We will be weak no more

The Thane sits at his desk within the northern lands of the industrial hold with a mechanical writing device in hand pressed against paper. The tool drags across the piece as he writes out a letter which has been copied many times over. 

Our family has carved the names of many great ones into the records of time, records now gone due to the destruction of Kal'Darakaan. Once a great line of ancient might, now nothing but shattered pieces spread out across the world. We have grown weak, fragile to world around us, forgotten even to some and belittled by others. Our crafts are nearly dried up from the world, and our history forgotten due to the lack of guidance and teachings. Our Elders have forgotten what it is to be a Starbreaker, to be a descendant of Gotrek the Starbreaker himself. They have scattered with the winds and left their family behind or have remained to simply watch the family dull its sharpness.  

It is enough to see our lineage cripple itself, but even worse to see the world around us forget our capabilities. Countless times has our Clan Kin been captured and attacked by the spawn of evil, creatures of chaos. Do we retaliate? No. Our members do not even exist within the dwarven lands except the few uneducated and unguided beardlings that are without a teacher to show them the way. When did we become so weak that the spawns of evil are courageous enough to harm us? 

I do not blame the Elders anymore, nor do I to those who have left us. Instead I will make it known that the Elders are no longer fit to perform their role. They have grown too old and their wisdom goes with them. Instead, I seek to replace the position of the Elders with new blood, let the rusted cogs rest while the new ones work. Finally, the Lord of Gotrek's folk- Jorvin in all his might is great and respected, but it has come to the point where even Heros get too old. I do not deny his wisdom or his care for this family, but it has dulled over the years to where he can no longer perform well enough. Perhaps it is time steps down- helping the clan with his teachings of history instead. All have served well in the past, but it is just that- The Past.

With that being said,

I, Ulfar of the Kornazkarumm, summon the entirety of the Elder Family of Gotrek. Those who can make the journey are to attend the gathering of the Starbreakers at the clan hall within the lands of Urguan. Furthermore, I summon the Lord Jorvin Kazrinsson and Elder Norli Norvarsson to address two things.

First, as a blood of Gotrek, I contest Lord Jorvin for the position he holds- The Head of Gotrek's Folk, leader of not only the family but the entire bloodline. As stated before in this letter, he has aged significantly since he took the mantle of our family, but his prime is long gone. Sadly this is not the only reason for contesting the Lord Starbreaker. Our family has always been about neutrality, only caring for our own blood, but Jorvin despite his many acts of care, is loyal to the Grand Kingdom of Urguan above all else. His loyalty to it affects the family is such a way that it influences the young to break away from the importance of family, break away from neutrality. This cause has lead to Jorvin no longer doing what is best for the family, and instead what is best for the Kingdom he serves. I do not antagonize him for his loyalty, simply put- it is not in favor of Us.

Second, Norli is to be stood before the clan to answer for the actions he has taken. Elder Norli, similar to Lord Jorvin, has broken the ideals of Neutrality within our clan, choosing to conduct schemes of grand proportions which favor himself and others, but not Us. The act of Khron'Hundmar being one of them, as the simple idea of causing chaos within Urguan led to endanger our own family, so much so that I myself was brutalized in the streets of Urguan for being a Starbreaker. This act stained our family with shame, enough to even cause dispute between Lord Jorvin and Elder Norli, two giants of our family now with blood between them. When did we start placing our own pride above our family's wellbeing? 

I have witnessed great horrors fall upon my family, but I have seen enough. I trusted my Elders and Lord to do what is right for this family, and such trust has been tarnished. 

Now to address myself- You may say that I have done the same, but this is where you are false. I left peacefully and kept friendly interactions with my Kin from in the Father lands. I have given my own family a second home to rest at if they are not enjoying their other options. I did not seek to cause chaos, but instead try and restore some form of Order that had been lost a long time ago. I have placed my own family above my own needs countless times, and will continue to do so even if it will end in the destruction of Kaz'ad Nolvaraz.

The reformation of my family is upon us and I will not let anything or anyone stop me from revitalizing our future. This is family matter and has nothing to do with Urguan or my own Lands.

The letter is finished off with a Starbreaker wax seal, an anvil with three stars above it. Many Servus golems are sent out across the world in search for those of the Family to hand them the letter.

OOC

Spoiler

The clan meeting will be Sunday, January 21st 2024 at 8pm EST.

Edited by Papa Rock

Norli had always been very supportive of younger dwarves, and found himself considering to support Ulfar despite the shade thrown on Jorvin. Yet when he read the condemnation of Khron'Hundmar, the old Rhun Prophet's heart was hardened and he schemed once more. But alas; it broke the elder's heart to ponder what cruel words he would speak!

Narvi read the missive with trepidation, silently praying that the great Starbreaker clan would find reason and reconcile.

Mim Dworicsson Starbreaker read over the missive, a rare scowl soon coming over his face. “BAHH! Oi will goh toh tis meetin’, but onleh toh support Lerd Jorvin ahn Eldah Norleh! tis es rotten, rotten ahn foul oi doh say!” At that, the normally jolly merchant dwed stored away the letter for later, alongside many other messages and missives, grumbling deeply.

A dark expression flashed over Jorvin as he prepared for battle, a servant having read the missive to the Dwarvish Lord while he was fitted into his armor. His heart was pierced by a feeling he had not felt in centuries- Betrayal, and it hardened from it. His reply would come after the victory, but it would not be the one Ulfar hoped for.