An Owed Apology

uHqCJkbheBZy5kJleneLeUqInXFCBJ3TQQHQS55GR_YXGLWbaB34eyvq5g6yIa0jQa1Vwq96WsogUCu25pGfADd-xFzeVZBtgpDRgFUZfAvCX_OXmG7-JsYdmIB-FKWhH0l3pcZehc_9kdb9i2shuhc

A public missive was sent to the paper-press of Balian, Haense and Kaethul specifically, in a bid to distribute the following for all to see.

(All this is publically available to read, including spoilered pieces.)

“Through selfish acts of my own, great pain to others followed. Some of whom I held in high regard, and others close to those individuals. I am grateful for those friends who showed their support and comfort during my selfish acts.

Admittedly, seeking to vanish from the life I had both been given and had created was something born of desperation and an inability to commit, and accept. There are no books that write of a mothers love being natural or easy, or of how being a wife is problem free and straightforward. 

Ultimately, I allowed those anxious thoughts to fester and in turn, I hurt those closest.”

To Ilya:

Spoiler

“Aside from my family, you are the sole person who knows me the most. We grew up together, and while we did not truly bond until we were older, you saw me struggle through the loss of parents, through anxiety, through alcohol and so on.

None of this does, however, justify the hurt I caused you. 

My intention was to give you free reign. To live unburdened by my lack of dedication to Haense, to be able to raise our children with the love and devotion a proper parent could offer. Not that of an incapable mother. I did not imagine the grief you would suffer. I did not imagine the troubles you would face. 

And while you have told me to stop saying sorry,

I am sorry.”

To Yera:

Spoiler

“While I barely know you- I am aware that you and Anatoliy are as close as kin. 

My actions are likely unforgivable on your part and for that I understand. I can only apologize, and thank you for caring for Anatoliy during those years.”

To Henrik, Liridona, Karl and Teddy:

Spoiler

“Admittedly, I should have told you all, and sought you all out for guidance and support as opposed to acting brashly.

I’m sorry.”

To Sybille:

Spoiler

“My dearest friend. 

I am sorry for any deception created during all of this. While ultimately I did not wish to leave you and Balian, I did not believe it possible to hide away entirely under the same name. And so, Maria del Mar was born.

My love for Balian still holds strong despite the name or persona used. Should you still have me, I would continue my duties in the courts as I have been.”

To Aveline:

Spoiler

“I know that Anatoliy loves you. He will not deny such.

If it is truly what he wishes for, he has every and all right to pursue you in place of me. I would see him happy and content, if that is what he wished.”

“My children suffered years without their family as a unit. For that alone, I can not forgive myself. My husband suffered countless nights of restless sleep- my family honoring one speculated to have fallen in war, None of these people deserve the heartbreak they suffered, and I only hope to make up for lost time however possible.”

GbKRXw5THmgTmnlqZOXMEG3MKWA_5w6cLKvB2JLs6x-dKXiAOK4tBTG5sPVoaZ5vwWDj6SHNlNJvQzVkKdsjx9N_iMzAlfLhD3WAB7Tm4BE5wL2hUolwnfVi--_IOoq5kYRgAarpxrFCMNsUd3hy-rk

Sybille would mumble for a moment upon her reading of the letter "Huh-" would be heard as she grabbed her own  quill and some paper to write a letter to the woman in response.

The next time Liridona saw Poppiya, she wrapped her within a warm embrace. There was no anger or resentment, only a relief that her niece was home.

Anatoliy sat with his wolves, reading the words whilst idly tossing pieces of meat towards the two beasts.

At last, he set the paper down. He remained silent. He then stood.

He went to find his wife, and give her a kiss.

Henrik refers any inqueries to his previous missive.

TO ALL THOSE WHO WOULD REPROACH MY KINSWOMEN, NOW AND FOREVERMORE:

Piss off about it.