[✗] [Creature Lore] Battle Ferrets

VoidTermnia

While I'm not a fan of the concept (I think people get too caught up in "this would be cute" animal lore like this and duufles to really think about what rp they bring to the server), I have a couple critiques

The BIG one is the stated background for their existing. Someone did a ferret breeding program to make them larger and more aggressive? You could do better, imo, incorporate it into a preexisting, even if minor, lore that would make it more interesting than just a breeding program.

The fact that it's really just "big ferret" with nothing else really going for it is kind of boring, and I'd encourage you to add some more interactivity with the world of LOTC in specific, and not think of it in a vacuum.

You've stated in a previous reply that these things can wear steel armor, which is a lot more powerful than you think, and has been a stated reason for other creature lore being denied. I'd think on this.

Remember that lore, as a whole, is a collaborative effort. Making large ferrets is a great thing for a base idea, but if you want to see it used outside of just people who like ferrets, think about how these things can be worked into a story. I wish you luck in the loremag.

1 hour ago, TimberBuff said:

While I'm not a fan of the concept (I think people get too caught up in "this would be cute" animal lore like this and duufles to really think about what rp they bring to the server), I have a couple critiques

The BIG one is the stated background for their existing. Someone did a ferret breeding program to make them larger and more aggressive? You could do better, imo, incorporate it into a preexisting, even if minor, lore that would make it more interesting than just a breeding program.

The fact that it's really just "big ferret" with nothing else really going for it is kind of boring, and I'd encourage you to add some more interactivity with the world of LOTC in specific, and not think of it in a vacuum.

You've stated in a previous reply that these things can wear steel armor, which is a lot more powerful than you think, and has been a stated reason for other creature lore being denied. I'd think on this.

Remember that lore, as a whole, is a collaborative effort. Making large ferrets is a great thing for a base idea, but if you want to see it used outside of just people who like ferrets, think about how these things can be worked into a story. I wish you luck in the loremag.

Thanks for the feedback! I've specified what armors battle ferrets can wear, and how much. As for the origins, I have added an entire section on how the battle ferrets came to be!

5 hours ago, TimberBuff said:

It actually doesn’t say anything about the battle ferrets having increased aggression. They have the normal hostility level of any ferret in the wild they are just very large. As for rp reason, I don’t think EVERY creature needs some huge piece of how it works into the story. Some animals just exist to exist 

50 minutes ago, Zanael Moonstrider said:

Battle Ferrets...

Y E S

Glad to see the king approves 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.