Gharak’s Claim for Yargoth

Gomoore

Gharak’Yar was working as usual in the library. A transcription from old, tattered scrolls on spiritual worship.
“Guidanze… Guidanze frum dy anzeztorz…”
She muttered something, carefully laying words in a new book.

“Mi kud uze zome tuu… Ah zign ov zortz…”
She paused, pulling back to stretch her spine, and glanced over at the great portrait of Barbog which, as always, was watching over the library with his warm gaze. He winked. Gharak froze. Did the mural just wink at her? She had not taken any cactus green in at least a few hours, nor was she sleep-deprived. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and understood.

tVBDkwboIQjKRR5TNU-Zr-m1S8dhA88Ee29x06oTx2eqixHhlg9Vs_XkYEBM2dOrXUOWeBq-LajHmlzphYl1lPejIxDcpO0YKBWzt8DYND8LXN0gxeR-lRPUzw7u7YPeUfHShtar6jJiYZnxkTNpDQU

The large door opened with a loud rumble, the old mechanism grinding the roots which had grown between its heavy stone cogs. She was met with the warmth and humidity of a tropical biome. The Yar clan hall was dimly lit. Here and there, glowing flowers were dangling from the irregular ceiling. Even through the murkiness, it was obvious; Freygoth had claimed this cave which had gone unused for too long. Moss was creeping around large puddles on the ground, vines were climbing all the way up to the ceiling where they formed a mesh of green garlands. On the walls, vegetation was hiding both the cold stone and the bone pillars of the cave, the dark green hues only broken up where lonely mushrooms delineated red and orange patches.

Tk2R409IziVO9cFwYgYythTWcGARj0SCaSawgDcd8qTBv7GaYYIYchtsRWRcFcBGnJztYl26kekelXC9brsev70sHYlP35KA_3nndQqqfvG2WBoXdbrjX8oQ2AiCE2LBKAKKQwc8cFt0-TBcecgyO1s

She found what she had come for; at the center of the cave there was a large pond of blood, and in the middle of this pond a crimson island of ground bones and bloody remains, and on it a great tree of skulls, bones and bloody flesh branches. The altar was under the tree, waiting, beckoning for her. She stopped before stepping on the large beast spine which served as a bridge to the island.

She brought her pan flute to her lips, under her skull mask; and she started playing a soft, sorrowful melody. The notes echoed, bouncing on lush walls, filling the network of caves, bringing a new breath, a new life to the place. When she stopped, the music lingered some more, and only after a while the cave fell back into silence.

Tw: Arachnophobia

Spoiler

ncNkU8tWepH3KuGsclmQeBKg5K7v1yIvKL4CAot2przDt3LYoozBTvwUcO49sGxaL_LEVQJYNm9Zligp9DmpPH2T9JDpifxkJLWGZfb0qfzeXaQG9A9hdCl1pOvwGy3R1X0VKTmdbU7w4gPYGV-6yZY

So Gharak’Yar called upon the spirits.

Frûmob Stargûsh! Zûrul! Ghûlum Dûglab Rakdâgtuk! 

Pukhlubizg baiarkizubûr, largizushu durbûrz.

Pulling out a knife, she cut her palm, and fed the altar with her blood; she let her blood mix into the crimson soil, and into the pond below to join the blood of her ancestors, and vowed:

Narzigub nargimbalk lat.

And so, confident that she had gotten the blessing of her ancestors, she wrote missives to her fellow members of clan Yar.

y0bqGgUbqxaeasp0JI34bGGHeZKI5LBY8VviOuFNDHkA6tqKoUNOEkYflG4RQOmPPVk5IBV_-r2HsQ9F7Z75ws8gS-DlaEupN-Wv4IuZK_hWuoM7iZAUxWpCtwcgG_nEv1uxwDnaCP8csLOztpTSWiY

<<<D

From the day my kub self found herself in the Library of Theruz, back in San’Velku, the Yar clan has been my family, educating me, strengthening my knowledge and will.

I have learned and received so much from this clan, and though I may never be as wise as Lûp-Yar, I think it is my turn to give.

Following the turmoil of the past cactus weeks, it seems like the Iron Ugz is headed for a new era of klomps agh wagh; the spirits have filled our hearts with thirst for blood and conquest.
Our clan always had the great role of shepherding our brothers and sisters towards honor, towards greater balance and worship of the spirits. And just like how we have always done, I wish to guide our brothers in this quest for our great destiny.

I hereby claim the role of Yargoth, letting Zag’Yar get some well-deserved rest.
May any Yar feel free to challenge me if they don’t see me fit, either by a Klomp or a challenge of wit or wisdom. I will be waiting for them.

And great times will be waiting for us all.

<(O)> \o/ Yargoth Gharak

The Ancient Shaman known as Al-Uk 'The One Voice' Yar sits within a darkened cavern, scratching maddened cave-man esque cave paintings into the cavern walls. All the while muttering sweet insanities in the ancient tongue. At the cener of all these drawings is Ixli, The Traitor spirit who went on to create the Moz'Strimoza...

However the Yar feels a new Wargoth ascend to his clans Throne, A disturbance the Shaman is sure to come and investigate. For none but those most worthy shall sit the bone throne of the Yars.

Edited by ThatDutchFellow