On Orenism: A Synopsis of Pro-Empire Arguments

Tiber, a long forgotten Elf of the Holy Princedom of Malinor, came upon the studies of the Bishop Andrikev within the library of St. Godwin's Society to great acclaim, for the scholarly musings of Man had always amused him. In particular, the topic of Oren was always of interest to the Elf, his own life having been intertwined with its many iterations throughout his centuries of life. Whereas his long life had been one of paced existence and meditation, the Humans shone bright like an expiring firework, cresting to a spectacular explosion that dazzles everyone, an imagery represented as Oren - for better or worse.

However, the Elf no longer saw any such passion left in the degrading Realms of Man, and those with a modicum of this ambition were too inept to propagate effectively. The Humans of today seem more content with their own petty squabbling, and paranoia of one another, than that of brotherly unity that so hallmarked their Eras. A profound tragedy, for disunity was the tool of the Great Deceiver against the Four Brothers - perhaps voidal tendrils have reached out once more to render nations apart in a bid to lay the groundwork for further Ibleesian plotting, another great continental cataclysm, one more grand exodus to undergo. Though, united or not, Mankind had always worked its best to ruin one another regardless, and as the author remarked, imperial peace was the exception, not the rule. Tiber shrugged at that, enjoying another soothing sip of Shieming tea as he continued reading the Orenian thesis, perhaps in time and experience his racial cousins would figure out a method of existence that does not cause so much wanton grief.

Nevertheless, the Elf concluded his pondering knowing the status quo was ineffective for the entirety of Aevos, it had become increasingly obvious to many that drastic change has to be made, less the cycle of violence is repeated, and maybe it need not be done in the Orenian sense, but something more - the Descendants do not have to be so tied down by their history as to repeat the formation of yet another Empire. However, what ever supranational order the King of Haense has planned for the post-war scenario on Aevos was surely not going to last as it is now - the Grand Covenant has to reform into something more, less they all allow it to break apart once ambitions no longer align and thus repeating the cycle of disaster in due time.

Overlooking the Silver Sea now, Tiber had finishes both his tea and the thesis, he offered his thoughtful thanks to the Bishop Andrikev for stimulating his aging mind like so, and continued on with his day.

"God save the Holy Orenian Empire. One God, One Empire and One Emperor. Oren Aut Mortem." stated Marc Galbraith upon reading the dissertation, a Balianese historian who up to this date is still waiting for a Horen-blood descendant to claim the Imperial Throne with the blessing of the High Pontiff, unify the Realms of Men and lead Humanity into a new golden age of Orenian prosperity.

Marc then grabbed ink and a quill and decided to write a response to the author of the dissertation ( @yopplwasupxxx):

"Your Excellency,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have read your dissertation regarding Orenism and I fully agree with your statements and your views regarding our common human history.

I do think, though, that if any new Orenian state was to be formed, that country should be able to integrate the different views of its provinces with regard to the nation's governance into its institutions of government. In the Eight Empire that integration was mainly done through the Imperial Diet and, more specifically, the Imperial Senate, an institution which played a fundamental role in granting every province the right to democratically elect their own senators to represent them in such institution. However, the secession of the Kingdom of Haense led to such provincial representation being ultimately removed and replaced with plain national elections.

In summary, I think it is fundamental that the central government respects the provinces and minorities that comprise such country, i.e., the different kingdoms, lands and regions of the Orenian state. And, in order to achieve that goal, I suggest granting these entities and groups representation and encouraging their participation in the central institutions of the country, ideally through democratic means such as senatorial elections.

Sincerely,

Marc Galbraith"