxNdtIK9V_tw5eUAV7bnNJP_one72-c79fQqclaV3d2C27dK1g3mw1N8U23ERYwD8qCWWUKDl8pGDPM07wfkAe8hRTY9hjQjeQ

Mm7sv0hpGq6ybDfjyhA4QOIl3ve1e8g60CxQRqhESMtoOPO9B_Tl1maFd_TZrfkmVcKt-1paGpuinVNyDoW27HKg9NmWUQPsinshsuibEpHqVAMm6TDKYYdOSYV0wE96QbykGeD3k3wAdCo0UTkmqbc

IKlzomSHC6mlSNs9hO5LZG1qEXimrHFOl8lVTvhdPWAznexJv2zLDckce2d_ySs5I8Wuuzjlyk6TpdUQS3pvzmGtvR01asIN5-w-3ARBR-Aoim-VT8kPTxrfsDC-FdlgLXb7172w5owDDO2DejMyXp8

With the complete death of The Mad Poet, rain began to pour. 

However, that was not the end. He discovered an ability. He was an experiment of this mad alchemist, and this ended up leading to a discovery. He did not die. His body, with this mysterious vivacion, could reform itself. He was the second Anthroparion to ever be made, and the last one left from his time. His creator, having tried to play God, had created something that would have lived on for eternity. Philos, what came to be his new name, his new identity, after his previous self had Shattered, would die countless times, the vast majority self-inflicted. 

He found only one goal remained, and that was to reunite with his soul. The true fear that he would be utterly gone after his death, with no afterlife awaiting him, or the Anthroparion mind, they both had a looming psychological horror they faced, that of the certainty that there was no afterlife. When it all ended, things would just go black. The soul would never know that the body had lived on, they were truly forsaken creatures. 

One day, Philos met up with a friend of his, named Juniper. They met a friend of hers named Lanre, and after chatting, Philos and Lanre decided they wanted to spar. Philos said the words that he believed to be the truth, “I am immortal.” so that Lanre wouldn’t hold back. There were spectators, bets on who would win, and yet the duel concluded in a blazing fire destroying the body of Philos. In his last act, he threw his head out, to give himself a few more seconds. For the first time, after dying hundreds of times, he had felt true pain. He experienced mortality again. He knew he was dying, and so he gave out his last words. 

ArUuvSQiatld_ibAjvdqUZ9hCuGlReXPt_vjVRV1OKyjOmREC5z77U9Y1hQjb9LD8JfOTd936_4hcaL_Mmsxyu53tJlPH5vBrQEvU8DNHexAvaoW1GajXvnIqbKwbG760iF4I2UYwNktzkXSe2jldNM

As the eyes of the head dimmed, the last sign of life on the corpse finally burned out, after the long decades the body had to live well past its expiration date. 

It was a fitting end for this one of two brothers. Kariv Siv, his brother who had died long before him, had died in a similar way, in a duel. Both were untimely ends to their tragic lives. Fitting. At last, the Sivs are truly at rest. 

… 

The fears were right. As the head loses consciousness, all that is left is black. In misguided hopes to revive it, the head is stored, preserved, but there is no afterlife. This initial experimentation by a man who tried to play God, has finally come to an end. There is no more pain, no more death, no more life. There is finally nothing. 

Juniper was silent. She was conflicted.

Within a safe pocket of the void, she kept the decapitated head of Philos.

"....I am sorry I did not do more," She breathed. "I'm sorry I did not save you."

A carefree elf, ginger haired elf with sharp yellow eyes had been quietly wandering the roads, as per usual, just when a sudden thought struck his mind. "Hmm... I should probably go find Philos one of these minutes. He's overdue for his next lesson- maybe he'll let me prod at his form." Muttered that red elf to none other than himself. "Quite curious that one is." And so he continued on with his day, unknown to the fate that has befallen this curious student.

Endyn Jindle of both infamy and plight, hears of this tragedy befalling the final living member of his entourage. So he doth pray for his fallen brother, the time of his banditry and fatihless looting behind him for good. He begins to ask Luara, ask her to find Philos' soul, find him and give an exception. As he does so, a tear falls from his face, perhaps the last bit he has to give for anything in this world. He takes his bandana, and wipes his face before turning back to look up at the Goi, with renewed sense of direction in life.